• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Eh, the nosebleed thing went from unfunny to funny for me as time went on
I've always liked/found it funny... Idk why people don't like sanji for that 🐵, it's just pre timeskip sanji but instead of being romantical he's desperate af 😅 I mean.. Look at the island he was in, literally named it hell 🙉

Last edited:
I don’t hate him, I just dislike his response tbh. It feels a bit bunch after learning everything
Ohh you mean with jinbe? I think he got insecure of jinbe joining the crew and replacing him 🙈

idk if I can truly justify it but in his eyes he barely even knows jinbe I think but 🤷‍♂️ or sanji might've been sarcastic

I feel like him just going "Jinbe, you didn't think your former friend was going to kill a bunch of people, so you deserve to die," was a little rude.
I don't remember that. Can somebody explain please?

Also, one thing I still can’t understand is how Otohime convinced a celestial dragon to let fishman island gain entrance to the world summit. Like is there a scene for that later or?

Jinbe let Arlong into the East Blue, he didn't think he'd just murder a bunch of people, Sanji got mad because of the effect that had on Nami.
Okay. That is understandable, considering the horrors she had to endure due to Jinbe's very serious mistake.

I don't remember that. Can somebody explain please?
0620-009.png
0620-010.png
0627-012.png
0627-013.png
0627-014.png
0627-015.png

I think sanji is still recovering from being in that island for 2 years but idk 😅

I feel like him just going "Jinbe, you didn't think your former friend was going to kill a bunch of people, so you deserve to die," was a little rude.
Idk man.

We know who and how Sanji is. He's full of love for his crewmates, with his cooking being his wa of expressing that best. We also know tha because his life in Germa, why he cherishes those he considers family so much and why he's so self sacrificial, putting their lives above his own.

Now with that context, imagine how Sanji must have felt. He knows how much pain, horror, and anger Nami had for Arlong. Coming face to face with the man who allowed Arlong to do his to not only Nami, but possibly hundreds of other innocent people in the East Blue, with his answer being "err I know what I did was wrong and I'm sorry."

Knowing Sanji, I'm surprised he didn't outright attack Jinbe.

So speaking of nothing, what do you think happened to Bartolomeo? Did Shanks kill him, or just publicly humiliate him a lot, given that Bartolomeo is a subordinate to Luffy, and will this and Shanks killing Kidd and Killer put him on an initial collission course with Luffy?

Also, will Kuma teleport to Egghead and regain his memories, what do you think happened during the sudden timeskip for Bonney and the Straw Hats there, and what do you think that Luffy's dream was that he told his crew without us seeing it? A world where everybody are free from oppression and live in prosperity?

Idk man.

We know who and how Sanji is. He's full of love for his crewmates, with his cooking being his wa of expressing that best. We also know tha because his life in Germa, why he cherishes those he considers family so much and why he's so self sacrificial, putting their lives above his own.

Now with that context, imagine how Sanji must have felt. He knows how much pain, horror, and anger Nami had for Arlong. Coming face to face with the man who allowed Arlong to do his to not only Nami, but possibly hundreds of other innocent people in the East Blue, with his answer being "err I know what I did was wrong and I'm sorry."

Knowing Sanji, I'm surprised he didn't outright attack Jinbe.
Jinbe's actual answer was "I was trying not to let that happen and the government was literally preventing me from hearing about it."

Jinbe's actual answer was "I was trying not to let that happen and the government was literally preventing me from hearing about it."
Jinbe literally let Arlong go to the East Blue despite knowing damn well how dangerous and violent he was. He doesn't need to later on hear how he killed and tortured innocent people to infer that it was a very high possibility. Did you read thr flashback?

