• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Yamato Scaling CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, his durability scales to his physical AP, which scales to hurting Dragon Kaido with a bite.
His body needs to be able to endure the force of Bolo Breath. He wasn't harmed while shooting it out, so he scales.

I don't see him being damaged.
Do you not see him being in pain?

And either way, her blocking an attack meant to kill him, asides from her just downscaling from Hybrid Kaido for Mitch's reasons, means she scales to his physical durability which scales to his physical AP which scales to him biting and hurting Kaido.

Ok, so Yamato actually has a lot of feats that need to be addressed, so let's go overa all of them to get a better degree of Yamato's scaling

First let's go over all of the feats she has that involve the Tobi Roppo and Numbers. She uses Hao Infusion (I'm pretty sure, the lightning looks like it) to instantly one-shot and KO Zoan Ulti, someone Luffy felt he needed Gear 4th to break out of. Her Base Physicals very casually clashes with Gear 2nd+Gear 3rd Luffy, with this very clearly not being her full power as she isn't trying to hurt Luffy or fight him at all at this point, but she is still easily handling him. She also very casually clashes with and parries Base Ulti's attacks, so casually that she isn't even fully paying attention to her in their short clash. She uses Hao Infusion to one-shot a Number fairly easily. She very easily knocks away X Drake when he's in her way, he puts his weapons to block her attack, but she easily swats him away.

What does this tell us? We can clearly see Base Yamato is low diffing Tobi Roppo level characters and not taking them seriously or struggling with them at all, so it is clear that she is above the Tobi Roppo. So now let's talk about her feats with Kaidou.

It is heavily implied she clashes Hao Infusion with Kaidou. With her Hyrid Form and Hao Infusion, she can parry and go back and forth with a Hybrid Kaidou, although is overal inferior. Her Ice Breath clashes evenly with Hybrid Kaidou's Boro Breath. She and Kaidou do in fact clash their Hao Infusion and then hit each other respectively, causing Kaidou's forehead to bleed (She of course says that she didn't come close to blocking Kaidou's attack, but that says nothing about Kaidou's Attack Potency being vastly superior to her Attack Potency. It means her defense wasn't good enough to block the attack while Kaidou's was. All this means is that Kaidou's Attack Potency can deal hefty damage to her). She then drops Kaidou's to the ground and then parries more of his attacks. She smacks Kaidou in the face and leaves a bruise. She in Base blocks an attack from Hybrid Kaidou's physicals. Alongside Luffy, she smacks away Base Kaidou.

So what do we get from this? We see that Yamato's physicals in both Base and Hybrid are capable of consistently parrying and blocking Hybrid Kaidou's attacks, while yes, overtime she is suffering more than he is, that doesn't deny that her physicals are still relative to Hybrid Kaidou's and are capable of fighting against him for a long period of time. Nothing here makes this an outlier at all. Her feats against the Tobi Roppo clearly show she is casually above them and nothing indicates she can't handle Kaidou for a notable period of time. Her ice powers are also able to match Kaidou's fruit powers and hurt him, knocking him to ground. Her Hao Infusion is notably implied to have clashed with and been relative to Kaidou's Hao Infusion, while yes, overall weaker than Kaidou, it's still consistent that she is capable of fighting him for an extended period of time, something no one except Luffy was able to do during the Raid. Point is, she still scales to Kaidou and while overall weaker, she definitely is relative to him.

We also get a good idea of where she scales compared to King and Queen, as Greenbull zero diffs both Queen and King, and tells them flat out that an Admiral could not be an Admiral if he were struggle with people on their level. Then this very same Greenbull gets his head slammed into the ground by Base Yamato's Hao Infusion and mentions how that's some tough Haki.

