• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Explain please.
There was an old dub of One Piece made by "4Kids" that, as the name implies, edited popular series with violent/explicit contents to make them more watchable for kids.
They adapted One Piece and made several changes such as Sanji sucking lollipops instead of chain smoking, and one of the changes that got popular was one where instead of shooting Bellmere in the chest, Arlong pointed at her and said this:

There was an old dub of One Piece made by "4Kids" that, as the name implies, edited popular series with violent/explicit contents to make them more watchable for kids.
They adapted One Piece and made several changes such as Sanji sucking lollipops instead of chain smoking, and one of the changes that got popular was one where instead of shooting Bellmere in the chest, Arlong pointed at her and said this:

Oh yeah I've heard of that. I thought you were referencing some scaling take. Thanks for explaining though.

Unironically by Oda's standards Kuina has a worse fate in the 4kids dub.

I just looked it up and that's so ****** up man
The 4kids version is literally Kuina beating a grown man in a spar or something and later getting beat up by his goons and paralyzed for life.
I don't know who thought that was better than her falling down the stairs or possibly committing suicide (some say falling down the stairs is a metaphor for that) but it's not even surprising given their track record

You forgot to mention Bell-mere had just hit Arlong with a shovel.

image.png

image.png

tom-and-jerry.gif

Imu at the top of some lists.... Guys, he hasn't done anything except eat a fireball from Sabo and inflict a non-lethal injury.

He and Dragon shouldn't be anywhere near these lists.

And while I'm on the topic, what the **** is this??
Here's the panel for anyone wondering.
This literally did NOTHING to Drake, in fact we also see another base kick on someone that is, iirc, comparable to Drake, do nothing to him.
I'll address this in a CRT later, but I'm asking this now instead of just waiting until I make the thread because I'm really curious as to how these justifications snuck into his profile.

Which group leaders(captains/officers and stuff), not counting those whose groups are all random fodders, can actually solo the rest of their group?

Why the **** did I reply to One Piss general discussion.

@Nierre **** you asshole, by posting this thread you're making me scroll for a whole 5 seconds to get to the unfollow button.

Back