• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece - Getting rid of redundant Powers and Abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This does not need to be highlighted as it's not very important or anything of the sort.

Haki Powers and Abilities sectio
Basically, with the Haki page using descriptions of other powers such as Statistics Amplification and Precognition for example, I find it pointless to have each character profile have those powers listed. I would find it to be more concise to remove those from their page, include Haki with a description of their level of Application.

Using Luffy's profile as an example:

"Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Elasticity, Proficient Haki user (Proficient with Kenbunshoku, Busoshoku, and Haoshoku Haki) Precognition and Extrasensory Perception (via Kenbunshoku Haki), the ability to turn off his mind, Body Control (His Devil Fruit gives him properties of rubber; can stretch any part of his body), Limited Fire Manipulation (with Gomu Gomu no Red Hawk), Pseudo-Flight (with Gear 4, Luffy can glide through the air at high speeds using the elastic force from his kicks), Busoshoku Haki, which augments his defensive and offensive capabilities, Resistance to Poison, Electricity, Heat, and Blunt Force Trauma, Explosive and Overwhelming Aura and Limited Empathic Manipulation via Haoshoku Haki (Capable of emitting large shock-waves that can send opponents flying and generate an aura that targets weak-willed opponents--weakening their conscience, causing them to seize, or if the opponent has a low level of intelligence [comparable to that of a wild animal], they may even be swayed to join forces with the user. However, an opponent with even somewhat comparable willpower to the user will be immune to its effects)."

^That's a lot of information. It would be best to cut it down to something like the following:

"Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Proficient Haki user (Proficient with Kenbunshoku, Busoshoku, and Haoshoku Haki),Elasticity, Body Control (His Devil Fruit gives him properties of rubber; can stretch any part of his body), Limited Fire Manipulation (with Gomu Gomu no Red Hawk), Pseudo-Flight (with Gear 4, Luffy can glide through the air at high speeds using the elastic force from his kicks), Resistance to Poison, Electricity, Heat, and Blunt Force Trauma, the ability to turn off his mind"

^That cuts it down to about half the original.

I believe this is necessary as the Haki page provides enough information regarding the powers included, so anyone who clicks on it and reads will understand that Haki users have the powers that are currently listed. This will be done to ALL profiles displaying Haki users. This is much less redundant.

I only made a CRT for this since I can't just make these changes on a whim without consent from those who are also knowledgeable on the verse and the Admins. Also, because I need several profiles unlocked.

Edit:

Profile Haki Descriptions
Looking at Roronoa Zoro's page (under "Notable Attacks and Techniques"), for example, the haki descriptions are heavily outdated, and again, redundant due to us having a page for Haki. This needs to be removed and replace with a basic description of each user's application.

For example (using Zoro):

"Busoshoku Haki: Zoro is a specialized user of Busoshoku, capable of using Koka (Hardening) on himself and his weapons, and being able to cover a large portion of his body with haki at once on a whim.

Kenbunshoku Haki: Zoro has only displayed basic application of this power, only being able to witness instantaneous premonitions of the future with intense focus, and having only displayed the ability to sense the presence of others from upwards to a couple kilometers away."

^The Haki page is meant to explain the powers while the character profile would be better off explaining each character's competence with the ability. Again, this is much more informative than what we currently have.

I also just want to point out that making the first mentioned changes would be a lot easier on me and other editors when it comes to new mentioned powers for Haki (we recently added some level of Telepathy/Empathy on the Haki page), so that we wouldn't have to go to every Kenbunshoku Haki user to apply the changes each time something new is brought into play.

This looks like a good idea to me. I was thinking that mentioning all of the abilities and explanations associated with Haki was a bit redundant.

I could help in editing stuff :3

And i, naturally, agree with the OP

@Ant - If that's the case, I'd like to perform edits on the locked pages first as to get them dealt with immediately so they're not a problem later on.

Profiles that will need editing (and locked):

Monkey D. Luffy, Roronoa Zoro, Sanji, Whitebeard, Donquixote Doflamingo, Silvers Rayleigh, and I assume that's all unless i'm missing some.

The rest of the Haki users should currently be unlocked @ALRF if you want to follow my example once I edit a few of the above listed profiles :p. If you have questions about specific characters and their placements for a specific type of Haki, I can help with that.

Okay. I will unlock the profiles. Tell me here when you are done.

I have finished editing all of the unlocked profiles. They can be locked now. Thank you, I will be sure to let you know if I forgot anything. ALRF and I will be editing the rest of the profiles in the meantime.

@Ant - Also, I want to include a note under Busoshoku Haki that states Haki users being able to bypass the effects of Elemental Intangibility, since it's not there already.

Okay. I will unlock the profiles and Haki page for you. Tell me here when you are done.

The page can be locked now (I think Matt locked it already, actually). Sorry for the 11 hour delay. I was asleep and doing small research for classwork.

The edits regarding this topic have been applied, so this thread may also be closed. Thank you for your help as always, Ant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back