Point of the matter is this, Yamato does scale relative to Kaidou and none of her casual feats against the Tobi Roppo negate this, in fact her feat against Greenbull also supports this. While yes, she is overall inferior to Kaidou. Being able to fight and continuously parry his blows and hurt him on several instances singlehandedly in a 1v1 alone should make her relative to him. Of course if she 1v1'd Kaidou for a long period of time, she would be showing more signs of injuries and being tired than Kaidou was. Kaidou is literally the endurance guy, being able to fight continously for a very long time. Point is however, Yamato also takes many attacks from Kaidou throughout this battle, even getting repeatedly beat by his Hao Infusion, and she just gets back up and keeps going and by the end of the Raid is completely fine pretty much. She obviously scales to Kaidou and nothing said here negates that either.

"Should be comparable to or stronger than Base Kaidou due to their Zoan Forms matching each other, with Kaidou having had his Devil Fruit for longer than Yamato, meaning his Zoan Forms should provide a superior amplification of power than Yamato's Devil Fruit"

^This needs to go tho as this is really random and completely baseless

So here's how I would rate her

Attack Potency:

Multi-Continent level
(Easily blocked attacks from both Base Ulti and Beginning of Raid Gear 2nd+Gear 3rd Luffy. Easily knocked away X Drake. Blocked an attack from Hybrid Form Kaidou), higher in Zoan Forms (Fought and parried blows from Hybrid For Kaidou for an extended period of time, but is overall weaker than him. Knocked Hybrid Kaidou into the ground and hurt him with their attacks. Their Namuji Hyoga clashed evenly with Hybrid Form Kaidou's Bolo Breath), far higher with Haoshoku Infusion (Implied to have clashed with Kaidou's Hao Infusion. Their Raimei Hakke somewhat clashed with Hybrid Kaidou's Raimei Hakke and drew blood from him as well. Hurt Greenbull and knocked him to the ground, causing him to state that their Haki was tough)

Durability:

Multi-Continent level
(Comparable to their Attack Power), higher in Zoan Forms (Took many attacks from Hybrid Form Kaidou's Hao Infusion and continued to fight for an extended period of time afterwards), even higher with Kagamiyama (Can cover themselves with the same ice that they use to attack)

Speed is fine in the OP. Anyways that's enough VSBW for one night, I have better things to do tonight
I agree with this.

Do you not see him being in pain?
No.
And either way, her blocking an attack meant to kill him, asides from her just downscaling from Hybrid Kaido for Mitch's reasons, means she scales to his physical durability which scales to his physical AP which scales to him biting and hurting Kaido.
She would already scale to around "slightly harming Dragon Kaidou" level via scaling to Drake I'm pretty sure

Anyways, we currently have

KingTempest (Staff) who agreed
Mitch (Staff) who seems neutral, but seemingly agrees to making Yamato backscale, and just has different justification ideas than I do, which we can discuss
Damage (Staff) who is currently on a vacation and will look over the thread in a couple of days.

Asides from my listed issues above, the rest of the OP is fine to me since the evidence does indicate that Hybrid Yamato is clearly inferior to Hybrid Kaido.

Base Yamato: A-5
Zoan Yamato: A-5
I disagree with Zoan Yamato being A-5.

She is indeed clearly inferior to Hybrid Kaido, no denying that, but she was still holding her own to a notable extent, and she did stuff like dislocating his jaw and drawing blood from him, not to mention this was a Hybrid Kaido who was 100% serious.

It's also noteworthy that the moment she and Kaido were about to throw down, Kaido immediately went Hybrid, even though he is rather reserved about using his Hybrid form.

As I said above, she dislocated Kaido's jaw.

Yamato was getting knocked around by Kaidou using 1 hand while they were using both.
She's inferior, doesn't mean she didn't hold her own to a notable degree.

Her Hybrid was also implied to be stronger than Dragon Momo, like the entire reason for her staying in Wano despite knowing how strong Dragon Momo is.

