• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

FQIdaMBWYAESdKz.png

Just wanna rant that I'm kinda disappointed with how Oda's hyped up Blackbeard. Most of his battles post-timeskip have shown him either overpowered or fleeing. He hasn't shown any impressive Haki skills or creative techniques. For god's sake, even though he's an Emperor, he's never even been officially confirmed to have Conqueror's Haki. I'd have thought by now, Blackbeard of all people would've been shown to use Conqueror's Haki.

Honestly, when Blackbeard confronted Law, I thought Blackbeard would take advantage of his Haki and devil fruit powers, but he was still being put on the ropes by Law. But the way he's being treated, he still feels like a pseudo-emperor and still slightly below the other Emperors like Big Mom and Kaido, even after the time skip. Law could only overpower Big Mom with a combined effort from Kidd, so it feels like both of them are more like pseudo-emperors, too. Compared to Luffy, based on the way Luffy's advanced his Haki, I really don't think that Luffy should have too much trouble defeating Blackbeard if they were to fight now. Do you guys agree with me?
He scarred Shanks and has abilities we have not seen yet. He’s the opposite to Luffy, so he’s still growing and learning. I mean he’s definitely taking many L’s. But he did beat Ace in a 1v1. He ultimately killed Whitebeard. We only saw a bit of his scuffle with Awakening Law, who may I remind you was ******* up Big Mom. Also Blackbeard has run away, but it’s from Top Tiers like Shanks and Akainu, who are chads in their own right.

He’ll show great things, just be patient

He scarred Shanks and has abilities we have not seen yet. He’s the opposite to Luffy, so he’s still growing and learning. I mean he’s definitely taking many L’s. But he did beat Ace in a 1v1. He ultimately killed Whitebeard. We only saw a bit of his scuffle with Awakening Law, who may I remind you was ******* up Big Mom. Also Blackbeard has run away, but it’s from Top Tiers like Shanks and Akainu, who are chads in their own right.

Akainu isn't a Top Tier but pop off Ig.
Another Monkeman vs Kachon thread im predicting🙈
That guy hates my guts.

Huh, that was him?

Fodder shit
"[ Got this from the One Piece Wiki if you're wondering why some of it is bolded and why it has links to stuff] D: Oda-sensei, I have a question. In Volume 40, p. 36 (Chapter 379, "Doriki") the waitress named Gatherine-san turned down Jabra. What kind of guys DOES she like? Or does she already have a boyfriend? I can't sleep at night...It's all I think about... P.N. General Recycle

O: The idol of Enies Lobby, Gatherine has pined after one man all of this time. Her exact words when she turned down Jabra were this: "I'm sorry, but I'm in love with Lucci-san!! I mean, all a guy has is looks, right?!" The number of men who have crashed and burned before this burning love must be countless. Good luck, Jabra!"

"[ Got this from the One Piece Wiki if you're wondering why some of it is bolded and why it has links to stuff] D: Oda-sensei, I have a question. In Volume 40, p. 36 (Chapter 379, "Doriki") the waitress named Gatherine-san turned down Jabra. What kind of guys DOES she like? Or does she already have a boyfriend? I can't sleep at night...It's all I think about... P.N. General Recycle

O: The idol of Enies Lobby, Gatherine has pined after one man all of this time. Her exact words when she turned down Jabra were this: "I'm sorry, but I'm in love with Lucci-san!! I mean, all a guy has is looks, right?!" The number of men who have crashed and burned before this burning love must be countless. Good luck, Jabra!"
OOOOOOOF.

I hope you're right, man. It's just that he had such a big entrance and awesome introduction, I was kinda hoping that he'd have had his time to shine after defeating Whitebeard and taking his devil fruit. I'd like to have Blackbeard defeat Law then have Luffy come rescue him: that seems most likely, or at least that's what I hope, cuz again, I don't see why Blackbeard shouldn't be able to defeat Law.

Tekkai condenses your muscles so you can't move
Yeah muscle compression is key to WWs' teeth getting tougher from Tekkai, not some bad translation or anything like that...
This is same guy who was said twice, not by himself, but by others, that he could've become a commander priror to even eating any DF. In FMI he was said to have invaded WB's old territories via the Quake Fruit. This is an impressive W when you factor that the other Yonko were competing with the old geezer for his territories too in PH. TBF running away from Shanks wasn't as bad as running away from Akainu. Sengoku was still in battle shape & they could've ganged up on him.

This is same guy who was said twice, not by himself, but by others, that he could've become a commander priror to even eating any DF. In FMI he was said to have invaded WB's old territories via the Quake Fruit. This is an impressive W when you factor that the other Yonko were competing with the old geezer for his territories too in PH. TBF running away from Shanks wasn't as bad as running away from Akainu. Sengoku was still in battle shape & they could've ganged up on him.
He also stomped Marco. As in the same dude who clashed with Admirals and matched a punch from 1-Homie Big Mom.

IMG_9685.png

Why does Shanks' crew only have him?
Who made this?
Edit: I know where it came from and everything but who exactly made it

You still haven't explained the teeth part yourself. So Kaku morphing his neck into a rubix cube AFTER activating Tekkai doesn't count as moving to you? Or what Jabura really said about his Tekkai?
That's the anime + DF abilities might cancel that out + he could have been applying Tekkai after/during the cube technique.
Jabra was probably the only one actually moving with Tekkai.
The teeth part makes no sense.
Let's say it WAS Haki. Well, wouldn't we see the black shading or something?
WW has both Haki and Tekkai. This is specified. And like I said, Jinbe talks about the fact that they're different by sarcastically saying he used Tekkai when he used Armament.

That's the anime + DF abilities might cancel that out + he could have been applying Tekkai after/during the cube technique.
1.3 fair
The teeth part makes no sense.
It makes sense if you use the accurate translation that says nothing about that being Tekkai being muscle compression
Let's say it WAS Haki. Well, wouldn't we see the black shading or something?
WW has both Haki and Tekkai. This is specified. And like I said, Jinbe talks about the fact that they're different by sarcastically saying he used Tekkai when he used Armament.
Invisible Armament Haki is still a thing in the Post-Timeskip Era & you already conceed about that.
What does this have to do with what I said? When did I say those 2 were the same thing?

Invisible Armament Haki is still a thing in the Post-Timeskip Era & you already conceed about that.
What does this have to do with what I said? When did I say those 2 were the same thing?
Every time they used Armament in that fight it was visible.
It makes sense if you use the accurate translation that says nothing about that being Tekkai being muscle compression
My point is that it's not Haki though.

You know the fruit that makes you into a castle is gotta be one of the funniest fruit ideas in the world.

it’s cool but also a little silly

though which devil fruit is the silliest

The grab grab fruit from one piece odyssey is quite cool and unique, wish they showed more uses of it (I'm assuming they didn't since op wiki has just 2 showings of it)

Back