• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The sheer force of his transformation broke the strings. In other instances they were splitted similar to a KE feat move things. But the fact that there's a way to break the strings means that Luffy scales.

The Birdcage tanking everything else isn't an anti feat anymore because we have only two impacts affecting it: Fuji's meteors and Machvise after Hajrudin's Gungnir.

Alright,

I think then that Luffy's first Post-Timeskip key should be:

At least Small City level in base and Gear 2 (One-shot a Pacifista, much stronger than before), likely Mountain level with Gear 3 (Could one-shot Chinjao and forced Doflamingo to dodge or block), Large Mountain level with Gear 4, higher with King Kong Gun (Broke Doflamingo's strings and destroyed a large area of Dressrosa).

The lack of any clear Gear 3 feats make it difficult but Mountain level is probably the highest we can reasonably put it at.

And being at least Small City level for Gear 2 leaves it open to be higher with certain attacks that don't require specific mentioning.

Man its been a while since I had time to visit this site. How high into Low-7B is Sai? Because I remember Luffy one shotting him in the coliseum.

Ercosore said:
Man its been a while since I had time to visit this site. How high into Low-7B is Sai? Because I remember Luffy one shotting him in the coliseum.
Sai gets his Low 7-B durability from withstanding a Gear 2 attack from Luffy.

He's a bit higher than that with his full power unlocked for one-shotting Lao G and damaging Chinjao's skull.

I see, that seems about right. And they get Low 7-B for Luffy one-shotting the pacifista, who are in the high end of High 7-C, correct? I was gone for a few months and I want to be sure I am up to date with the revisions.

Pice is going to be 7-B normally up to 7-A with his Stone Fruit. Considering that Zoro was cutting and slashing up his Stone Golem form with ease, shouldn't that make Zoro's rating for Dressrosa At least 7-B, likely 7-A.

Alsio, considering that he fought against Hawkins and managed to 'kill' him twice and cut through Hawkin's Straw Man's Card, isn't that enough to grant him High 7-A as well or we waiting for the ending of Wano to do so.

Zoro's and Sanji's rating for their first Post-Timeskip key would be At least 7-B yeah, scaling to Zoro's 7-B+ calc.

Sanji's second post-timeskip calc be High 7-A for fighting Oven and Daifuku.

Zoro's second post-timeskip key should be High 7-A for fighting Hawkins.

Birdcage is comparable to Black Knight since they're the exact same string.

Luffy broke through the Parasite string because his body expanded, just like ice breaks out of a water bottle that's frozen. Doffy was only surprised that his string broke because a) from all his previous experience, that string perfectly controlled everyone. Jozu's strength doesn't scale since his body didn't do the same thing as Luffy. 2 different scenarios.

If Doffy's strings were dispersed, he should have been able to at least attempt to manipulate back to where he was to protect himself.

None of the people were trying to destroy the Birdcage. They only attempted to slow it down and adding the fact that Fujitora was there doesn't mean anything since he only tried to stop it with physicals alone. Those citizens and Marine soldiers aren't exactly strong either.

Considering Doffy turned two entire towns/cities, multiple buildings, and more into string, it makes sense his Awakened techniques are stronger, or at least as strong, as Birdcage.

Luffy's Culverin attacks are designed to be a fast hard-hitting attack. Although that technique didn't destroy the string, or at least disperse them, that doesn't mean his other attacks like the unnamed headbutt can't scale to the Awakening or Birdcage.

Also, official translations say that Luffy was "several " times stronger, which means at least 3x, which should mean something considering his G3 is superior to G2, which completely destroyed Black Knight. That could be used as a lowend but if that doesn't work, can't say much.

Ercosore said:
Btw wasnt there a High 7-C+ feat from Luffy in fishmen island? That would be a good suporting feat for Low7-B base Luffy since he did it casually.
Edit: Found it https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:CinCameron20/Fishman_Arc_Luffy_tier
Unfortunately the calc is flawed for two reasons.

It was actually Gear 2 Luffy that did the feat, and the destruction that the calc is focused on is for the debris left behind after the Gaon Cannon, not just Luffy's attack.

@FullMetalLamps;

1) Doflamingo's techniques can vary in attack potency and durability as has been established multiple times. And technically speaking the Black Knight that Luffy destroyed is not the same Black Knight that became the Birdcage.

2) I full agree with you on Luffy's breaking free of the Parasite. It's not an AP feat.

3) Gear 4 has already proven itself to be incredibly fast; he simply attacked Doflamingo in the opening he created for himself before Doflamingo could defend.

4) To slow it down they would have to pit their strength against the strength of Doflamingo's technique. Do you really think Doflamingo's ordinary techniques is equal (or greater) than the strength of all those characters combined?

5) Simply saying that he converted multiple buildings into the string doesn't indicate those strings are necessarily comparable to the Birdcage.

Still gotta do Doflamingo, Straw Hats, a few Commanders, etc.

I think that Cracker and Smoothie need to be At least High 7-A instead of their current 6-C.

Jack got one-shot by it and he hardly took the whole blow.

At least High 7-A is enough for him for just survivng it.

Really only Katakuri and Marco are solidly 6-C I'd say. With Jozu probably having 6-C durability.