As I said above, she dislocated Kaido's jaw.
No they didn't.
She's inferior, doesn't mean she didn't hold her own to a notable degree.
Yes, so Yamato backscales to A-5. I don't see the issue.
Her Hybrid was also implied to be stronger than Dragon Momo, like the entire reason for her staying in Wano despite knowing how strong Dragon Momo is.
Yamato has Hao Infusion. Not sure why you're trying to say it only applies to Base or Zoan forms Yamato when it would apply to their strongest, which is with Hao Infusion.

No they didn't.
Yes they did.
Yes, so Yamato backscales to A-5. I don't see the issue.
She did a better job than the rooftop supernova did, and staggered him as much as Rooftop G4's normal blows did, and rooftop G4 scales to A-6.

While I don't hate the idea of her backscaling, since you're right that she was inferior, whether she goes to A-5 or not is probably better left for whenever the value scaling for the top-tiers is brought up by KT.
Yamato has Hao Infusion. Not sure why you're trying to say it only applies to Base or Zoan forms Yamato when it would apply to their strongest, which is with Hao Infusion.
Ok, that's fair.

AP aside, Hybrid Yamato needs to retain her A-6 durability.

Asides from the scene where she took 5 enraged + Hao + Hybrid blows from Kaido with only moderate injury, she was taking blows the entire fight from Kaido.

And I disagree with the OP's proposal for saying she fought a "casual" Hybrid Kaido.

1. If he was casual, he wouldn't have used his Hybrid form in the first place.

2. He was clearly trying to kill her the entire fight. Yamato even said he was holding nothing back.

I disagree with the proposal that Base Yamato blocking a blow is an outlier at all. Hybrid Yamato can also block blows from Hybrid Kaidou, and while she does get overwhelmed in some instances, that doesn't make the fact she blocked a blow from Hybrid Kaidou an outlier. He also wasn't casual. He blatanly says he wouldn't hold back.

What value do you mean Yamato should backscale to? Cause I don't agree that she's a different AP value than Kaidou, she should very much scale to the same AP value as him, just noting she's overall inferior, but still relative. Nothing indicates that her Base Form is below Base Kaidou level fighters.

A-5. Right now it's still High 6-A, but since High 6-A is being removed, we just need to make not that she downscales from Hybrid Kaidou.
Even if her AP ends up downscaling to A-5 (which I still disagree with), her durability is still A-6.

no you dont bro

AP aside, Hybrid Yamato needs to retain her A-6 durability.

Asides from the scene where she took 5 enraged + Hao + Hybrid blows from Kaido with only moderate injury, she was taking blows the entire fight from Kaido.

And I disagree with the OP's proposal for saying she fought a "casual" Hybrid Kaido.

1. If he was casual, he wouldn't have used his Hybrid form in the first place.

2. He was clearly trying to kill her the entire fight. Yamato even said he was holding nothing back.
Technically that's endurance but seeing as she was almost fine sometime after it I'll let you cook.

Technically that's endurance but seeing as she was almost fine sometime after it I'll let you cook.

I'm not even cooking, Yamato took those Hao + Hybrid blows fine when just one of them one-shot Post-Udon Luffy, who took hits from normal Hybrid Kaido and Big Mom.

Hybrid Yamato's durability = Hao Hybrid Kaido >> Post-Udon Luffy's durability = Big Mom and normal Hybrid Kaido

And if Kachon is right that, at the end of 1016, Yamato didn't use Hao to clash with Hybrid Kaido, that just adds a 2nd feat of Base Yamato briefly clashing with Hybrid Kaido.

Btw imo only Hybrid Yamato with Hao scales relative to Hybrid Kaido but still downscales

Base Yamato is clearly inferior
Her Zoan form is her Wolf Form? Does it have any feats or nah

ily yamato but i agree but notes

yamato doing less damage is simply kaido being more durable

add to yamato's base that he scared off apoo with him saying that its useless to fight as long as yamato is against kaido (implying base yamato > apoo and drake in 1v2)

i dont think yamato blocking kaido is an outlier, post udon base luffy did it (but cried his ass off) and yamato took it much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back