• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece has probably the highest amount of outliers of the three, so i don't think the title of most consistent is actually valid

Even if that Golden Rifle calc was acceptable, which I don't think it should be for the speed issue, it wouldn't scale to his ordinary statistics. It depends on him having the mass of the of the golden ball on the end of his arm to achieve that level of AP.

It depends on him having the mass of the of the golden ball on the end of his arm to achieve that level of AP.
What you're saying doesn't make sense at all, how exactly the golden ball itself would make Luffy physically stronger?

That like saying that feats like Tao Pai Pai's throw a pillar, Obelix's throw a spear or Spider-Man's lifting the Daily Bugle shouldn't scale to their physical strength.

Because the only reason the calc result is so high is because the mass of the Golden Ball is significantly higher than Luffy's fist.

If you were calcing the AP of just Luffy's fist, then Luffy would need to swing his arm about 640 times faster than the speed of light in order to be equally as strong as the Golden Rifle calc.

It seems very weird to me to try and scale Luffy's destructive force when he is swinging around the Golden Ball to be equal to just him swinging around his fist. It's like the difference between just punching someone and hitting them with a sledgehammer. Both of these require your muscles to work, but the impact from the sledgehammer is going to be a lot harder than your punch.

@Damage3245 The sledgehammer is made in a way so that all the force of the user is focus in one point, which is why it can generate more damage, the golden ball is made to just slow down Luffy and nothing else, the comparation doesn't work.

And again, if Luffy is physically strong enough to move the golden ball at such speed, then its logical to assume that his physical strikes should be able to dish out the same AP even without the golden ball.

And beside that, Enel did survived the attack without suffer fatal injuries (even if he was oneshotted), meaning Enel's Max Durability <= Golden Rifle, which cannot happen if Enel is only 7-C.

The same can be apply with Luffy, since if he had only 7-C durability then moving the golden ball that fast would have tear his arm a part, regardless of his Resistance to Blunt Force (not when we're talking about a 1000x gap).

Unless you want to argue that this is yet another outlier for the series.

Last edited:
Sure. I'm fine labelling it as another outlier.

But I prefer my first explanation which is that this is basically manga physics at work. The Golden Ball hits harder because it's a heavy weight at the end of Luffy's fist. Make a separate key or AP qualifier for Luffy with the Golden Ball, but this should not scale to Luffy's statistics.

Why didn't Luffy's regular strikes one-shot Enel like the Golden Rifle did?

For now, this is all the calcs we have that are accepted.

1. Chew's Water Splash: 8-B (0.517 tons)
  2. Buchi's Flying Drop Kick: High 8-C+ (8.52 Tons)
  3. The Buggy Bomb: 8-B (13.553 Tons).
  4. Mr. 4's/Lasso's Cannonballs: 8-A (157.517 tons)
  5. Reject Dial: 8-A (179.776 Tons).
  6. Crocodile's Desert Spada: 8-A (446.845 Tons).
  7. Gomu Gomu no Storm: 8-A+ (649.24 Tons).
  8. Wyper's Burn Bazooka: Low 7-C (1.97 Kilotons).
  9. Enel's El Thor: to 7-C (35.411 Kilotons).
  10. Golden Peony: High 7-C (143.104 Kilotons)
  11. Asgard Moria Smash: Low 7-B (1.27395 Megatons).
  12. Knock Up Stream: 7-B (12.090 Megatons).
  13. Aokiji's Ice Age: 7-A (419.7 Megatons).
Calcs that need to be evaluated?

Ugarik said the math is fine but it can't be used since it didn't harm anyone, but I responded that Hiriluk was killed from it. I'm waiting for a response or more input, but I'm assuming this calc is good.

This would scale to the Admirals and Whitebeard's Commanders. Casual Ace feat.

There is a statement from Sasaki "I'm the most powerful type of animal that ever existed" but honestly it should be enough to scale the flying six comparably to each other based off their rank since Kaido's crew structure is based on a strength hierarchy.

Since my Mr. 4 calc is Multi City, that would put Miss valentine to small town or town iirc. Is that okay w/ everyone? Or any objections.
Why is that again?

If it is to do with that logic of a certain amount of kilograms = a certain amount of AP, and multiplying it - I don't agree with that method.

There is a statement from Sasaki "I'm the most powerful type of animal that ever existed" but honestly it should be enough to scale the flying six comparably to each other based off their rank since Kaido's crew structure is based on a strength hierarchy.
Couldn't that just mean "I'm a dinosaur"? And presumably dinosaurs would be the most powerful type of animal in his view. But that doesn't mean all users of dinosaur devil fruits have to be comparable to each other.

For now, this is all the calcs we have that are accepted.

1. Chew's Water Splash: 8-B (0.517 tons)
  2. Buchi's Flying Drop Kick: High 8-C+ (8.52 Tons)
  3. The Buggy Bomb: 8-B (13.553 Tons).
  4. Mr. 4's/Lasso's Cannonballs: 8-A (157.517 tons)
  5. Reject Dial: 8-A (179.776 Tons).
  6. Crocodile's Desert Spada: 8-A (446.845 Tons).
  7. Gomu Gomu no Storm: 8-A+ (649.24 Tons).
  8. Wyper's Burn Bazooka: Low 7-C (1.97 Kilotons).
  9. Enel's El Thor: to 7-C (35.411 Kilotons).
  10. Golden Peony: High 7-C (143.104 Kilotons)
  11. Asgard Moria Smash: Low 7-B (1.27395 Megatons).
  12. Knock Up Stream: 7-B (12.090 Megatons).
  13. Aokiji's Ice Age: 7-A (419.7 Megatons).
Calcs that need to be evaluated?

Ugarik said the math is fine but it can't be used since it didn't harm anyone, but I responded that Hiriluk was killed from it. I'm waiting for a response or more input, but I'm assuming this calc is good.

This would scale to the Admirals and Whitebeard's Commanders. Casual Ace feat.
Aren't the other Low 7-C feats accepted as well?

I’m new here so this might sound dumb but why does Akainu not scale to Whitebeard? To my knowledge he’s the only person to clash with Wb+Gura Gura no mi.

Why is that again?

If it is to do with that logic of a certain amount of kilograms = a certain amount of AP, and multiplying it - I don't agree with that method.
Isn't Miss Valentine using 100kg to hurt Usopp something that can be calced by itself?
It just seems wonky scaling to me to say that 100 kilograms of weight just resting on someone equals 8-B levels of Attack Potency, or something like.
With that logic, Machvise would be tier 8.

I'm not really concerned with Machvise's rating at the moment. We can take another look at how he scales when we go back to Post-Timeskip scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back