• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

The problem is that we see lightning being used by non-haoshoku users,
We don't see the lightning similar to Haoshoku being used by non-haoshoku users.

The lightning from them don't give the sound effects, they don't apply outside of contact with others, and they don't affect a thing.

These Haoshoku lightning have different colors (gold, purple, and pink, then the red when it's not infused), only come up with Haoshoku using characters, and it's much larger than the others.
and i am sure "infusing" doesn't count as "flowing" btw.
Fair

What, haki will stop being spiritual energy and will be electrical energy now?
Made no sense
dbcd4xz-4ab33b03-6011-4b33-a91e-ea6d345ac4bb.png

Fire energy? Sorry😅

Last edited:
We don't see the lightning similar to Haoshoku being used by non-haoshoku users.

The lightning from them don't give the sound effects, they don't apply outside of contact with others, and they don't affect a thing.

These Haoshoku lightning have different colors (gold, purple, and pink, then the red when it's not infused), only come up with Haoshoku using characters, and it's much larger than the others.
I mean, visually they are similar IMO.

Agreed, but the way the lightning affects the surroundings isn't very lightning-like some times, for example when Luffy and Kata clashed their Hao it was more a shockwave than a lightning, same thing for Shanks' Hao when he meet Newgate, he just cracked a bit of the ship and idk if lightning should do just that to (high quality) wood.

I mean, the color being different doesn't help it being real lightning, why would it have so many colors if it's all just electricity? If it was the reverse and the spiritual energy had many colors there would be no problem, everyone has their own unique spirit or something like that, but instead electricity is a rainbow?

I do think haki will have lightning manipulation at some point because i think elemental haki is a thing, but haoshoku being lightning is really strange IMO.

Considering how haki of b haoshoku can be coated and manipulated in such a way, i think the lightning that comes off of it could probably/possibly be used offensively literally being "lightning spirit". in a scene, so i belive the person that believes it so

Is there any info about Shanks in Ace novel? Since I didn't read the novel many say it was Shanks who challenge Mihawn according to novel, it is true?

Is there any info about Shanks in Ace novel? Since I didn't read the novel many say it was Shanks who challenge Mihawn according to novel, it is true?
The Ace Novel? Shanks makes an appearance where he meets Ace. He is specifically signaled out as the most mysterious/unknown of the Yonko so no specifics about power level or history.

The Ace Novel? Shanks makes an appearance where he meets Ace. He is specifically signaled out as the most mysterious/unknown of the Yonko so no specifics about power level or history.
Oh thanks for clarfy, is there any website to read the novel? I've heard the official is already out

Random thought that popped into my mind.

Since Obv Haki allows its user to predict attacks and evade them faster than it can hit you and for advanced users they can see the future.

For a guy like Kizaru wouldn't he basically have FTL reactions with Obv Haki?

This just came to me rn and I'm wondering if anyone else thought of this and what was the argument against it?

You guys believe the chance Hancock get arrested is because Coby has strong back up?

There's no way Akainu just send him to capture her consider she's the one of strong Shichibukai.

Not disrespect about Coby though even he's getting strong.

There's no way Akainu just send him to capture her consider she's the one of strong Shichibukai.

Coby obviously wasn't being sent in to singlehandedly capture her. He was part of an entire fleet approaching Amazon Lily.

Since Obv Haki allows its user to predict attacks and evade them faster than it can hit you and for advanced users they can see the future.

This just came to me rn and I'm wondering if anyone else thought of this and what was the argument against it?
No one?

Meh, it's precog or even future sight in some cases so it does not really have a speed value, but yeah it's pretty much the same as FTL reactions since they are really close to lightspeed even without it.

Back