• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man - Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon and Saitama upgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this "everyone" you're referring to, lol?

Also, I already expressed disagreement few days back on discord after giving it a glance. I was just not interested enough to comment

And as Arc said this will go nowhere. Ueta can respond whenever she wants to.

...... XD, when i am refering to everyone, i am refering to a large majority (there is like 2 CM here)

Wow. I'm not here for 1-2 days because of ACNH and everyone trusts nerds like The Christ because he put two or three formulas without even solving them in the chat. '-'
Has everyone forgotten all the sources and backing I put like 3 or 5h before I leave?

I have only one thing to say to Nerds :

Btw, I already used Stefan-Boltzmann law, for my own work to calculate a fictional sun's energy output (meaning I'm familiar with it, duh). This can't be used there at all.

Could you explain why not?
No, the Earth heated up to 784 million degrees would certainly radiate, it might not be a blackbody, but it would radiate.
The Earth not being a blackbody or not is not the problem.

In blackbody radiation, peoples consider planets and stars (including the Earth and the Sun) as blackbodies. Even though by definition, they are not "perfect" blackbodies, but for the sake of simplicity they can have the characteristics of blackbodies applied to them.

Thou, being an imperfect blackbody. The Earth's have many problems.
  • Like for example : If we use a single layer atmosphere model, you can say that Earth atmosphere is a blackbody too. But using the full model it cannot. Since it is difficult to imagine an object that absorbs and emits all wavelengths with equal probability but not equal magnitude.
And there in the last sentence that I said, you have our problem: The emission phenoma

"All bodies radiate energy W depending on temperature T, according to the Stefan-Boltzmann law W = ε σT4 where emissivity ε is equal to 1 for black bodies and less than 1 for grey bodies, σ being the Stefan constant. The energy density for a given wavelength is given by Planck's law."

Or in simpler terms: The Stefan-Boltzmann law is in use to express the total power per unit surface of area ("The intensity") that is radiated by an object (Most of the time, a black body).

You can't use it for CSRC since it would assume the Earth's produced all this energy by itself like it is radiating it has it is some kind of brown dwarf star. You aren't gonna anything to it and it will don't yield any value of "destruction".

To be even simpler : It would be like you imagined a giant heater the size of the Earth with the shape of the Earth. If turned it on, it will produce energy per second (W) and heat, which would technically be slighty harmful to the Earth, but which in the context of the calculation absolutely not harm the blackbody that radiate it.

That wasn't the point of what Nerd was saying. He's saying heating the Earth to 784 million degrees would be in effect creating a 10^43 joule per second radiator. That energy would come from the attack, aka you're proposing a star level attack from "scorching the earth".

That wasn't the point of what Nerd was saying. He's saying heating the Earth to 784 million degrees would be in effect creating a 10^43 joule per second radiator. That energy would come from the attack, aka you're proposing a star level attack from "scorching the earth".
I mean Ueta is simply saying that the Stefan-Boltzmann doesn't apply in this scenario, as the Earth is not the radiator, CSRC is, which makes sense.

Using a wrong formula that doesn't apply in this case.

It so much applies.
And so do all the calculation that do surface destruction that reach planet level energy or multi-continent level energy then. But they are not.
(Like the Thanos one from Therefir that literally move the planet's crust and it's athmosthere at 8% the speed of light, imagine the damage and the heat generated)

And so do all the calculation that do surface destruction that reach planet level energy or multi-continent level energy then. But they are not.
(Like the Thanos one from Therefir that literally move the planet's crust and it's athmosthere at 8% the speed of light, imagine the damage and the heat generated)
Literally none of those other calcs heat the planet to 784 million degrees.

And since I know you are gonna kept arguing about all night long and you are not listening to me (and I wanna play ACNH), hear my joker.
  • Arc, I can play the game of the stupid all the ways I want too, look :
You want to apply a sub-reality rules to my calculation because I'm using "heat". But then why aren't you doing the same for all the explosion calculation and other high-heat calc/low-temperature calc' out there?
  • Or the nuclears one? Or the kinetic energy, one. That assumes instant acceleration when close to "c" (which would require infinite energy. Even at 0.4 c lol. And after that you cry about a possible "Star level" radiation that won't even matter since it's "Fiction"
The Stefan Boltzmann Law will just not apply at all for the same reasons (and many others) as why Earth's GBE was not overpowered by all the energy generated by CSRC. That's the simplest reasoning.

And if you refuse it, get ready to refuse dozens to possibly hundred of calculation with planet level (to far above) surface level destruction that got accepted AND made by calc groud member, such has Therefir. :)

Arc, I can play the game of the stupid all the ways I want too, look
A) Don't imply I'm playing stupid

You want to apply a sub-reality rules to my calculation because I'm using "heat". But then why aren't you doing the same for all the explosion calculation and other high-heat calc/low-temperature calc' out there?
B) Right now it isn't my job to actively police every calc, I just so happen to be shown this one

And if you refuse it, get ready to refuse dozens to possibly hundred of calculation with planet level (to far above) surface level destruction that got accepted AND made by calc groud member, such has Therefir.
C) None of those surface destruction feats involve heating the entire planet to 784 million degrees

However, I currently don't have anything else to add to the conversation that hasn't been said by Nerd or staff members. So, I'll leave it at that.

C) None of those surface destruction feats involve heating the entire planet to 784 million degrees
artworks-000247970570-4waloz-t500x500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back