• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Evil Ocean Water & Sage Centipede Upgrade

In chapter 156 of One-Punch Man, Sage Centipede (SC) and Evil Ocean Water (EOW) were sent by God to destroy the "Abominable Fist that turned against God." Initially, the community thought that the "Fist" SC and EOW were referring to was Garou, but given recent developments in the story, we now know that it actually is Saitama.

What makes this new information so interesting is that from it, we know that God knew about Saitama for quite a while. So long, in fact that we could use this as an upgrade.

Knowing that Saitama was strong enough to overpower Orochi's Gaia Cannon and defeat Orochi, God still sent SC and EOW to defeat him. This means that God was confident enough in their power to believe that they could take out someone at least at the level of Orochi.

Thus, SC and EOW would be upgraded from 6-A, to High 6-A.
When I first heard of this scaling, my eyebrow was raised, but after looking at SC and EOW's profiles, I saw that the upgrade is not big at all due to their rating coming from the Kinetic Energy of SC's 6666 Leg Grand Drill Technique.

THIS CRT IS ONLY TO DISCUSS THE POSSIBLE UPGRADE. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DERAILING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU

One anti-feat that came to my mind is that we see the destruction of EOW's Sea Cannon when it hit the ground. It isn't as strong as PO's slicing beam. Though, you can argue things like this tend to happen in OPM.

One anti-feat that came to my mind is that we see the destruction of EOW's Sea Cannon when it hit the ground. It isn't as strong as PO's slicing beam. Though, you can argue things like this tend to happen in OPM.
The OP doesn't mention Psykorochi. It only mentions normal Orochi.

Also, EOW already scales vastly above his Sea Cannon's destruction, as it was calced at around 6-C iirc.

Orochi has better feats than PO. The latter is superior to the former by scaling. I could switch the PO example to Orochi's. It doesn't change much.

Orochi has better feats than PO. The latter is superior to the former by scaling. I could switch the PO example to Orochi's. It doesn't change much.
You couldn't, as Saitama never faced Psykorochi. The basis of this scaling is that God viewed EOW and SC as > Orochi, due to him thinking they could defeat Saitama, who's only major feat known by him at the time was defeating Orochi.

Did God know that Saitama defeated Orochi? When did he know about Saitama exactly? Maybe when Saitama was underground with FF and Manako?

Yeah we need to know how long GOD knew about Saitama. Is it confirmed why GOD thinks he turned against him to begin with?

Did God know that Saitama defeated Orochi? When did he know about Saitama exactly? Maybe when Saitama was underground with FF and Manako?
He obviously knew about Saitama before then. In between Saitama's encounter with God and SC, literally nothing happened for God to call Saiatamthe "Fist that turned against God."

It's clear that it's from Orochi's defeat, as Orochi was supposed to be the sacrifice for God's resurrection, but Saitama ruined that.

It seems pretty clear he knows it's Saitama, when he tries to possess Saitama, as well as him referring to Saitama when he possesses Garou at the beginning of cosmic Garpu vs Saitama

This could be the first time that God saw Saitama and Saitama very clearly provoked him. We need to know when did he know exactly about Saitama because this is important.

He said he would kick his butt while raising his fists. That could be the reason God viewed Saitama as the "Fist that turned against God".
That doesn't make any sense. Why would God me mad because of that? My points still are a lot more sound.

This could be the first time that God saw Saitama and Saitama very clearly provoked him. We need to know when did he know exactly about Saitama because this is important.
This was after his battle against Orochi, so scaling SC and EOW above Orochi isn't really supported by anything since God doesn't know that Saitama beat him.

This was after his battle against Orochi right? Then scaling SC and EOW above Orochi isn't really supported by anything since God doesn't know that Saitama beat him.
Yeah, it was after. Saitama fought Orochi in Chapter 112, and the scene where God spoke to Saitama, Flash and Manako is in Chapter 139.

This was after his battle against Orochi, so scaling SC and EOW above Orochi isn't really supported by anything since God doesn't know that Saitama beat him.
This is assuming my take is correct while Kachon's isn't. About the time when God viewed Saitama as the fist that turned against God. That or when he defeated Orochi.

It seems really far-fetched, when God was talking to Saitama he didn't seem to be angry at all, or even knew who Saitama was, or if he was "worthy" of his power.

"Let us see if you're appropriate vessels of my power"
"A deserving vessel will obtain power, but the undeserving shall be collected"

The lack of feats doesn't help either, and the way OP pains it is weird:
I saw that the upgrade is not big at all due to their rating coming from the Kinetic Energy of SC's 6666 Leg Grand Drill Technique.
The Leg Grand Drill is literally his strongest known attack, it coming from KE is completely irrelevant.

And Orochi's feat is thousands of times superior to SG's strongest technique.

Actually, there is a cover that shows the moon (God) looking through the hole that Saitama made when he punched Rover, that looks directly at Orochi's domains (maybe I'm making thins up?).

Also, God revived SC from Orochi's remains, so he obviously knows about his defeat.

Another fact that solidifies this is that God gives his powers to Orochi and Psykos probably to fight Saitama (the first thing Orochi says after combining is that he will beat him).

And, there is also the fact that God sees Tatsumaki end Psykorochi, but he doesn't consider Tatsumaki as the fist that turned against God, but instead keeps considering Saitama as the main person that needs to be erradicated, and then sends SC and EOW, so that would make them scale above Psykorochi as well.

Kachon, you could have at least mentioned me, I was planning to do this CRT tomorrow after researching a bit more :(. Obviously I agree with the upgrade.

This doesn't look solid enough for an upgrade to me. Just because somebody wants to beat someone, doesn't mean that they actually are capable of it.

I also disagree, God may even partly know how strong Saitama is, but there seems to be a limit to the power he can bestow to his goons (reason why Garou is stronger than Homeless Emperor and such), and even then, he didn't have anyone else at his disposal to send out (before Garou).

If God actually knew that Saitama defeated Orochi, then maybe a possible rating doesn't seem that far-fetched.

I think it's too early to even say God believed they can defeat Saitama. While that is what they believed or were told, we don't know if God thought they could. Who knows what kind of plans a being called God may actually have. It isn't impossible he wanted them to fight and lose for some other reason.

Obviously this is pure speculation, but likewise we don't have 100% confirmation that he was confident they could defeat Saitama. And like Damage said, him wanting them to beat them doesn't really mean they can. For all we know SC and EOW were the best he could do at the time. We don't really know God's limitations or powers.

I think there are too many unknowns about God to make this valid. Maybe in the future if we get more information about God or something.

I also disagree, essentially for the reasons theRustyOne gave.

I see where you're coming from, but if God sent these guys to fight Saitama he did a crap job because Sage popped up in front of everyone and advertised he was going against "the fist that turned against god" right in front of anti-establishment and misotheistic martial artist Garou who just killed various cadres. If I were Garou I would also assume that Sage was talking to me

And I don't get the impression that Sage and EOW are massively superior to Orochi- Orochi's core suck was that thing and Sage and EOW didn't reach that tier.

I’m also gonna have to disagree for the same reasons as Therefir and TheRustyOne.

The justification for scaling them to Orochi is honestly just to flimsy, especially when they just don't have anything close to the Gaia Cannon or Orochi distorting Earth's inner layers.

So I'm not the upgrade without more evidence coming to light.

Yeah, I thought so. I just made this CRT because someone mentioned this time of scaling in the general discussion thread, and I had some interest on where it would lead.

Back