• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Leaning just right. The dude fought against:

Wave 1: 9 Scabbards, who made him bleed and reopened his scar to some extent
Wave 2: Supernovas, who beat him around and attacked his innards
Wave 3: Hao Infusion Luffy
Wave 4: Yamato
Wave 5: Luffy again
Wave 6: Gear 5 Luffy

And he still barely lost.

And unlike most shonen villains, when Luffy got his new form, it didn't lead to Kaido being stomped, it just evened the odds.
Exactly. He is likely technically considered to still be a bit more dangerous than Luffy by Oda, given his considerably higher bounty and the sheer potential destructive capacity of his fire dragon, but he was gradually worn down by more combatants than just Luffy.

Also, in Gear 5 form, Luffy turns compulsively goofy, and much more inefficient/less relentlessly focused than in Gear 4, for example.

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think would be the most broken devil fruit awakening? For example, I feel like buggy fruit or Foxxys fruit would be broken via awakening, also kinda curious to see what blackbeards Yami fruit would look like too.

And he still barely lost.

And unlike most shonen villains, when Luffy got his new form, it didn't lead to Kaido being stomped, it just evened the odds.
Kaido is an endurance god 😈.
He was easily Luffy's toughest challenge yet, and Luffy very barely prevailed even after a series of drastic power-ups.
Definitely, maybe only Imu and Blackbeard may prove to be greater challenges.
Luffy literally had to get three big power ups to finally win, no other villain has forced him to do that.
Just about right, he earned his hype. What about you?
Agreed.

I think he performed just right as well, maybe almost a bit more than I expected. Seeing him take all of these hits and still chug on with little to no drawbacks was insane.

I've thought about it, but the reason why the next big battles (the other Yonko and the wg top dogs) will be as difficult as the raid is because of the fact that unlike the raid where the major combatants were basically wearing down Kaido and Big Mom one after another and getting power ups mid fight, the later fights will likely be only one and done fights.

If Luffy were to fight Shanks for example, he won't get the easy route of having others wear Shanks down little by little like with Kaido, he has to beat him in that one fight and that's it, same with the others. He'll be facing opponents nearly as strong, if not just as strong, as Kaido but only get one fight to defeat them (most likely).

The best comparison I can think of is that Kaido and Big Mom were like MMO style Raid Bosses where you have to fight them with a full party and do the boss mechanics and you can swap out from tanking with someone. Where as now if Luffy faces the big boys, he'll be facing the same difficulty as he did back in Onigashima (raid boss and mechanics and all), but now it's solo and it's likely gonna be all in one fight, not multiple rounds.

Kaido is an endurance god 😈.
Luffy literally had to get three big power ups to finally win, no other villain has forced him to do that.
I think he performed just right as well, maybe almost a bit more than I expected. Seeing him take all of these hits and still chug on with little to no drawbacks was insane.
This exactly why in a world where King is still alive, Kaido is considered world wide the Invincible Strongest Creature, the embodiement of strength who just can't couldn't die no matter the constant torture👹.
The best comparison I can think of is that Kaido and Big Mom were like MMO style Raid Bosses where you have to fight them with a full party and do the boss mechanics and you can swap out from tanking with someone. Where as now if Luffy faces the big boys, he'll be facing the same difficulty as he did back in Onigashima (raid boss and mechanics and all), but now it's solo and it's likely gonna be all in one fight, not multiple rounds.
I would pay to get an OP game like that.

Quick question for y'all. Do y'all think that Kaido underperformed, overperformed, or performed just right when it comes to your expectations (in terms of combat, not character)?
Depends like I think dura and endurance wise it’s about what I expected maybe a lil more but his AP and failing to killing a single scabbard was disappointing

I've thought about it, but the reason why the next big battles (the other Yonko and the wg top dogs) will be as difficult as the raid is because of the fact that unlike the raid where the major combatants were basically wearing down Kaido and Big Mom one after another and getting power ups mid fight, the later fights will likely be only one and done fights.

If Luffy were to fight Shanks for example, he won't get the easy route of having others wear Shanks down little by little like with Kaido, he has to beat him in that one fight and that's it, same with the others. He'll be facing opponents nearly as strong, if not just as strong, as Kaido but only get one fight to defeat them (most likely).

Reminds me of how in Wizard101, whenever me and 3 Homies would go into a dungeon and the boss was super duper hard, if one of us died we'd just teleport, get fully healed, and jump back into the fight.

The main 2 examples I remember are the Zeus dungeon for level 30 players and the JabberWocky Boss in the world of Avalon.

