• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

One of the "Four Emperors" who reign in the "New World. Once an apprentice to Roger's pirates, he later went head-to-head with "Hawk-Eye" and eventually became an equal to "Whitebeard".
Never seen this before, and couldn't this be interpretered as in status as an Emperor?

One of the "Four Emperors" who reign in the "New World. Once an apprentice to Roger's pirates, he later went head-to-head with "Hawk-Eye" and eventually became an equal to "Whitebeard".
Can confirm, this is canon.
That attack was meant to finish off ace or luffy I think... Not comparable at all... We also know marco's Haki is too weak to even hit him
Woah, hold on.
unknown.png

← He wears a blue flame and prevents Kizaru's attacks! He is also a user of the highest power of the color of armament."

Never seen this before, and couldn't this be interpretered as in status as an Emperor?
No... It's about fighting.. As it literally says he fought head to head with mihawk and now being equal to whitebeard
Woah, hold on.
unknown.png

← He wears a blue flame and prevents Kizaru's attacks! He is also a user of the highest power of the color of armament."
Akainu > kizaru

I'm literally the one who translated that... You don't think I know it?

No... It's about fighting.. As it literally says he fought head to head with mihawk and now being equal to whitebeard
Yeah, fair enough, but this could be Death of Author then, as Shanks' feats debunks this.

Although this could probably only be used for Pre-timeskip Shanks, with Post-timeskip Shanks being stronger

On a side note, the wording of the translation MOL used kinda implies that Shanks = WB > Mihawk
No... As it goes from being an apprentice for roger then dueling with mihawk (which is old stuff and both have gotten stronger since then) to then being an equal to whitebeard

He spends his days killing time. The "Hawk's Eye", feared by all sword fighters, looks forward to the arrival of a wielder in the future who will surpass the "Red-Haired", with whom he once crossed blades...!
These are from both mihawk's and shanks vivrecards... Both are stronger then since they last dualed

Wow... So all the time that I thought Kachon123 was trolling monkeman to win arguments or something by ignoring statements was actually just that he didn't know the statements 👁️🙉👁️

How are you going to use this against shanks fans? Won't it be the opposite of against?
with whom he once crossed blades...!
It says they crossed blades.. Which means Shanks used his sword.. Which means Shanks is a swordsman.
No more of this " Shanks isn't a swordsman so he's still above Mihawk " :devilish:
I never said that Yonkou 1 can't be weaker than Yonkou 2. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said that Shanks ≠ Kaidou.
💀Sure buddy

It says they crossed blades.. Which means Shanks used his sword.. Which means Shanks is a swordsman.
No more of this " Shanks isn't a swordsman so he's still above Mihawk " :devilish:
Look I don't know if you serious or not but both have no proof being above each other

Mihawk is the World's Strongest Swordsman though
That's a title...

He's confirmed the best in both title and reality
A rare great swordsman who has distinguished himself since before the time of the great pirates and now reigns as "the best in the world" in both name and reality. Mihawk, who joined the Shichibukai, is a lone pirate without a group, cruising the seas. He spends his days killing time. The "Hawk's Eye", feared by all sword fighters, looks forward to the arrival of a wielder in the future who will surpass the "Red-Haired", with whom he once crossed blades...!
The title of strongest swordsmen is his inverse title by op world

That's a title...

He's confirmed the best in both title and reality

The title of strongest swordsmen is his inverse title by op world
Oh shut up, I know you're one of those people who abuse the hell out of Kaidou's title as the World's Strongest Creature, so don't judge me.

Oh shut up, I know you're one of those people who abuse the hell out of Kaidou's title as the World's Strongest Creature, so don't judge me.
Kaido not the strongest tho... Tho I think... Nothing

If you wanted a shanks being a swordsmen you could just use this
image0.jpg

本来左ききであるシャンクスはかつて、右の腰に長剣を携えていた。ミホークとライバルだった過去からみても、その剣の実力は世界でもトップクラスだったのだろう。

Shanks, who is left-handed by nature, used to carry a long sword on his right hip. He must have been one of the best swordsmen in the world, given that he and Mihawk were rivals in the past.

7F98CD51-AD35-4B68-89D6-A8EF5A6E9123.png
IMG_6097.png
IMG_3702.png

Now my question is, what's the real translation of this?
Or a better once? Cause this literally says "Ralphie" instead of Luffy.

つぎつぎ 百獣海賊団の幹部陣を次々と撃破したルフィ達! 残すは 最強の・西撃。 二人!! 時代の覇権争いの勝者はどっち!?

One after another, Luffy and his men defeated the leaders of the Beast Pirates! Only the strongest, Kaidou, remains. Who will be the winner in the battle for supremacy of the age?!

Back