• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Am I the only one who thinks people may be sleeping on Sengoku's power?

The dude restrained Garp in his base, implying his Base is comparable to Garp's at least, so there's a chance that his Zoan form could go even somewhat above Garp's!

There's a reason Roger viewed him as a worthy opponent!

on road to laugh tale volume 4 Buggy is on par with Mihawk, Xebec, Rayleigh, and Dragon WTF. oda is serious with this
mr-krabs-eyes.gif

The dude restrained Garp in his base, implying his Base is comparable to Garp's at least, so there's a chance that his Zoan form could go even somewhat above Garp's!
No... Garp himself literally even told him to not let me go... Plus even if it was a valid feat it would only count for lifting strength

Gear-5-4th-road-to-laughtale.jpg

Collection of Secret Settings
[Vol.4]

In the fourth volume of the collection of concept notes, we present the just-appeared "GEAR5" all at once!

GEAR5
This is Luffy's highest point! The shocking "Gear 5" setting collection!

Dramatic changes in "GEAR 5"! Various sketches that further emphasize Luffy's "Luffy-ness" exist!
Gear-5-4th-road-to-laughtale.jpg

Unpredictable! Free and Unconventional "Gear 5" Action Collection!

Luffy himself said, "I can do everything I wanted to do," and "Gear 5" is characterized by free actions that transcend common sense. Even his reactions to attacks change.

→Luffy's expression and back view as he takes on Kaidou, and there is also a note about the color, "pure white. It was decided that he would turn white when he activated his ability! / → "Gear 5" is a new type of action that is beyond the norm. It was already decided that the color would be white along with the color of the body! There is also a note about the color. The color of the figure is "pure white," and it shows Luffy's expression as he challenges Kaidou, as well as his face and the face of the two men who are about to attack him.
Gear-5-4th-road-to-laughtale.png

The word "giant" among others such as Nika and the sun god. There was also the idea that upon awakening, the body would become huge...!
Gear-5-4th-road-to-laughtale-png.jpg

Also detailed notes on ↑nica. The description "Imagination is power" and the disadvantages of animal-based awakening are of interest to me!

Last edited:
wait am i reading this wrong, is it saying luffys skin turns completely white aswell? or is it talking about the retconned version...

wait am i reading this wrong, is it saying luffys skin turns completely white aswell? or is it talking about the retconned version...
I like that ngl. It's how I always imagined G5 after the "pure white" comment by Yamato was made. He's basically like an old ass rubber hose style character both in actions and appearance

He was blocking attacks from King without Enma's Haki.
Durability
He blocked Hakai from Big Mom and Kaidou without any Haki at all.
Durability
He made Kaidou's body throb without any Haki.
Each of the scabbards did like twice that much damage to Kaido in their base forms, and Zoro needed Killer's help just to do that.
He badly damaged Apoo without any Haki.
Who was already weakened by Kid's Punk Gibson to a notable extent.
His durability feats from Big Mom and Kaidou didn't require Enma's Haki.
Ok, so he has 6-A dura, I'm not doubting that, but without Haoshoku Infusion or Enma (say it was knocked into the sea or something), he's Zoan Tobiroppo tier in regards to AP.

By the way; I thought that characters could still use invisible Haki even if they don't apply the visible hardening?

How are we to know that every feat without the visible hardening is done for sure without Haki? Maybe it is just explained by CIS or PIS, but it seems extremely weird that Zoro would be holding himself back by opting not to use Haki when fighting against the Emperors.

By the way; I thought that characters could still use invisible Haki even if they don't apply the visible hardening?

How are we to know that every feat without the visible hardening is done for sure without Haki? Maybe it is just explained by CIS or PIS, but it seems extremely weird that Zoro would be holding himself back by opting not to use Haki when fighting against the Emperors.
Law can use Koka and didn't on the emperors
The scabbards can all use Koka and didn't on the emperors until the unified hit
Yamato can use Koka, and didn't.
Big Mom can use Koka, and didn't.

Law can use Koka and didn't on the emperors
The scabbards can all use Koka and didn't on the emperors until the unified hit
Yamato can use Koka, and didn't.
Big Mom can use Koka, and didn't.
So doesn't it seem possible that they were using non-Koka Haki?

Isn't invisible haki mentioned everytime we (don't) see it though? (in mf it is, and with the kuja arrows). If it was invisible buso we'd likely get hinted at it since it's consistently been that way.

The translation is probably talking about the white clothing when it said body... The second version of the translation said body but the first one didn't, the first one is more accurately translated... Don't ask me why... 🙈 I just included the second version because it kinda made sense

MAN!!!!! Basically the second version is the version that is in order of the I think opposite way of the original since that how it took out the text, left to right... But then I forgot how to read Japanese texts so I included both versions... And I think the first translation is the right way to translate... MAN!!! I HATE EXPLAINING

Monkey.

予測不能!自由で変則的な“ギア5„アクション集!!

ルフィ自身が「おれのやりたかった事全部できる」と言った“ギア5"は、常識を超えた自由なアクションが特徴的。攻撃を受けた際のリアクションすら変化するのだ。

→カイドウに挑むルフィの表情と後ろ姿だが、そこには「まっ白」という、色についてのメモも。能力発動と共に白くなるのは決まっていた!?

Unpredictable! Free and Unconventional "Gear 5" Action Collection!

Luffy himself said, "I can do everything I wanted to do," and "Gear 5" is characterized by free actions that transcend common sense. Even his reactions to attacks change.

→Luffy's expression and back view as he challenges Kaidou, and there is also a note about the color, "pure white. It was decided that he would turn white when he activated his ability!
You know what... I'll just strike over the second version

Last edited:
Durability

Durability

Each of the scabbards did like twice that much damage to Kaido in their base forms, and Zoro needed Killer's help just to do that.

Who was already weakened by Kid's Punk Gibson to a notable extent.

Ok, so he has 6-A dura, I'm not doubting that, but without Haoshoku Infusion or Enma (say it was knocked into the sea or something), he's Zoan Tobiroppo tier in regards to AP.
Get ignored, scrub

So Luffy really being H-1A? Transcendence of Logic and Ominpotence.
I think it's talking ability wise where logic won't matter because of how free luffy feels/is... Like Reality Warping, Physics Manipulation or Law Manipulation

Also if you transcend that, is that 1-A? I don't think so...

All the blunt gear 5 luffy texts are translated... Need to also translate the non blunt text because for example there is these statement I found from the 4th image and stuff
Nika, god of the sun, everyone used to know and know himself as the one who made you smile. Liberation with its power

awakening itself.

Kankoma Souzou Kenkyoku (the power to create a new world)

power description zion planning

Back