• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Gear 5th Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's four in favor of full and four not in favor of full, technically.

Or it is possible they were just mistaken about him being dead because he was so close to death
How is that "possible"? Based on what exactly? With how the mechanics work, just being alive, regardless if your heart is stopped, is enough to emit your voice, so their Kenbun would have to essentially be inaccurate for this to be possible.
When was that ever the case? Especially with Kaidou having Advanced Kenbun.

Kaidou's words is due to his ignorance on the ressurection itself. He was certain he was dead.
I agree with full-on ressurrection.

I agree with resurrection here based on the arguments presented by Tempest and Snooks.

though I would like to point out that we don't consider what Enel did resurrection, at least according to his profile.

I agree with resurrection here based on the arguments presented by Tempest and Snooks.

though I would like to point out that we don't consider what Enel did resurrection, at least according to his profile.
I was actually about to write that (life lol).
Enel's ability is actually a named technique and he was aware of his state while doing it.

Luffy flat out died and his fruit did what it did on its own

Yea, if your heart stops technically you are still alive, but you will die in minutes if it doesn’t start back up again. I think Possible resurrection works best

Yea, if your heart stops technically you are still alive, but you will die in minutes if it doesn’t start back up again. I think Possible resurrection works best
That's the thing, this isn't about just his heart.
It's about his "voice" disappearing. That means his spirit was literally undetectable.

Luffy's Life-Force was gone, G5's ress definitely isn't limited.

Also is there really any proof of this Resurrection being limited to only 1 time? That seems unfounded, and if anything as long as Luffy has access to his Drums of Liberation then he can revive himself given that he nearly died upon the deactivation of G5, and after using his DoL he was able to restore himself back to health. His Resurrection is directly ties to his Drums of Liberation, which can revive Luffy and restore his stamina.

I really don't see how this is "limited." or even limited to it being done once. Obviously this won't cover him being vaporized, etc.

Shit you could even argue that this is type 8 immortality as he's essentially reliant on his Drums of Liberation in order to resurrect.

That's the thing, this isn't about just his heart.
It's about his "voice" disappearing. That means his spirit was literally undetectable.
Yeah everyone keeps bringing up surgical issues when nobody brought it up. We're talking about the man's aura.

The man's aura was gone. It wasn't on a low volume, it wasn't hard to hear, it was completely gone. It was silent. Luffy was dead surgically (by a doctor who sensed him dead) and spiritually.
Also is there really any proof of this Resurrection being limited to only 1 time? That seems unfounded, and if anything as long as Luffy has access to his Drums of Liberation then he can revive himself given that he nearly died upon the deactivation of G5, and after using his DoL he was able to restore himself back to health. His Resurrection is directly ties to his Drums of Liberation, which can revive Luffy and restore his stamina.

I really don't see how this is "limited." or even limited to it being done once. Obviously this won't cover him being vaporized, etc.

Shit you could even argue that this is type 8 immortality as he's essentially reliant on his Drums of Liberation in order to resurrect.
ngl this is facts

and spiritually.
Emphasis on this. Haki=Spirit
It's literally an extension of the soul itself. They stopped sensing the guy's LITERAL SOUL. Not a clinical based death where the heart stops but he's technically not dead.
I can understand if we didn't have the context but what was given to us is being ignored flat out

If anything it should be Resurrection & Limited Type 8. (If killed in battle Luffy will be revived in his Gear 5th state. Is reliant on his Drums of Liberation, as long as his Drums of Liberation play he can resurrect himself and restore his stamina.)

Wait...
So it is kinda limited ress, as it can be negged if one destroys his heart. But it'd be limited in that sense
Mhmm. It is, but not really.
The heart destruction condition can be added between brackets, because the ress is still true ress from death.

Mhmm. It is, but not really.
The heart destruction condition can be added between brackets, because the ress is still true ress from death.
It is still bound to a condition (have a heart), so it should be noted as limited imo. Yes, it's a very "circumventable" limitation, but one regardless. Much like "ressurrection as long as you hold this ring", or things similar to this principle. (Although far more vital to Luffy's case)

I won't vouch for limited Ress due to that if the opposite is allowed, though.

It is still bound to a condition (have a heart), so it should be noted as limited imo. Yes, it's a very "circumventable" limitation, but one regardless. Much like "ressurrection as long as you hold this ring", or things similar to this principle. (Although far more vital to Luffy's case)

I won't vouch for limited Ress due to that if the opposite is allowed, though.
The limited aspect can be covered by the addition of limited type 8 tbh.
Ressurection: Limited by type 8 immortality: So long as his body is intact and his heart isn't destroyed, he can be revived and have his stamina restored by his Heart playing the drums of liberation.

Something like that?

Last edited:
The only time he resurrected was when he first awakened and became joyboy. Every other time (which admittedly is like once or twice) he's went into that "joy boy" state/gear 5 he didn't have to do. So there's clearly some form of special circumstance going on that puts me a little wary to 100% that he can just ressurect whenever he wants. Since even Kaido's warning him that he'd die if he continued acting so reckless with his body (and if he could just resurrect why would he warn him?).

If he could just ress every time he "dies" or is close to dying by rebeating his heart, why on Earth would Kaido tell him to relax before he would kill himself accidentally. It's clearly not some full restore homies.

If he could just ress every time he "dies" or is close to dying by rebeating his heart, why on Earth would Kaido tell him to relax before he would kill himself accidentally. It's clearly not some full restore homies.
Maybe because kaidou does not know the full mechanics behind it

Kaidou already has the knowledge that he has indeed resurrected once already. It's not like Kaidou's bumfuck stupid and the fact Luffy concurs with his message already hints to its validity. Unless you want to say that Luffy doesn't even know the full mechanics behind it and thus his statement is also invalid.

i think limited resurrection works best since, besides minor vagueness, we don't know if Luffy can actually do it again.

The only time he resurrected was when he first awakened and became joyboy. Every other time (which admittedly is like once or twice) he's went into that "joy boy" state/gear 5 he didn't have to do. So there's clearly some form of special circumstance going on that puts me a little wary to 100% that he can just ressurect whenever he wants. Since even Kaido's warning him that he'd die if he continued acting so reckless with his body (and if he could just resurrect why would he warn him?).
Resurrection is the ability to revive oneself or others after they have died. Often, characters can do one or the other, not both, but others can perform both.

I've genuinely not seen a more asinine comment in the entire time ive been at the wiki. Maybe try and assert anything so i can respond to you.

I've genuinely not seen a more asinine comment in the entire time ive been at the wiki. Maybe try and assert anything so i can respond to you
I thought you would understand that when I quote the ressurection things, Luffy's abilities are very well described in the Resurrection Page, there's no limit that it's approved if it's done more than 1 time. Luffy revives himself and is confirmed by the Resurrection Page.

I thought you would understand that when I quote the ressurection things, Luffy's abilities are very well described in the Resurrection Page
Who said he couldn't have res
there's no limit that it's approved if it's done more than 1 time.
The standards are vague, which is why i posited my argument as a question.
Luffy revives himself and is confirmed by the Resurrection Page.
Well thank you captain obvious?
I've genuinely not seen a more asinine comment in the entire time ive been at the wiki.
Well you can scratch out this comment, because this one definetly takes the cake (am i being too mean by saying that?)

Because G5 is has a very limited amount of time it can be used, if he can't enter G5 then he can't resurrect. Kaido was obviously talking about him dying after G5 wears off, which he nearly did after G5 wore off but used it to restore his stamina right afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back