• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Damage3245 said:
I don't want to sound sarcastic but Alubarna is a city in the middle of the desert.
And i don't want to sound like an a**hole but i must ask, did you have trully read/watch the Alabasta Arc?

Crocodile's abilities do not get instantly more powerful by remaning inside or close to a desert, it doesn't work in this way.

His sandstorms because stronger by taking the sand in the desert, making them bigger over time.

KobsterHope07 said:
Add My Hero Academia to the list Damage gonna be visiting soon after One Piece.
I've already been doing revisions for that series for months.

Stefano, I still disagree on the applicability of his sandstorm to his ratings unless you want to add a likely higher to his AP.

One of the reasons this whole revision process was started was because Crocdile's sand storm was judged to be an outlier.

And come on. Do you seriously need to ask me if I've read the Alabasta Arc? Comments like that are not helpful to the discussion.

@Damage The At least Small City level rating in Robin's Dressrosa Saga Key isn't permanent, is it? Besides the Hakuba feat, she was also able to clash with a City Level character (Trebol), immobilize Gladius, and deflect the sword attack of another City Level (Diamante). So shouldn't she be City Level as well? Also, we still have yet to see Robin fighting all-out after the timeskip. Durability-wise, she wasn't hurt at all when Trebol threw a large ship into the Officer Tower while she was inside, and she was also fine after her back was pierced by Diamante's spike iron balls.

Diamante's spiked iron ball attack is about Wall level if we're being realistic.

Robin never had a proper fight with Trebol, and it doesn't take the full energy of an attack to deflect it especially since what she did was push aside a flag-like sword with some wind. I don't think that's City level.

Restraining Gladius would be Small City level too. So At least Small City level is the best she can get for now until she does something notable in Wano.

KobsterHope07 said:
Why not a 'At least Small City level, likely City level' rating for her the
Because she doesn't have any explicit City level feats herself; not on the level of harming City level characters.

Saying she has At least Small City level AP for restraining Hakuba and Gladius is already generous.

KobsterHope07 said:
Is the sandbox sorted out for the whole verse yet
It's about 99% done.

Some of the Straw Hats ratings need to be fully written out and there are some Unknowns there but that's because some characters don't have meaningful feats or scale directly to anyone.

But Damage, Robin does scale to Diamante. Even if it wasn't an actual City Level feat because both were casual at the time, Robin still deflected Diamante's sword strike, which was something that even Kyros couldn't do at times with brute strength. Her using wind to do so shouldn't disqualify the feat. Not only did she have no trouble keeping up with him (dodging his Half-Moon Glaive and intercepting his spiked metal balls attack with her Flower Umbrella with only seconds to construct it), she even outsped him when she first showed up to divert his sword attack.

Even if Death Enjambre is just Wall Level, it still did damage to Kyros and kept him down on the ground for minutes. He didn't just instantly stand back up.

And it's true that Robin vs. Trebol wasn't a proper fight, but she was still quick enough to intercept an attack from an angry Trebol trying to avenge Sugar's defeat.

Don't take this the wrong way but it's pretty clear that you're a huge fan of Robin.

I've got to look at it objectively.

She has yet to actually harm anyone with City level durability and one of her best combat feats as you've said is just deflecting Diamante's flag-like sword away. It's not enough to give her that rating IMO.

At least Small City level is the best she can have based on her limited showings.

Oh, I'm not offended that you called me a huge Robin fan at all lol.

Okay, I guess you do have a point that she hasn't actually harmed a City Level character yet. I apologize if I'm becoming annoying about this.

But could possibly or likely higher be added to the rating? The reason why is because as I already mentioned, Oda hasn't let Robin fight all-out at all since the timeskip.

Saying that she is At least '''Small City''' '''level''' already implies she can be higher than that. But I will mention that Robin hasn't had a serious fight since the Timeskip.

I can agree with that, Damage.

If it ever seems like to you or anyone else that I'm ever trying to argue for Robin to get a higher rating simply for the sake of it because I am a huge fan, then I'm seriously not. The only reason I even brought this up was because it just seemed to me that since she could casually deflect a casual attack from Diamante, outspeed him to divert aforementioned attack and keep up with his attacks while he's fighting Kyros, and withstood his attack that he seriously hyped up like it was the best move in his arsenal that also damaged Kyros, and also intercept attacks from a serious Trebol, I thought she was minimum already likely City Level. But At least Small City level is a very fair rating since she didn't do any harm to either Diamante or Trebol.

Moving on from that, Zoro can already be bumped up to Large Mountain Level since he defeated Basil Hawkins's Straw Man (whose strength Zoro implies is greater than Pica's, who he treated like joke through all of their fight). He also blitzed and would've likely killed Hawkins's with a slash to the head if he didn't have the ability to transfer damage to other people. Plus, there's also the little detail of him being superior to Sanji, who's also Large Mountain Level.

Shouldn't Base Cavendish's Durability rating be higher since he did stuff like block Old Chinjao's headbutt and deflect Doflamingo's Bullet Strings?

And wouldn't Post-Timeskip Tashigi be Small City Level since she defeated Monet (who's Small City Level)?

You're right about Tashigi, I had forgotten about her.

As for Cavendish and Chinjao; Chinjao was being really casual about it and though Cavendish did block an attack he also couldn't harm Chinjao at all.

I think I'll bump him up to At least Small City level in base, and add a likely higher for Hakuba.

Right before I noticed the indicator for your reply, I had changed the justification about Tashigi being Likely Small City due to Tashigi actually defeating Monet (even if she had help from Zoro). That should make her straight up Small City level instead, right?

Yeah, Post-Timeskip Tashigi should be Small City level.

I guess that a lot of characters are going to be downgraded again. If the Crocodile (One Piece) feat was an outlier, I am fine with it.