So ever Yonkou Commanders, with the exception of Katakuri and Marco, are At least Large Mountain level. But since the Yonkou Commanders should be equally as stronger, if not stronger than Doflamingo, they should be At least Large Mountain level+.

Jozu should have that 6-C for not only having a diamond devil fruit which is just as hard as Seastone, making him probably one of the most durable person in the world (he was only defeated by being completely frozen by Aokiji and Aokiji's ice is by no means harmless) and for No-selling the world's most powerful slash from Dracule Mihawk with his Diamond form

<Also, Damage have you check your Birdcage calculation for that error you speak of before. Still calculating that Whitebeard's feat.

Damage3245 said:
Jack got one-shot by it
There is no evidence that he has be one-shot, we only see him fall in the ocean while everyone else had been killed, and later we see him overall fine and conscious, despire be in the deep ocean.

Also this do not mean Jack scaled from Zunisha, but only from his casual trunk's swing and nothing else.

Damage3245 said:
he hardly took the whole blow.
Like i have stated in the previous thread, unless taking difference in size intro account when dealing this type of feats is part of the standard procedure, then such factor should be ignored.

I mean, we have examples like Dovahkiin where his Durability scaled from taking blows from creatures much larger than himself (giants and dragons), Jack's case is not different.

KobsterHope07 said:
<Also, Damage have you check your Birdcage calculation for that error you speak of before. Still calculating that Whitebeard's feat.
I looked into it and the calc is fine for now.

I'm not sure where to begin on Whitebeard's feat. Will probably consult the calc group members on it.

@Stefano, if the blow struck just Jack alone I would agree with you, but the problem is that it also hit the water and the ships. So to say he tanked 100% of the attack would be impossible and it did indeed look like he was oneshot; his mask was broken, he was reeling from the blow and he could do nothing to stop it. He even looked terrified as it approached him.

As it stands currently I think it goes:

Marco, Katakuri = 6-C

Jozu = 6-C durability

Vista = At least High 7-A, likely higher (Fought Mihawk but clearly neither of them were going all-out)

Cracker & Smoothie & Jack = At least High 7-A

King & Queen = Unknown

Have we discussed about Fujitora meteorites? From what I've been told the calc should have taken the total KE of all the meteorites into consideration like how the meteorite from NNT was handled.

Okay so apologies if this was already covered somewhere in this super long thread but to address the most recent topics:

Jack could prob scale to the trunk. He was taken out more so by his loss of ship than any injury.

Jozu scales to Mihawk's slash if there is a calc for that :S otherwise his durability is being overrated here. Daimond armor doesn't mean anything epirically. Feat wise he got one-shot by Akoji and before I hear it in a reply no freezing is not hax. There are way too many examples in shoenen of a character tanjking it including Duffy.

Katakuri can scale to Luffy, but tbh I'm not sure where that is at right now cause again long thread XD.

Marco doesn't have a single durability feat tbh :S theres a difference between durability and stamina, especially when that stamina is related to regen capabilities. I would just scale him from Jozu or Ace.

Currently all of the above ( at least for scaling)

Edit: not saying we should make profiles for them yet but Queen and King are most likely superior to Jack

Meteors are for Fujitora only

Elephant for 6-C characters, (though top tiers should be beyond 13GT since Luffy's G3 is baseline 6-C for matching Kata and x3 of that would be around 13GT for G4 and Kaido proceded to one-shot G4 Luffy, so top tier should be beyond 13GT)

Strings and Oven for High 7-A characters

I still think the Gear 4 multiplier is overrated. It isn't specifically referring to Luffy's Gear 4 attacks being a specific times greater than his Gear 3 attacks. Do you think Doffy calced that mid-fight?

Same as what lightbuster said. He told Luffy that his G2 and G3 attacks were weak/"have no weight behind them," it's perfectly valid to say that Luffy is at least 3x stronger, especially with the use of the word several.

FullMetalLamps said:
Same as what lightbuster said. He told Luffy that his G2 and G3 attacks were weak/"have no weight behind them," it's perfectly valid to say that Luffy is at least 3x stronger, especially with the use of the word several.
He said that only his Gear 2 attacks had no weight to them.

The issue with his Gear 3 attacks were that they were too slow.

Doffy in fact was never hit by a Gear 3 attack because he always blocked or dodged them.

The reason Gear 4 is so effective is not only that it is stronger than Gear 3 to an unknown degree, but that it is also much, much faster than Gear 3.

In chapter 837, Cracker easily bolcked and Luffy Third gear attack in Biscuit Soilder. Latter, Gear 4th completely destroyed serveral them. It is the proof that G4 is much stronger than G3.

Yes, we know that Gear 4 is much stronger than Gear 3, but I don't think it is an explicit multiplier like 'three times stronger than his strongest Gear 3 attack'.

It's just stronger an unknown degree.

It seems silly to argue the validity of Duffy's analysis without any other alternative.

EX; if there was a definite conflict where Gear four was cited as 100 times stronger than we can debate wha takes presedance.

Throwing out the canon multiplier without cause on the other hand seems like a waste.

P:S All of Luffy's attacks are physical. If they're faster than they are packing more kinetic energy which raises their AP all the same.

Back