• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

I think the second match with Primebeard is invalid, Luffy should be either allowed to revive with Gear 5th or be allowed to enter that form at will.

There is no reason why he shouldn't be able to replicate what he did in canon, other than those arbitrary rules.

I think the second match with Primebeard is invalid, Luffy should be either allowed to revive with Gear 5th or be allowed to enter that form at will.
Think those matches were made pre gear 5...

Plus this thing about reviving is questionable with when he can do that, if he died as a kid... Would he revive? I think it's at least wano and above I think where he should be able to awaken and revive I feel like but idk

Plus primebeard still wins 🐵

Plus this thing about reviving is questionable with when he can do that, if he died as a kid... Would he revive? I think it's at least wano and above I think where he should be able to awaken and revive I feel like but idk
His revival comes from his awakening which happens to df users when their body & mind catch up with their df powers.

So yeah he wouldn't revive pre-wano and honestly unsure if he would revive anytime prior to his third fight with Kaidou.

Think those matches were made pre gear 5...

Plus primebeard still wins 🐵
He awakened because his mind caught up to his abilities, so don't listen to the people saying shit like " iF bUgGy SuCcEeDeD iN bEhEaDiNg HiM hE'd AwAkEn " because Kaidou him self says you need to have a mind akin to your abilities ( which may be why people like Whitebeard didn't awaken his fruit, he's not as destructive as it, he's a loving family man first ).
I agree that Primebeard still wins though, G5 has a stamina issue and even if PB plays fair and lets him regain his stamina he'll probably still lose unless he uses Bajrang Gun.

Someone should make an OP match take place in Settra the Imperishable, Great King, the Imperishable, Khemrikhara, The Great King of Nehekhara, King of Kings, Opener of the Way, Wielder of the Divine Flame, Punisher of Nomads, The Great Unifier, Commander of the Golden Legion, Sacred of Appearance, Bringer of Light, Father of Hawks, Builder of Cities, Protector of the Two Worlds, Keeper of the Hours, Chosen of Ptra, High Steward of the Horizon, Sailor of the Great Vitae, Sentinel of the Two Realms, The Undisputed, Begetter of the Begat, Scourge of the Faithless, Carrion-feeder, First of the Charnel Valley, Rider of the Sacred Chariot, Vanquisher of Vermin, Champion of the Death Arena, Mighty Lion of the Infinite Desert, Emperor of the Shifting Sands, He Who Holds The Sceptre, Great Hawk Of The Heavens, Arch-Sultan of Atalan, Waker of the Hierotitan, Monarch of the Sky, Majestic Emperor of the Shifting Sands, Champion of the Desert Gods, Breaker of the Ogre Clans, Builder of the Great Pyramid, Terror of the Living, Master of the Never-Ending Horizon, Master of the Necropolises, Taker of Souls, Tyrant to the Foolish, Bearer of Ptra's Holy Blade, Scion of Usirian, Scion of Nehek, The Great, Chaser of Nightmares, Keeper of the Royal Herat, Founder of the Mortuary Cult, Banisher of the Grand Hierophant, High Lord Admiral of the Deathfleets, Guardian of the Charnal Pass, Tamer of the Liche King, Unliving Jackal Lord, Dismisser of the Warrior Queen, Charioteer of the Gods, He Who Does Not Serve, Slayer off Reddittras, Scarab Purger, Favoured of Usirian, Player of the Great Game, Liberator of Life, Lord Sand, Wrangler of Scorpions, Emperor of the Dunes, Eternal Sovereign of Khemri's Legions, Seneschal of the Great Sandy Desert, Curserer of the Living, Regent of the Eastern Mountains, Warden of the Eternal Necropolis, Herald of all Heralds, Caller of the Bitter Wind, God-Tamer, Master of the Mortis River, Guardian of the Dead, Great Keeper of the Obelisks, Deacon of the Ash River, Belated of Wakers, General of the Mighty Frame, Summoner of Sandstorms, Master of all Necrotects, Prince of Dust, Tyrant of Araby, Purger of the Greenskin Breathers, Killer of the False God's Champions, Tyrant of the Gold Dunes, Golden Bone Lord, Avenger of the Dead, Carrion Master, Eternal Warden of Nehek's Lands, Breaker of Djaf's Bonds' Throne Room

He awakened because his mind caught up to his abilities, so don't listen to the people saying shit like " iF bUgGy SuCcEeDeD iN bEhEaDiNg HiM hE'd AwAkEn " because Kaidou him self says you need to have a mind akin to your abilities ( which may be why people like Whitebeard didn't awaken his fruit, he's not as destructive as it, he's a loving family man first ).
I agree that Primebeard still wins though, G5 has a stamina issue and even if PB plays fair and lets him regain his stamina he'll probably still lose unless he uses Bajrang Gun.
To add on to this, I think the reason he fully awakened is because of his sheer desire to liberate Wano from Kaido's tyranny, which allowed his mind to fully sync with his fruit.

I honestly think Luffy's revival/awakening was very situational and relied on tremendous stakes.

If Luffy just simply fought some random strong guy on a random island and died, he likely wouldn't have awakened and just stay dead.

I personally don't think that... He always were in the journey of finding the one piece and becoming pirate king... As well as being there for his crew

I don't think with whatever situation hes in would change him awakening from death or not

Hmm, if Burgess manages to kill him, his revival will take three days which means incap iirc. How quick does Jesus aura soothe a person? Cause if it's fast than Jesus likely just pacifies Burgess and then uses his Social Influence to basically make Burgess his follower.
If I recall, pretty damn fast IIRC

Are you saying that because you then think it would be to op for it to function like that or?

Remember... I'm on early wano so I don't fully know 🙈
Nah I just think that's the case cause Luffy is normally fine with dying (as seen with Loguetown) but in Wano he fully understands that him losing equals Wano's doom (his friends dying and the people of Wano being enslaved) so he fights with his absolute heart out.

Freedom is certainly the main aspect of who and what Nika is (Luffy's fruit), but another aspect of it is liberation and the desire to liberate those that are chained down, and while Luffy absolutely embodies aspect A (freedom) all the time, it's in Wano where aspect B (liberation) truly shines within Luffy at it's peak, and his mind becomes completely in sync with the fruit.

I won't say Luffy never desired to liberate other's (cause he has), it's just that Wano imo is whenever his desire to do so is at it's strongest. Combine this with his near perfected mastery of his DF at that moment and you get a recipe for awakening.

Last edited:
Nah I just think that's the case cause Luffy is normally fine with dying (as seen with Loguetown) but in Wano he fully understands that him losing equals Wano's doom (his friends dying and the people of Wano being enslaved) so he fights with his absolute heart out.

Freedom is certainly the main aspect of who and what Nika is (Luffy's fruit), another aspect of it is liberation and the desire to liberate those that are chained down, and while Luffy absolutely embodies aspect A (freedom) all the time, it's in Wano where aspect B (liberation) truly shines within Luffy at it's peak, and his mind becomes completely in sync with the fruit.

I won't say Luffy never desired to liberate other's (cause he has), it's just that Wano imo is whenever his desire to do so is at it's strongest. Combine this with his near perfected mastery of his DF at that moment and you get a recipe for awakening.
I don't it would be too OP, it's just that I don't think Luffy would awaken if he died to some random pirate joe out in the seas since he wouldn't have a burning desire to liberate anything at that moment.

Back