• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
BTW, I now remember that Usopp survived many attacks from Mr. 5 who was capable of hurting Luffy. So the scaling starts where EBS Luffy ends.

I know this isn't the best option but considering the power progression and the lack of other good feats I think we should use Lassoo's biggest explosion. It's the only explosion that makes sense scaling-wise.

Mr. 5 was the body-explosion guy, right? Does he have any notable feats?

His explosions harms Luffy but nothing more notable than that. His most powerful attack was interrupted and he has been stomped by Zoro in two instances.

Drat. I was hoping to find something I could calc.

BTW when it comes to Durability Mr. 3's wax is strong enough to block Luffy's attacks so the Baroques being above High 8-C makes sense even for the weakest. So all the Baroque should be At least High 8-C, likely higher. That's why I'm thinking on using the biggest explosion to scale Mr. 4, Mr. 2 and Mr. 1 at the very least.

I don't know if making a Mr. 5's profile would be useful now that I think about it.

Alright, that makes sense.

Although, the explosion would only apply to Mr. 4's durability, wouldn't it?

And Lassoo's AP.

With Mr. 3 as an exception the Baroque Works shows power progression among his workers and Mr. 5 and Miss Valentine was scared the sh*t out of Mr. 3.

So the assassins above Mr. 4 should be above him and Lassoo. That'd scale to Bentham, Sanji, Miss Doublefinger, Nami's Durability and AP but not striking strength, Mr. 1 and Zoro. Usopp and Chopper's Durability should be affected as well, and possibly Chopper's AP.

Do you tried to calc the underground explosion both Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas tanked?

I haven't given it a try yet, but I'll do that one tonight since that one was pretty large IIRC.

It happened at the end of the 185 and just the part that escaped from underground was large. It won't probably yield much but it worths the shot.

Also, Usopp truly is terribly weak in the early Alabasta Saga.

He was defeated by a small explosion from Mr. 5 and a 10,000 kilogram press from his partner. At best those two attacks are Small Building level, or at worst Wall level.

Do you know how much force a 10K kg freefall object has? Because Usopp tanked one of those with a distance of likely tens of meters and he stood up again shortly afterwards.

Hmm, I don't actually off the top of my head. I just estimated. I could try calcing it after I do that explosion later.

Which chapter did that feat happen in? I'm curious as to how Usopp made such a huge explosion.

Damage3245 said:
Which chapter did that feat happen in? I'm curious as to how Usopp made such a huge explosion.
Chapter 332, Pg 16-17

He surrounded Luffy with gas from a dial before lighting it with his Fire Star

Well, assuming the High End is accepted that's a good supporting feat for Luffy.

Also, there was a feat of him tanking the Burn Bazooka in the Skypiea Arc though he was badly burned by it IIRC.

I've calced an alternative size of Thriller Bark which can be found here.

What would be the results of Asgard Moria's punch and Kuma's Ursa Shock using these values?

Damage3245 said:
I've calced an alternative size of Thriller Bark which can be found here.
What would be the results of Asgard Moria's punch and Kuma's Ursa Shock using these values?
Asgard Moria's punch would be downgraded at 134.0477 Kilotons of TNT.

Kuma's Ursa Shock would be downgraded at 2.899 Kilotons of TNT via widespread destruction or 54.89 Kilotons to TNT via near-total fatalities.

So, Large Town level Asgard Moria, and Small Town level to Town level Ursa Shock.

I'll get those put in a blog by tomorrow and evaluated so that we can add them to the list.

Since the old Desert Sparda calc is equally valid I think we would need to compare the two calcs and decide which of the two we should go with.

I believe that the scans of Luffy and Crocodile's fight support the area they're fighting in being a lot smaller than your estimate.

@ Damage If you haven't finalized your decisions about which key the Straw Hats should get, I'd like to make one last bid for Robin to get a Alabasta Key before I give up on it for good. I just really don't think it's right that she doesn't have it. Now I know I've brought up this more than twice now in the previous revision threads, probably so much that might be bordering on derailing the thread, and it's been rejected each time. So I apologize in advance if I'm being really annoying or beyond really annoying for bringing it up again lol.

