• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Zoro's Asura CRT

Eminiteable

He/Him
Recent episode of the Anime elaborated on a few things that happened in the manga with Zoro's Asura.

Asura's AP Rating:
We already saw in the manga that hybrid kaidou and asura clashed a few times in a single panel, this was expanded on in the anime showcasing the whole exchange. The final attack was displayed as stronger than the regular clashes and was the attack strong enough to scar and badly wound kaidou.
even higher when unleashing Enma or with Kyutoryu (Fought and parried blows from Hybrid Form Kaidou even occasionally knocking back his strikes in recoil), far higher with Ashura Bakkei: Moja no Tawamure (With Ashura Bakkei: Moja no Tawamure, he scarred Hybrid Form Kaidou[10])

Asura's Speed Rating:
Regular Zoro scales around Big Mom & Base Kaidou level, Asura showed it could match Hybrid Kaidou thus warranting the higher rating, his final attack being so fast that Kaidou couldn't defend against it like he did in the prior clashes.
higher with Kyutoryu (Matched Hybrid Kaidou, with Kaidou being unable to defend against his Ashura Bakkei: Moja no Tawamure)

Asura's Durability Rating:
We saw in the panel multiple clash strikes but the anime also confirms it showing the two clash multiple times so Zoro's durability should show that.
higher with Busōshoku Haki or with Kyutoryu (Blocked attacks from Hybrid Kaidou[10])

Unrelated to Asura but Enma could also potentially get limited Regeneration Negation (Mid-Low) as it was able to permanently scar Kaidou twice. Once in Oden's hand and the other in Zoro's.

Last edited:
Unrelated to Asura but Enma could also potentially get Regeneration Negation (Mid-Low) as it was able to permanently scar Kaidou twice. Once in Oden's hand and the other in Zoro's.
Eh it’s limited, we know that he left a permanent scar, but the wound does close eventually, so like it healed and closed, but the scar is still there

I don't see how that's regeneration negation.

Being able to regenerate doesn't always mean that you will heal up without any visible scars.

All Zoro did was leave a deep enough injury that even after it healed, there would still be a visible scar. No negating of regeneration is involved.

Being able to regenerate doesn't always mean that you will heal up without any visible scars.
The scabbards stabbed into his body, cut large gashes on his face, etc- and he has no visible injury to show.
Even an inferior zoan like Queen can regen from getting three large cuts in his face in moments. Healing "with scars" is not regeneration, it's natural healing. If Enma forced a scar to remain while no other sword did then that qualifies as regen neg.

Though now that I'm looking at it- Enma works by drawing the user's haki. So it also could be that it isn't Enma itself with the regen neg but its nature of using too much haki (which we know has regen neg) is what scars Kaido.
I'll be neutral on the Enma bit. Agree with everything else

Last edited:
Eh it’s limited, we know that he left a permanent scar, but the wound does close eventually, so like it healed and closed, but the scar is still there
Basically it's like Ban's feat of healing from Hell-Blaze. Hell-Blaze negates regeneration but Ban can still regenerate from the attacks, he just can't heal properly.

Though now that I'm looking at it- Enma works by drawing the user's haki. So it also could be that it isn't Enma itself with the regen neg but its nature of using too much haki (which we know has regen neg) is what scars Kaido.
I'll be neutral on the Enma bit. Agree with everything else
Regular Haki cannot negate natural regen like Kaidou's so we can't assume it's due to buso. I also originally thought that it was due to Hao infusion but looking through the raid it seems like Kaidou had no trouble healing from Yamato's & Luffy's hao infused attacks the same way he regenerated against no hao infused attacks.

The only common point for the two scars is that Enma was used.

Regular Haki cannot negate natural regen like Kaidou's so we can't assume it's due to buso.
True. Zoans are genetically modified through and through, so their regen is natural.
If Enma draws COC from the user, and that's what Zoro used when scarring Kaido, then maybe it's conqueror's itself that negs natural regen?

If Enma draws COC from the user, and that's what Zoro used when scarring Kaido, then maybe it's conqueror's itself that negs natural regen?
Nah, Enma doesn't draw Hao only Buso. The anime even seems to indicate that the small amounts of hao used in the attack weren't due to Enma but Zoro naturally as small golden sparks appear on Wado not Enma. Oden himself also doesn't have Hao infusion either.

I wanted to assume it was hao infusion that negged his regen but Kaidou post-chapter 1014 had no trouble healing the wounds received from hao luffy and the blood Yamato drew with her thunder bagua also healed quickly.

I wanted to assume it was hao infusion that negged his regen but Kaidou post-chapter 1014 had no trouble healing the wounds received from hao luffy and the blood Yamato drew with her thunder bagua also healed quickly.
Not a whole lot to show healing from, no? All of Luffy's attacks where blunt force that left bruises/bloody spots and Yamato's TB had blood running from above his hairline, so it wouldn't exactly be a visible wound. A slash is far more obvious. Both Zoro and Oden share the feat of perma-scarring him, Oden with two blades instead of just Enma, and the only thing they had in common (outside of enma) was CoC

All of Luffy's attacks where blunt force that left bruises/bloody spots
And he was shown bruised and bleeding after their encounter but quickly healed it all in a short timeframe.
Yamato's TB had blood running from above his hairline, so it wouldn't exactly be a visible wound.
I don't think it was from her hairline, TV is typically a strike that hits the forehead as shown by Kaidou's own TB.
and the only thing they had in common (outside of enma) was CoC
He doesn't have hao Infusion.

He doesn't have hao Infusion.
Oh yeah, that's not a thing anymore. I forgor
In that case I'm honestly not sure whether it's Enma or just the ridiculous amounts of buso used by it that works on even natural regen. I'll stay neutral on that for now

I'd suggest waiting for the Regeneration Negation since my Kaidou CRT which will give Kaidou Mid regeneration.

Seems the new Asura scaling is fine and has been agreed with while most are remaining neutral or disagreeing with Enma's regen negation. For now I'll just apply the Asura changes and possibly in the future create a more dedicated and detailed thread for the Enma stuff.

Seems the new Asura scaling is fine and has been agreed with while most are remaining neutral or disagreeing with Enma's regen negation. For now I'll just apply the Asura changes and possibly in the future create a more dedicated and detailed thread for the Enma stuff.
Fair.

Sorry but should we still mention Asura for post mink medicine Zoro?

It should scale above what he did on the roof since he was badly injured when using Asura against Kaido, not to mention it is arguably still one of if not his strongest ability.

Back