• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Shoutout to @KochengPutih for this but the idea that devil fruit users only have "limited" water weakness should be looked into.
It's pretty obvious that the One Piece earth's mother nature (as mother nature in OP is the sea) hates the devil fruits specifically for being evolutions that don't belong in it, this doesn't mean other verses' water should effect them anymore, only mother nature in their verse.

We're probably gonna get more lore about it from void century stuff but still- that's sounding like a verse-specific weakness now.

Yeah if the oceans of other verse doesn't act the same way as the one from the OP verse, then it likely has no effect on the DF users.

recalc it
Non canon 🤓
It's pretty obvious that the One Piece earth's mother nature (as mother nature in OP is the sea) hates the devil fruits specifically for being evolutions that don't belong in it, this doesn't mean other verses' water should effect them anymore, only mother nature in their verse.
What? Why?

From the way oda said it, it's from normal water

You talking about new info or??

Would quirk users get nulled? Mmm, likely not since it came natural to them...
In the One Piece verse's water specifically any "genetic" power that doesn't belong in the world through humanity's regular advancements (aka science) is hated by the ocean, so.. technically yeah. Quirk users are genetic evolutions just like devil fruit abilities after all.
Though it sounds like anything "unnatural" to OP World's nature is negged by the ocean

Once Base/Hybrid Lucci gets some scaling then I'll make some Lucci fights (like Zoro, King, Marco, and Yamato).
Y'know sometimes people mock me for having no restraint verbally but the fact I let you wank Lucci like this and don't bother even trying to correct you means I clearly do have control.
In the One Piece verse's water specifically any "genetic" power that doesn't belong in the world through humanity's regular advancements (aka science) is hated by the ocean, so.. technically yeah. Quirk users are genetic evolutions just like devil fruit abilities after all.
Though it sounds like anything "unnatural" to OP World's nature is negged by the ocean
Unfortunately that's just Vegapunk's theory but it has a lot of support.

Y'know sometimes people mock me for having no restraint verbally but the fact I let you wank Lucci like this and don't bother even trying to correct you means I clearly do have control.
What did I do?

I just said I wanted to make some fights against people that I personally feel are on his level

I mean the Marco fight seems like a good match
Others aren't very uh... fair.
If Lucci has at least one wincon, it still valid.

He can at least use Rokugan to bypass King's durability.

Yamato...yeah, even I feel this one is in Yamato's favor. She took 5 enraged Hao-Infused Hybrid hits and was relatively fine.

Zoro one could at least be fun.

You know, people crap on CP0, when it was literally stated that they fought Blackbeard and made him retreat.

And Guernica was one of the best of these guys, since he was viewed as an "elite agent/asset" whose "death" was considered a massive loss for the WG

You know, people crap on CP0, when it was literally stated that they fought Blackbeard and made him retreat.

And Guernica was one of the best of these guys, since he was viewed as an "elite agent/asset" whose "death" was considered a massive loss for the WG
Blackbeard always runs from random people. Also, that was after they had a short scuffle with the Revs, makes sense that they'd run.
If CP0 could take attacks from Blackbeard and hurt him then their best agent ( Lucci ) wouldn't get knocked out by 3 miniscule G5 attacks lol.

Blackbeard always runs from random people. Also, that was after they had a short scuffle with the Revs, makes sense that they'd run.
If CP0 could take attacks from Blackbeard and hurt him then their best agent ( Lucci ) wouldn't get knocked out by 3 miniscule G5 attacks lol.
Who says Lucci was the best CP0 agent?

Now that I think about it, it's funny how One Piece almost has the villain catching up instead of the MC like most shonen stories.
It's one of the reasons I don't think BB will be the final-final enemy

Luffy G5>>>Blackbeard though
He honestly does not have super impressive feats yet
Sure, but Luffy was just using the transformation, he didn't do anything but simply punch Lucci which knocked him out.
And do you really think a regular Dawn Whip is above a ( possibly Haki Infused ) Quake Fist?

Also, unfortunately, while Lucci's vivre card did say that he has repeatedly fought the Revolutionary army, it doesn't say which revolutionary members he fought, so we unfortunately can't say he fought the ones who Issho and Greenbull fought (like Sabo)

Same with CP0 vs Blackbeard's army (although Lucci is a mask-wearing CP0 agent so he is one of the elites).

I mean, if they really did hurt Issho and Greenbull and even gave them a run for their money, I don't see CP0 messing with them. So he couldn't have fought those members, at least not all at once.

Still wondering how strong Lindberg is, he's the most interesting for me besides Sabo and Dragon. I mean, he's a Mink, Scientist, Armament and Observation user, etc.

Apparently, Volume 4 Billion confirms that Kalifla and Blueno are also CP0 agents (lol screw Jabra), but they are confirmed to be lower-level and not have masks.

Yeah, but we have no idea how much of his theory is being based on what was there + we have no idea what exactly is in these books and if it even talks about the DFs.
Yep. It's why we're not trying to implement abstract existence for DFs, or the ocean weakness being specific, yet-
Waiting on actual lore that isn't his 'theory' for now.

Even though Oda himself said that the devil fruit secrets will be revealed when Vegapunk appears, so this could be what the author spoke about.

Yep. It's why we're not trying to implement abstract existence for DFs, or the ocean weakness being specific, yet-
Waiting on actual lore that isn't his 'theory' for now.
Yeah, also, i think his theory will not have that much to do with the VC btw, cause if he is right then DFs should be as old as dreams (human or not), so it doesn't really make much sense for them to start appear only 900 years ago.

Yeah, also, i think his theory will not have that much to do with the VC btw, cause if he is right then DFs should be as old as dreams (human or not), so it doesn't really make much sense for them to start appear only 900 years ago.
There's really no proof they only appeared 900 years ago, though.
Also the terms used for "all things" when describing devil fruits' and how they're brought by imagination is the same japanese word for "voice of all things" so their existence into the world can be through some sort of haki relation/discovery. Powerful humans with great haki concentrations making abstract things a reality through willpower
Like tot musica

There's really no proof they only appeared 900 years ago, though.
Yes, which is my point, i think Ohara's remaining books and even the Poneglyphs themselves don't have much info on the DFs, as they likely were a normal thing from thousands of years before the VC.

Ayo, damn near a year later I ask again
Tf would this fall under as an ability
stuff.png

Is this just AP? Biological manipulation? Matter manip? That mf got cut so clean he could put himself back together again a while after being cut right in half.

Back