To help, here a list of characters that could be affected

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/S...ory:One+Piece&limit=200&wpSubmit=Find+matches

Thank you. Majority of the affected profiles should be updated tomorrow. Some are already updated.

Before that you need to know that we'll split Luffy, Zoro and Sanji's profiles according to the Timeskip.

I've edited Crocodile (One Piece), Daz Bones (Mr. 1) (which needs a fix in the title since his name is Bonez according to the new databook), Bon Clay (same, his name is Bentham) and I've fixed the sandbox according to Damage's accepted calc putting the DS at 8-A+-

We need to discuss whether we backscale Zala to 8-A or scale her to At least High 8-C+ with the rest of the Baroques.

Calaca, isn't 516.3 tons just Multi-City Block level, not Multi-City Block level+?

Ugarik said:
It's very close to + sig
Yeah, but the accepted result would still have to cross 550 in order to give them the +, doesn't it?

Actually I don't agree with the new crocodite calc. I don't think pulverization of rock can be used in this case.

It's just supportive since the one that he used in Alubarna is 8-A as well and we were going to use that before.

So, there are some important points for scaling regarding Post-Timeskip Luffy and Doflamingo.

• Luffy's Gear 2 immediately after the Timeskip is at least Small City level because he could one-shot a Pacifista with a Gear 2 Haki punch; a comparable feat to base Zoro and Sanji.
  • Luffy with Gear 2 appears evenly matched with old Chinjao.
  • Luffy's Gear 3 attacks are clearly more powerful but don't have any significant feats up to the end of the Dressrosa Arc.
  • Doflamingo's Birdcage's durability is Large Mountain level+ for partially withstanding Fujitora's meteors - they weren't completely blocked since the meteors were just cut up into large chunks and continued falling.
  • Dolamingo's strings have varying durability. I think this sort of goes without saying since we've had so many discussions on it. Certain techniques of his are not comparable to each other.
  • So, although Black Knight was able to give a good fight against a restrained base Luffy and Gear 2 Luffy could defeat it with a gatling attack, this doesn't not mean that Gear 2 Luffy destroyed strings comparable to the Birdcage itself.
  • Luffy's transformation into Gear 4 broke the Parasite strings Doflamingo was using to control him. These strings aren't directly comparable to the Birdcage either, but using scaling base on Jozu's lifting strength it can be presumed it is still an impressive feat to break them.
  • Luffy's Gear 4 headbutt seemingly broke through a defensive wall of Awakened strings that Doffy was using to defend himself; we didn't actually see any individualy strings be snapped there and due to their nature as large collections of strings, he simply could have forced them disperse from the impact of his attack - but there is nothing suggesting that Doffy's Awakened Strings are his most durable either.
There is also the matter that Birdcage is clearly stronger than Doflamingo is himself normally; it took the combined efforts of half the Straw Hat crew, all of the colosseum fighters, several Marines, all of the dwarves (infamous for their strength), a Marine Admiral, and several more people just to slow the Birdcage down; their combined efforts weren't enough to damage it.

It is clearly a special move that Doflamingo's ordinary attacks and durability do not scale to.

I will note that I think by the Whole Cake Island arc Luffy's Gear 4 is At least Large Mountain level, and higher with his finishing moves (King Kong Gun, King Cobra, etc.) but we shouldn't just backwards scale from that.

EDIT: I also think that there might be an error with the current calc for the Birdcage's durability, so I'll need to verify that to make sure I'm not mistaken.

Damage3245 said:
There is also the matter that Birdcage is clearly stronger than Doflamingo is himself normally; it took the combined efforts of half the Straw Hat crew, all of the colosseum fighters, several Marines, all of the dwarves (infamous for their strength), a Marine Admiral, and several more people just to slow the Birdcage down; their combined efforts weren't enough to damage it.

It is clearly a special move that Doflamingo's ordinary attacks and durability do not scale to.
That assuming Fujitora was trully use his full strength at that time, which is still up to debate to me.

And while the Birdcage is not an ordinary technique, there isn't much evidence to suggest that it is his strongest technique or that there are no comparable techniques, especially if Doflamingo's trump card was his Awakening.

I still think Doffy Awakening's strings should still scale to his Birdcage (at least in term of Durability).

Doflamingo's awakening is basically a ton of strings together, which increases it's attack/durability. Judging by what Doflamingo has shown, the more strings he uses, the stronger/durable the attack.

And the birdcage uses a LOT more strings than Doflamingo's attacks, and given other valid points brought up by Damage, it makes sense that it is a special move, and doesn't scale to his other attacks.

Birdcage using more strings isn't a valid point since those strings were way separated from each other.

And most characters weren't directly attacking the Birdcage but trying to stop it. It's more a Lifting Strength feat. If Fujitora or Zoro attacked with their moves the cage then I'd say that it can tank but stopping something seemingly unstoppable it's LS and not direct AP. G4's feat is more AP because he broke the strings rather than stopping them.

But the difference between two or three strings within one meter and a meter with hundreds to thousands strings is pretty clear.

I think that Luffy's only explicitly broke strings with his own attacks when he using the King-Kong Gun to break through Doflamingo's Spider Web defense + God Thread attack.

So based on this, even if do scale Doffy's Awakened strings to the Birdcage for durability, I think only Luffy's strongest attacks in the Dressrosa Saga are Large Mountain level+.

Damage3245 said:
So based on this, even if do scale Doffy's Awakened strings to the Birdcage for durability, I think only Luffy's strongest attacks in the Dressrosa Saga are Large Mountain level+.
I'm fine with that, it would be consistent with Zunisha's Trunk feat and support 6-C for Top Yonkou Commanders.

Back