To put a little more detail into it, it was:

Wave 1: A surprise attack from 8 guys he thought he killed or imprisoned decades ago, who were later joined by one of the Whitebeard Pirates' commanders
Wave 2: A 2v5 against guys who all had prior knowledge, all of whom were supernovas, including 3 guys he previously beat up and sent to Udon Prison(He's gonna have a long talk with Queen after this), one of whom was intentionally poisoned with a SMILE to make sure this exact thing didn't happen, one of whom was a former Warlord, and... IS THAT ENMA?!
Wave 3: One of those dead swordsmen he beat up earlier. Does this guy really think he can win here?
Wave 4: His own son, who was supposed to be in Seastone cuffs with the Tobiroppo hunting him down.
Wave 5: His son again, now teamed up with one of those Supernovas from earlier, and... WHY IS THERE ANOTHER DRAGON??
Wave 6: A final 1v1 against Luffy, where he literally just murders him and throws him off Onigashima.
Wave 7: He generally just flies around beating the shit out of everyone he sees, firing Boro Breaths at anyone who talks shit.
Wave 8: This Little Dragons Jr guy he's never seen before starts talking to himself about telepathic elephants, and he hears a bunch of drums playing... is that like a theme song? Is that... is that boss music? WHY IS THAT GUY STILL ALIVE??!! WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE??!!

And then it ends in a draw.

Hot take: If Luffy hadn't used Bajrang Gun, Kaido would've outlasted him and beaten him extreme-diff.
Cold take: If Luffy didn't activate Gear 5, Kaido would have solo'd every samurai and pirate still in Onigashima including the Straw Hats, Law, Kid, Marco, Yamato and Momonosuke.

Cold take: If Luffy didn't activate Gear 5, Kaido would have solo'd every samurai and pirate still in Onigashima including the Straw Hats, Law, Kid, Marco, Yamato and Momonosuke.
Fair enough. I mean, that was literally happening in the story. The only L is that you mentioned Momonosuke, but not Winbe and Chopper.

If Law and Kidd weren't so exhausted, they and Killer (who should not have been tired from a few smacks from Hawkins) would've done well against Kaido but likely would've still lost.

Sanji would've woken up, so I think the alliance would've been fine 😎 I'm putting my money on Soba Mask

Quick question for y'all. Do y'all think that Kaido underperformed, overperformed, or performed just right when it comes to your expectations (in terms of combat, not character)?
He had three advanced hakis, one of the most destructive and powerful Zoans of all, killed the MC. If samurai didn't have plot armor, they would be dead in Kaido's hands.

The difference in power between "Yonko level" and "Commander level", a discussion that used to be very present in fandom, after Wano ended. Since the first Haimei Hakke Oda has been building changing the balance for powerscalling of the series through Kaido. Later he did the same thing with a hakiless BM two-shoting Queen.

So I think that in terms of powerscaling, Wano is the best arc in One Piece and Kaido was a great tool in Oda's hands for that.

The only thing I would have to complain about is Kaido's combat creativity, which basically comes down to breathing fire and beating hard with Kanabo, I think he could have more elemental powers, or more creatively use the powers in his arsenal in combat (such as clouds, for example).

The only thing I would have to complain about is Kaido's combat creativity, which basically comes down to breathing fire and beating hard with Kanabo, I think he could have more elemental powers, or more creatively use the powers in his arsenal in combat (such as clouds, for example).
He had the wind powers like Kaifu and Tatsumaki, the drunken attacks, the projectile shockwaves, etc.

The comment by Deebus is so true, the reason the Gorosei couldn't stop Luffy like everyone complains they should've is because they didn't have enough time to lol. Luffy is a speed runner.

The comment by Deebus is so true, the reason the Gorosei couldn't stop Luffy like everyone complains they should've is because they didn't have enough time to lol. Luffy is a speed runner.
I still think it's bull how al this happened in 2 mere months.

The whole Post-TS saga should IMO have been over the course of a year, and pre-TS should have been 1-3 years.

Yes, and Blackbeard can power Luffy down to base power level without any rubber while spamming Whitebeard-style earthquakes. He does not have Kaido's raw power, skill, courage, and tenacity, but he is still much more well-adapted to taking down Luffy's power-set in particular, as he can only use melee combat, at least unless Luffy's status as the avatar of Freedom/Nika/Joyboy and force field via advanced Conqueror's Haki, grants him immunity while in gear 5.

Why do we treat Roger's Kamusari as a Buso attack and not ACoC attack? For example we saw Shanks used the same attack on Kidd and it was an ACoC attack. Just noticed in Oden's Durability Section and it says he took a Buso attack from Roger and stood up with Minor Injuries

Why do we treat Roger's Kamusari as a Buso attack and not ACoC attack? For example we saw Shanks used the same attack on Kidd and it was an ACoC attack. Just noticed in Oden's Durability Section and it says he took a Buso attack from Roger and stood up with Minor Injuries
Pretty sure Roger was casual? Idk if it was literally Kamusari he used on Oden.

Check the CRT that removed his advanced hao rating, it was changed there.

Back