It was agreed that she wouldn't be getting a key for Enies Lobby because her most notable victory/action there was brutalizing Spandam, which is worthless considering he's weaker than the average marine officer. And she's getting the Skypiea Key for her fight with Yama and surviving Enel's lightning blast to the head, correct? Well why shouldn't she get one for defeating Pell, Tashigi and surviving Crocodile? Pell was stated to be Alabasta's strongest warrior. In his falcon form, he's this strong and fast https://imgur.com/a/GF2Dxwk https://imgur.com/oyLRQxW. In his hybrid form, he blitzed and stomped a group of assassins in seconds. https://imgur.com/a/8pJb4ME I know we didn't see enough from Pell outside of beating the assassins and his fight with Robin, but going by the fact that he's the strongest fighter from Alabasta and powerscaling, at minimum we can say he's far stronger than Vivi, who defeated Mr. 7 and Miss Father's Day and also helped Nami one-shot 10,000 kg Miss Valentine https://imgur.com/teBaC44, and he should also stronger than the Weakling Trio. Also, if this is worth anything, his hybrid form is likely stronger than his regular self, yet he was still confident he could beat Robin without transforming. I noticed in the Sandbox that one of the justifications for whatever rating Monet's getting is 'she could harm Tashigi'. So why doesn't Robin outright defeating her not count? http://*****************/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-202-page-12.html http://*****************/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-202-page-13.html After she's stabbed by Crocodile, she revives by the time Luffy entered the tomb and demanded another rematch, so she recovered from it pretty quickly. http://*****************/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-204-page-7.html And she also easily subdued Post-Alabasta Arc Zoro, the one who defeated Mr. 1, when he pulled his sword out on her, just as she did the first time she appeared on the Going Merry. https://imgur.com/a/XhGZm I know that wasn't impressive or anything. The point is she twice handled him as if he wasn't a threat to her at all.

If this does get rejected again, could you at least tell me what Alabasta Robin's rating would be if she did have one?

RoronaRobin said:
How are the Thriller Bark ratings coming along?
Pretty good. I'm just making the two important calcs from the end of the arc and once they're accepted I can update the sandbox to cover all the characters up to that point.

As for the Robin stuff... I'm not sure, I think there's still a bit left we have to work out to solidify the Alabasta Saga ratings.

Damage3245 said:
Since the old Desert Sparda calc is equally valid I think we would need to compare the two calcs and decide which of the two we should go with.
I believe that the scans of Luffy and Crocodile's fight support the area they're fighting in being a lot smaller than your estimate.
But that go in contrast with the new accepted size of Alubarna, the Royal Palace had been consistently show to be comparable with the City Square in term of size.

Accepting old version as still valid with the new accepted size of Alubarna would means the Royal Palace would had to be like 22.9% smaller than how it was usually drawn, but this cannot be by how big it was portrayed.

Also the new scaling is based on multiple statements during that entire arc that had been consistent enough to be taken as accurate, while Cin's version is simply based on scaling of objects/characters only.

Right, but we have official heights for characters.

I think that while you have some good points about the size of the city square, the Royal Palace is smaller than what you're suggesting it to be.

Using your scaling, the Royal Palace would be about as tall as the current tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa. Comparisons to the characters however would show that this is clearly not the case.

Damage3245 said:
Using your scaling, the Royal Palace would be about as tall as the current tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa. Comparisons to the characters however would show that this is clearly not the case.
Maybe, but Oda doesn't always drawn on scale 1:1 (not on a consistent scale), making any scaling based on drawns alone not this accurate as the size of characters/objects can vary from panel to panel (or chapter to chapter) alone, a perfect example its Thriller Bark.

This is why i think use my version would be better, as the scaling its instead based more on consistent statements in the series which should weigh more compare to mere pixer scaling.

You're right, Oda is not a perfect artist. But I think it's also a stretch to say the visual depictions of it being much smaller than what you're estimating it as is irrelevant, but it's also okay use the visual depictions of it to say how big Crocodile's Desert Sparda is.

I think we need more evidence than using those statements to extrapolate from that how big the area Crocodile's Desert Spardo destroyed.

I'll try and do some additional scaling from other panels to see what size it is most consistently drawn to be. If it is consistantly a lot smaller than what the statements suggest, I think that suggests the statements themselves may not be trustworthy.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
OMG this is still going on, how have the cahnges not been made yet
In case you're not being sarcastic, One Piece is a huge verse with over 900 chapters and there's over 120 characters with profiles that need to be updated.

Figuring out the ratings for them is a long process, especially since we've spent a lot of this time calcing feats that had no calcs and re-evaluating old calcs that weren't evaluated fully.

So, yes, it is still going on. Right now I'm consulting Therefir on how to calc an important feat, then we'll be pretty much done with the Pre-Timeskip ratings and we can properly evaluate the Post-Timeskip ratings.

Ok, didn't realize you were changing both Pre-Timeskip and Post-Timeskip, the title only says Post-Timeskip, I didn't realize you were changing everything, that makes more sense why it's taking so long

That's always fun and stressful, well I hope you guys get it done without issues, Good Luck

Does anyone have any other possible feats in the Alabasta Saga? Because Luffy jumping from Large Building level+ to Town level is a step up from going from Large Building level+ to Multi-City block level, and I'd like to make sure there is some other supporting feats.

Last battle from EBS is Luffy vs Arlong. Between that and Luffy vs Crocodile we have Loguetown, Twin Capes, Whiskey Peak, Little Garden and Drum. Even if those arcs don't have great heated fights are more than enough to provide jumps in tier.

I don't found strange those big jumps. It happens quite frequently in fiction.

Well, the Multi-City block calc still uses more believable size scaling so I think it is what we should be currently going with.

Therefir and Mr. Bambu have responded to my request on how to calc Kuma's feat and Therefir is looking into it so we should get that resolved soon.

By the way, did you get anywhere with those storm calcs?

Back