• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The energy released come from Luffy, it doesn't come from the giant gold ball.

Like if i throw a basket ball and destroy a skyscraper, are you going to argue that the power behind come from the basket ball?
But a lot of the punching power came from the giant ball.

I mean, kinetic energy is mass * .5 * velocity^2, and that giant gold ball added a LOT of mass that Luffy didn't have otherwise pre-timeskip.

I mean, it's similar to how Gear 3rd works TBH

I mean, kinetic energy is mass * .5 * velocity^2, and that giant gold ball added a LOT of mass that Luffy didn't have otherwise pre-timeskip.
If Luffy cannot match the force necessary to generate that much energy, he cannot employ enough velocity to the Golden Ball to utilize it's mass. Velocity is the greater factor here. His force without the mass is comparable. It has to be.

And how was the ball moving? If the ball is moving via Luffy's own strength, it scales to him normally. You can't increase the weight of something you hold to increase your power output unless gravity is involved. If you throw a bowling ball upward at something, the energy it has going up will the same as if you threw a lighter object up as well.

The lighter object will go up farther. But all of that energy comes from the individual itself. If Luffy was taking advantage of gravity, yes this wouldn't scale to him normally. But if he was going up or horizontally/forward. Than he should scale to the feat in general. Because he creates the energy to move it and not gravity.

I don't know about the feat in question. But the question is. Did Luffy use gravity to assist him, or was it all himself? If it was all himself than that scales to him since he is the one generating that energy. If it was gravity than we cannot scale, since he was taking advantage of the energy generated by falling.

I don't know much about One-Piece, but just wanted to share my thoughts on that.

If Luffy cannot match the force necessary to generate that much energy, he cannot employ enough velocity to the Golden Ball to utilize it's mass. Velocity is the greater factor here. His force without the mass is comparable. It has to be.
And how was the ball moving? If the ball is moving via Luffy's own strength, it scales to him normally. You can't increase the weight of something you hold to increase your power output unless gravity is involved. If you throw a bowling ball upward at something, the energy it has going up will the same as if you threw a lighter object up as well.

The lighter object will go up farther. But all of that energy comes from the individual itself. If Luffy was taking advantage of gravity, yes this wouldn't scale to him normally. But if he was going up or horizontally/forward. Than he should scale to the feat in general. Because he creates the energy to move it and not gravity.

I don't know about the feat in question. But the question is. Did Luffy use gravity to assist him, or was it all himself? If it was all himself than that scales to him since he is the one generating that energy. If it was gravity than we cannot scale, since he was taking advantage of the energy generated by falling.

I don't know much about One-Piece, but just wanted to share my thoughts on that.
Ok, those are some fair points.

I drop my issue, although we should wait for further input to see if the mods find it ok.

The Golden Ball was quite literally stuck to this man's wrist. He did a punch forward.

Context
0298-009.png
0298-010.png
0298-011.png
0298-013.png

He threw the ball hard enough to break the ball, the entire force of the moving ball was caused directly by him

One shot territory is not 7.5x. One shot territory in Versus Threads is 7.5x. That isn't correlated into powerscaling.
This was a shower thought I had earlier. Assuming 7.5x is a one-shot thing in every verse is definitely ffar fetched considering dudes in DBZ can't one shot each other with x50/100 multipliers. Other verses are like this as well.

He threw the ball hard enough to break the ball, the entire force of the moving ball was caused directly by him
Adding to that, he was also going UPWARDS, meaning Gravity was a non-factor in aiding Luffy to swing easier or just carry it forward enough and let gravity do the rest. The entire feat was Luffy's strength through and through.

For further explanation.

This is the Luffy who one shot Enel.

As it stands I've been working on Skypiea scaling, and Luffy's reactive power level / accelerated development heavily is impacted towards the end of the arc.

End of Skypiea Luffy one shot Enel who did this to Wyper's skate, same skate that blocked hits from an earlier Luffy.

This scales probably to the likes of Foxy and the W7-EL and above people, but definitely not to anybody that resides in Skypiea like Wyper, Priests, Zoro, etc.

For further explanation.

This is the Luffy who one shot Enel.

