• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Post-Timeskip Update #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, that was a little white lie. KT and I are still quite busy. I've edited a few more profiles but there's still some remaining to be updated. I have been working on gathering what's necessary for th God Tier changes though.

So no promises this time on timeframes, but it is coming and we'll have all these changes done before we need to start worrying about the Wano revisions.
No worries dawg, I just wanted to bump it since I don’t want it to die, but it’s good to know you guys are working on it

Alright fair enough.

And what about "Pre-Training/Siege of Onigashima" Zoro's scaling to Hawkins?
Sorry to keep bringing this up but I felt it was needed since Killer had been edited to the new revisions and Zoro's rating effects him.

Zoro scales to Hawkins, it even says on his profile that he scales higher than the 7-A+ rating with his fruit due to fighting Zoro, Killer fought that version of Zoro yet just like Zoro he scales to regular 7-A instead of +.

Sorry to keep bringing this up but I felt it was needed since Killer had been edited to the new revisions and Zoro's rating effects him.

Zoro scales to Hawkins, it even says on his profile that he scales higher than the 7-A+ rating with his fruit due to fighting Zoro, Killer fought that version of Zoro yet just like Zoro he scales to regular 7-A instead of +.
Zoro's is the last profile I have to update now I believe. Left him for last due to this.

I'm assuming you think Zoro's first key and Killer should both be updated to 7-A+?

I'll try to respond tomorrow since it's quite late for me now, but I think we should add a 3rd key to Zoro's profile, for him on Wano prior to him getting Enma.

I'm assuming you think Zoro's first key and Killer should both be updated to 7-A+?

I'll try to respond tomorrow since it's quite late for me now, but I think we should add a 3rd key to Zoro's profile, for him on Wano prior to him getting Enma.
Yeah both should be at 7-A+, especially Killer regardless of if Zoro gets a third key or not.

My only issue with a third key would be is it necessary; there isn't anything stating he got stronger/would become stronger like with the Onigashima/Enma key nor has he gained any new attributes that his prior key didn't possess, and as for scaling no one scales to Zoro in his first key and he scales only marginally above opponent's he one-shot.

Last edited:
Pica clashed with Zoro in his first key. He would scale
Clashing isn't 100% indicative that Pica should scale to Zoro's rating, for these reasons:
  • Zoro initially clashed with Hyouzou a couple of times at the start of their fight however it's made clear near the end that Zoro wasn't taking him seriously and was capable of one-shotting him.
    TDr6QOw.png
    0U2Jzqv.png
  • Similar to the Pica clashes Zoro is shown smiling and blocking his attacks pretty casually, and even states that he's on an different level to Pica.
    auzBNfT.png
    tpHgEbk.png
    ifCXGqz.png
  • In comparison to these two cases it's pretty evident that Zoro struggled far more with Hawkins than he ever did with Pica or Hyouzou just in their initial clash, showing that Pica should not scale to Zoro's full power.
    AuJfRN2.png
    srZy98V.png
  • However Pica's scaling on his profile states "He was more of an opponent against Zoro than an amped Hyouzou" which is more reliable.

Similar to the Pica clashes Zoro is shown smiling and blocking his attacks pretty casually, and even states that he's on an different level to Pica.
auzBNfT.png
tpHgEbk.png
ifCXGqz.png
Idk about y’all but this is clearly not Zoro going all out … are we going to ignore the “I’m on an entirely different level than you”? That statement alone should show there’s an issue with saying pica clashed with Zoro evenly…

Look at the way Oda portrays Zoro in the same arc when he’s actually trying.

Idk about y’all but this is clearly not Zoro going all out … are we going to ignore the “I’m on an entirely different level than you”? That statement alone should show there’s an issue with saying pica clashed with Zoro evenly…

Look at the way Oda portrays Zoro in the same arc when he’s actually trying.

Of course it's obviously not Zoro going all out, but that's because he isn't using Haki or Santoryu

Like him saying he is on another level accounts for the fact he can also use Haki and Santoryu, but that doesn't negate the fact that Pica scales to Nitoryu Zoro. Like all your complaints about Zoro being cocky and not going all out are true, he's using basic Nitoryu when he has higher abilities, but Pica scales to Nitoryu Zoro.