So speaking of nothing, what do you think happened to Bartolomeo? Did Shanks kill him, or just publicly humiliate him a lot, given that Bartolomeo is a subordinate to Luffy, and will this and Shanks killing Kidd and Killer put him on an initial collission course with Luffy?
Shanks, in Wano, actually says Bartolomeo is currently still disrespecting him. Also, I don't think Kid and Killer are dead. Kid feels halfway between Shanks and Buggy, and I don't think Shanks is just gonna murder him for no reason.
Also, will Kuma teleport to Egghead and regain his memories, what do you think happened during the sudden timeskip for Bonney and the Straw Hats there, and what do you think that Luffy's dream was that he told his crew without us seeing it? A world where everybody are free from oppression and live in prosperity?
I think Luffy is doing that whole "I want everyone to laugh," bit, and his final fight with Im will be projected across the world, and everyone who sees him win will burst out laughing.

Jinbe literally let Arlong go to the East Blue despite knowing damn well how dangerous and violent he was. He doesn't need to later on hear how he killed and tortured innocent people to infer that it was a very high possibility. Did you read thr flashback?
Do you really expect him to think "Oh, these are my former comrades, I know Hatchan's a decent dude, and I legitimately believe in them, I'll be watching the whole time, but no, I'm sure my old friends are beyond saving."

let's a violent mass murderer loose on a sea filled with potential victims

hears nothing about him for decades

thinks everything is fine

meets potentially the worst victims and has to explain himself

uses info not getting to him as his excuse

Sanji gets mad

Everyone: wHy WoUlD sAnJi RePlY tHaT wAy

Do you really expect him to think "Oh, these are my former comrades, I know Hatchan's a decent dude, and I legitimately believe in them, I'll be watching the whole time, but no, I'm sure my old friends are beyond saving."
What? I expect him not to let a mf who kills and tortures humans for fun to run loose on the East Blue and use lack of info as an excuse.
I mean, Hatchan's right there, and no one ever gets mad at him.
Reread Sabaody.

let's a violent mass murderer loose on a sea filled with potential victims

hears nothing about him for decades

thinks everything is fine

meets potentially the worst victims and has to explain himself

uses info not getting to him as his excuse

Sanji gets mad

Everyone: wHy WoUlD sAnJi RePlY tHaT wAy
Yes. Agreed.

Shanks, in Wano, actually says Bartolomeo is currently still disrespecting him.
So it has been confirmed that Shanks just beat up and possibly publicly humiliated Bartolomeo, and did not actually kill one of Luffy's commanders and biggest fanboy?

What? I expect him not to let a mf who kills and tortures humans for fun to run loose on the East Blue and use lack of info as an excuse.
I'm telling you, he legitimately said "Hey, Arlong, this is your last chance, I am going to kill you if you mess up again," that's a pretty good explanation for the lack of news.

Also, I don't think Kid and Killer are dead. Kid feels halfway between Shanks and Buggy, and I don't think Shanks is just gonna murder him for no reason.
Shanks saw into the future that Kidd would casually murder lots of his harmless friends if nothing was done quickly to prevent it, and recognised him as a serious and very ruthless threat.

Literally the best excuse. It's the government conspiring against him.
Jinbe was clearly in the wrong here. He doesn't need to not hear anything from Arlong to check in on him. There was no good reason for him letting Arlong go in the first place.

Obviously there was nothing else Jinbe could've said in thst situation as everyone was demanding an explanation, but Sanjis response was completely valid, as all of Jinbes choices led to the death and torture of hundreds, including someone he holds higher than his own life.

Kachon is right, it's Jinbe's fault. He knew damn well that Arlong hated humans.
Well, he didn't think through the issue properly, and it would have been extremely hard for him to slaughter his old crewmates. Also, he did try to take responsibility afterwards.

Jinbe was clearly in the wrong here. He doesn't need to not hear anything from Arlong to check in on him. There was no good reason for him letting Arlong go in the first place.

Obviously there was nothing else Jinbe could've said in thst situation as everyone was demanding an explanation, but Sanjis response was completely valid, as all of Jinbes choices led to the death and torture of hundreds, including someone he holds higher than his own life.
Yes, he was definitely in the wrong, but at least none of it was intentional.

I'm telling you, he legitimately said "Hey, Arlong, this is your last chance, I am going to kill you if you mess up again," that's a pretty good explanation for the lack of news.
That's the emptiest threat I've ever heard if he don't check on him even once.

Back