As it stands I've been working on Skypiea scaling, and Luffy's reactive power level / accelerated development heavily is impacted towards the end of the arc.

End of Skypiea Luffy one shot Enel who did this to Wyper's skate, same skate that blocked hits from an earlier Luffy.

This scales probably to the likes of Foxy and the W7-EL and above people, but definitely not to anybody that resides in Skypiea like Wyper, Priests, Zoro, etc.
Are there other examples for such a massive evolution?

I am late to this, but I only want to say that I kinda Agree with everything except scaling CP9 to Golden Rifle

In my opinion, that attack should be his own thing, like Nightmare Luffy, no one should scale to either of those things

Edit: And the Sabaody keys sounds iffy for me, but that is my opinion

If the golden rifle is being argued to be luffy's AP, then does that mean we can get a result for the raigo cloud split since I've seen that feat get to absolutely insane results like multi-continental?

In my opinion, that attack should be his own thing, like Nightmare Luffy, no one should scale to either of those things
What???? Literally why do you think both things are comparable scenarios in any shape, way or form? Nightmare Luffy is literally Luffy using 100 people's strength on top of his own.
Golden Rifle is him, generating X force, and translating that into Kinetic Energy

Edit: And the Sabaody keys sounds iffy for me, but that is my opinion
Sorry but I request that everyone who keeps filling up the thread with "I don't think we should use the Golden Rifle calc" should go away unless I see genuine reasons.

I am not talking about whether Luffy evolves or not, that I know. What I am asking is if there is such a massive evolution during a battle, which lasts few minutes

I am not talking about whether Luffy evolves or not, that I know. What I am asking is if there is such a massive evolution during a battle, which lasts few minutes
Doesn’t last a few minutes, it’s just his regular overall growth, and the link I sent shows the growth, especially the Kuro section

Okay, can't get into the big stuff tonight but I can clarify that what I'm fine with so far is:

For this one:

Wyper bust through a tree: 1.98 Megatons (Low 7-B)

I don't think we need to use the scaled average tree width of 140+ meters, since Luffy is actually quite close to the tree in the same panel and could be used for more direct scaling.

I'm going to need to take a closer look at the Chessmarimo stuff and some of the other scaling proposals in the OP, and will comment on them tomorrow in greater detail.

While this isn't pre timeskip, Luffy goes from getting one shot and blitzed by Kaido to unlocking CoC infusion and going toe to toe with him in less than 5 minutes (according to the time it was taking for Onigashima to reach Wano capital)
Of the top of my head for pre-TS
Pre timeskip Luffy also took poison that downed him quickly and shrugged off a greater dose during his fight with Crocodile to the point where he wasn't reacting to it at all. Another evolution in a extremely short amount of time.
Those are the first two ones that came to mind when talking about Luffy PHYSICALLY evolving in an absurdly short amount of time.
I'm sure there are other examples but ome likely relate to post-TS, which this thread has nothing to do with.

While this isn't pre timeskip, Luffy goes from getting one shot and blitzed by Kaido to unlocking CoC infusion and going toe to toe with him in less than 5 minutes (according to the time it was taking for Onigashima to reach Wano capital)
Of the top of my head for pre-TS
Pre timeskip Luffy also took poison that downed him quickly and shrugged off a greater dose during his fight with Crocodile to the point where he wasn't reacting to it at all. Another evolution in a extremely short amount of time.
Those are the first two ones that came to mind when talking about Luffy PHYSICALLY evolving in an absurdly short amount of time.
I'm sure there are other examples but ome likely relate to post-TS, which this thread has nothing to do with.
There is also Water 7/Enies lobby... Where Luffy couldn't react to blueno's soru or match him where in enies lobby could react to him and overpower him in base plus the statement from zoro as well
0383-012.png
0383-013.png
0383-014.png
0383-015.png
0385-008.png

There is also Water 7/Enies lobby... Where Luffy couldn't react to blueno's soru or match him where in enies lobby could react to him and overpower him in base plus the statement from zoro as well
0383-012.png
0383-013.png
0383-014.png
0383-015.png
0385-008.png
He said "in minutes". Between W7 and Enies lobby was a bit, no?
Either way- yeah. Another time he went from not keeping up at all to just dominating his opponent on the next encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back