No I don’t agree with that. Zoro isn’t hinting at the fact he has haki + Santoryu so he’s stronger with those techniques. he’s imo talking in general strength, as that makes more sense to me. Scaling a clash when one party is so greatly casual should not warrant full scaling and seems quite ridiculous to me.

The whole narrative of the Pica fight was that he kept on running away from Zoro through the stone. Zoro was clearly superior to pica in every aspect. Hence the running away part to say Pica is = to Nitoryu Zoro imo disregards the narrative and requires more mental gymnastics then saying Pica was more of a challenge than Amped Hyouzou.

Agree that Pica shouldn't scale to Zoro.

Zoro cutting his giant form to pieces already kinda set up how the fight was gonna go, the fact that the real fight didn't last much longer (and the fact that Pica only fought Zoro in normal size after he got cornered) is just the nail on the coffin.

Also, I know it isn't 100% connected to this thread, but after Wano ends, will Basil Hawkins, Apoo, and Drake get 6-B upgrades due to (IIRC) scaling to people like Kidd, Luffy, and Killer who definitely WILL be 6-B after Wano?

Also, I know it isn't 100% connected to this thread, but after Wano ends, will Basil Hawkins, Apoo, and Drake get 6-B upgrades due to (IIRC) scaling to people like Kidd, Luffy, and Killer who definitely WILL be 6-B after Wano?
Not so sure about Killer scaling to 6-B tbh. He only dealt harm in the rooftop fight by bypassing Kaido's durability.

But in general, there will be a lot of upgrades. Though that should be discussed elsewhere.

Not so sure about Killer scaling to 6-B tbh. He only dealt harm in the rooftop fight by bypassing Kaido's durability.

But in general, there will be a lot of upgrades. Though that should be discussed elsewhere.
Yeah and I do apologize, I just don't know where else to discuss it since there are like a dozen ongoing OP threads right now and it's kind of a mess.

I see, maybe the profile could deviate his two forms stats then in that case to avoid confusion.
Yeah.

In other news thanks to KT I have a sandbox with almost all of the God Tiers updated justifications. I just need to do a bit of double-checking for some characters, update the sandbox a bit, and then we'll be good to move on with that soon.

Wow, in addition to this, there's still the pre-timeskip speed CRT and one of the post-timeskip speed, wow '-'

Alright, my update as I promised is here. If we did go for a 3rd key for Post-Timeskip Zoro, I think it would look like this:

Tier: 7-A, far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura | 7-A, far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura | High 7-A, far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura

Attack Potency: Mountain level (One shot an amped Hyouzou, who is at least 4 times stronger than the one who could take a hit from Gear 2nd Luffy before he overdosed on Energy Steroids. Cut down Monet's snow wall, while a smaller one could take the majority of a Gatling Gun from Gear 2nd Luffy w/ Busoshoku), far higher with Busōshoku Haki (One-shot Pica who was using full body Armament Haki), even higher with Asura | Mountain level+ (Would have killed Basil Hawkins if not for his ability. Clashed with Denjiro but was inferior to him), far higher with Busōshoku Haki (One-shot Killer who had clashed evenly with him), even higher with Asura | Large Mountain level (Zoro was capable of slicing through Scratchmen Apoo's Tonfa which could take many blows from Hybrid X Drake and momentarily knocked him out), far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura

Striking Strength: Mountain Class, far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura | Mountain Class+, far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura | Large Mountain Class, far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura

Durability: Mountain level (Scaling from his Attack Potency) | Mountain level+ (Can block hits from those who can match his AP.), far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura | Large Mountain level (Scaling from his Attack Potency), far higher with Busōshoku Haki, even higher with Asura

Key: Fishman Island Arc to Zou Arc | Early Wano Country Arc | Post-Training/Siege of Onigashima

Correct me if I've overlooked something.

Killer would be updated to Mountain level+ as well.

If Zoro can be settled with this, I can post the God Tiers proposed changes.

Correct me if I've overlooked something.

Killer would be updated to Mountain level+ as well.
My only issue with a third key would be is it necessary; there isn't anything stating he got stronger/would become stronger like with the Onigashima/Enma key nor has he gained any new attributes that his prior key didn't possess, and as for scaling no one scales to Zoro in his first key and he scales only marginally above opponent's he one-shot.
Looks fine and I agree with justifications used and the update to Killer, my only issue stems with the need for splitting it into a new key like I brought up before.

calc is still country level, just a higher end. we consider that "the same" as regular country level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back