• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Gear 5th Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of these feats may not count as toon force if we conveniently remove all context and visualization, but they all are done in a funny way, that’s the limitation.

None of them are toon force except maybe running on air.
Toon force is funny reality warping, which this is not.
If you want toon force from this point on, make your own CRT.

Well the thing is ToonForce doesn't really have a "context" to begin with. With Luffy here we can tell he's doing all this thanks to his rubber physiology.

The funny faces have yet to be explained though- I'm speculating it's a form of "freedom" and "flexibility" that the ability gives the world around it. If that ever gets stated then you can genuinely have toonforce, but for now we'll chalk it up to Oda art style choice

None of them are toon force except maybe running on air.
Toon force is funny reality warping, which this is not.
If you want toon force from this point on, make your own CRT.
Clear examples of breaking natural laws and physics with minimal effort or sensible explanation everywhere even if by minor amounts if compared to Dr. Manhattan and other Gods.

But now we have a paradox, there are levels to reality warping but at what point is it too insignificant to be worthy of being thought as changing reality? Doing inexplicable things for the sake of being funny or doing stuff that just happens to become funny now matter what you do is not enough?

I expected you to say that even though I’m on topic, i can’t be bothered to create one but if someone wants to there is clearly an argument.

Cause there's no argument, you think any ability that doesn't follow the real world is physics.

Breaking the laws of physics is easy in fiction. Changing them is what makes it so special. Luffy doesn't change anything.

I'm tired of the toon force point, and this thread isn't gonna be derailed for an ability that I didn't even request

This does not happen. Luffy never displayed this in the fight.
1045-017.png
1045-018.png
1046-004.png

He turns their outsides to rubber, then punches them from the outside, hitting their insides

Iirc Transmutation by default already ignores durability.

Also you could argue G5 has Enhanced Attack Reflection via having a greater rubber body than before and base Luffy has attack Reflection already.

Also Buso Haki has resistance to Transmutation correct? If so wouldn't G5 also get Enhanced Transmutation since it overcame Kaido's Haki resistance?

1045-017.png
1045-018.png
1046-004.png

He turns their outsides to rubber, then punches them from the outside, hitting their insides
He's turning everything into rubber.
oof

now thinking about it, it explains why they stretch all the way through

but it'd still be dura neg so meh
It would not be durability negation. Stretching everything still means the outside is what's taking damage. This is never stated to be durability negation nor even implied to be. That's basically saying kaido took a durability negating full power punch from a comparable opponent directly to the brain and ate it which is bull.

Iirc Transmutation by default already ignores durability.
yee
Also you could argue G5 has Enhanced Attack Reflection via having a greater rubber body than before and base Luffy has attack Reflection already.
"all abilities before enhanced"
Also Buso Haki has resistance to Transmutation correct?
not that i know of
He's turning everything into rubber.

It would not be durability negation. Stretching everything still means the outside is what's taking damage.
If you stretch somebody then step on them, their organs get hit. Their brain gets hit. If you are punching through somebody, their body is getting hit.
This is never stated to be durability negation nor even implied to be.
It's shown, which is good enough
That's basically saying kaido took a durability negating full power punch from a comparable opponent directly to the brain and ate it which is bull.
"which is bull" do you not know how much damage he took this arc?

G5 also get Enhanced Transmutation since it overcame Kaido's Haki resistance?
Or resistance negation? Awakening in general seems to ignore resistance when it's applicable to the opponent. Kidd can magnify BM. Law can penetrate Big Mom pause via Kroom, a "Room" on the sword, even though his regular Room shouldn't work.
And Luffy can rubberify Kaido.

Awakening just seems to ignore or surpass the Haki defense/negation

I agree with this, All in the OP looks Good. I disagree with Toon Force things from what we have seen it's not enough to say it's a Toon Force

Resurrection
Agree: UchihaSlayer96, Therefir, CloverDragon03
Disagree: SamanPatou
Neutral:
Limited: Antvasima
Possible:
Likely: DemonGodMitchAubin, Damage3245

Last edited:
BTW i believe luffy did turn lightning into rubber coz here you can see him bounces and made it dent (Middle right) https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_tcb_1047_008.png

Saying "possible" or "likely" for ressurection is entirely unnecessary. He was dead. He was revived by the fruit. Plain and simple.
This doesn't mean he can get revived from getting cut in half, blown apart or losing his head- but it seems so long as his body is intact and he just DIES, he can be ressurected. Unless that condition warrants a "limited" then there's no reason.

If we used " likely '' for Resurection then I will wait for '' Luffy is Likely dead before he did Resurection" arguments.

Yeah, I would say Luffy's Literally dead, Rather than Luffy Likely dead.
You say Luffy's dead. Law says Luffy's dead. Marco says Luffy's dead. Kaido says Luffy's dead. LUFFY SAYS LUFFY'S DEAD.
A fellow guy with the voice of all things says Luffy's dead, too. Idk what there is to "prove" when the whole chapter was centered around it

You say Luffy's dead. Law says Luffy's dead. Marco says Luffy's dead. Kaido says Luffy's dead. LUFFY SAYS LUFFY'S DEAD.
A fellow guy with the voice of all things says Luffy's dead, too. Idk what there is to "prove" when the whole chapter was centered around it
Cause he wasn’t fully… Dead, he came back and we did not know if he was fully dead or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back