• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Gear 5th Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Will Be Added When Luffy Gets His Gear 5th Stuff on His Profile

Transformation, Resurrection and Awakened Power (When Luffy was killed in battle by Kaidou, he was revived in his Gear 5th form, which he refers to as the "Pinnacle of what he can do". His hair and clothes are turned white and he gains greater physical strength. He can reactivate this form by forcing his heart to pump more blood in the beat of a drum. It appears to be a one time resurrection)
Flight (Can run on air)
Transmutation (Can turn the environment to rubber, allowing him to bounce off of it as he wishes, akin to a Paramecia Awakening. Is capable of turning other creatures into rubber, as he made Kaidou's body elastic. Turning a lightning bolt into rubber.)
Attack Reflection (By turning the environment to rubber, he can use it as a shield which can redirect attacks by flapping the rubber structure after it has caught a projectile. This is shown to even work against blasts like Kaidou's Boro Breath)
Size Manipulation and Large Size (Type 2; Capable of changing his size easier than before in a shape akin to Gear 3rd, but without requiring to inhale air. He can quickly grow his hands to extremely large proportions in order to grab large creatures. He is also capable of growing his entire body to large proportions)
Minor Durability Negation (Can attack the insides of somebody's body by making their outsides rubbery, allowing him to strike the insides of somebody's body through the outside)
Electricity Manipulation (Lightning radiates off of his hand with his Bajrang Gun)
Stamina Manipulation (When drained from all of his stamina, while using his Gear 2nd bloodflow pump, he can send more blood to his heart, allowing his "Drums of Liberation" heartbeat to recover his stats)
Body Control and Damage Reduction (Luffy is also capable of increasing the muscles in his body without blowing air into his limbs like he does with Gear 3rd and 4th. He can also morph his body to fit the shapes of people's physical attacks, effectively reducing damage)

His base should get
Non-Physical Interaction (Can freely interact with lightning)

Last edited:
Can I get the scans/chapter for these specifically, I know he ran tho.
1044-004.png

Curious on the Damage Reduction aspect in the OP. How is increasing the muscles in his body without blowing air into his limbs like he does with Gear 3rd and 4th Damage Reduction if I may ask

And where is dat Toon Force

Don't agree on ressurection, unless luffy was confirmed dead and i forgot.

I also don't understand the dura negg . Making things rubbery should make them more durable to blunt attacks, like luffy himself. If it was only the surface that made into rubber to hit the non rubber insides, Kaido should be dead when he got punched in the face.

I also agree with everything except for resurrection.

unless there's confirmation he was actually dead, we shouldn't give him Resurrection.
Don't agree on ressurection, unless luffy was confirmed dead and i forgot.
except for resurrection
Let me explain this for the people who don't understand.

Screen_Shot_2022-05-16_at_5.06.04_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2022-05-16_at_5.08.25_PM.png
Luffy's voice was gone.

In One Piece, people emit a voice just by being alive, and Kenbunshoku Haki users can sense that voice.
Screen_Shot_2022-03-10_at_10.20.34_PM.png

Disappearing voices mean that people are dying.

Luffy's voice going out means he's dead.
This isn't speculation, it's the mechanic of the verse.

True Flight (Can fly, walk, and run on air)
Couldn't this just be him midway jumping?
Would this not work better?
Screenshot_1.png

You even get SFX for it as if he's on solid ground

He could have just been in a near-death state.
He flat out died. Kaido heard his heart stop and multiplie kenbunshoku users who can detect life noted his "voice" died out entirely. His heart only restarted when he was awakening (with heartbeat sfx for it)

Let me explain this for the people who don't understand.

Screen_Shot_2022-05-16_at_5.06.04_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2022-05-16_at_5.08.25_PM.png
Luffy's voice was gone.

In One Piece, people emit a voice just by being alive, and Kenbunshoku Haki users can sense that voice.
Screen_Shot_2022-03-10_at_10.20.34_PM.png

Disappearing voices mean that people are dying.

Luffy's voice going out means he's dead.
This isn't speculation, it's the mechanic of the verse.
Fair then , i retract my ressurection doubts.

Could you explain to me the reasoning for dura negg ?

I'm still neutral because while I see the point from a mechanics point of view, I'd prefer solid confirmation that Luffy was 100% dead and not just mistakan for dead.

He flat out died. Kaido heard his heart stop and multiplie kenbunshoku users who can detect life noted his "voice" died out entirely. His heart only restarted when he was awakening (with heartbeat sfx for it)

Technically speaking a person's heart stopping doesn't mean they're dead. The Haki users not sensing Luffy's voice is a good point which is why I'm not against Resurrection, just neutral.

Would this not work better?
Screenshot_1.png

You even get SFX for it as if he's on solid ground
For running, but that isn't true flight
Screen_Shot_2022-05-16_at_5.14.11_PM.png
Yup.
Fair then , i retract my ressurection doubts.

Could you explain to me the reasoning for dura negg ?
It's minor, he's allowing himself to hit the insides of Kaidou's body by making the outside malleable but keeping the insides intact

It's like turning a brick wall into rubber in order to hit something on the other side without breaking the wall

I'm still neutral because while I see the point from a mechanics point of view, I'd prefer solid confirmation that Luffy was 100% dead and not just mistakan for dead.
People who can sense those who are alive and are dead and think that they're dead should have the most authority on someone who is dead or not, especially the killer (who thought he was dead), the person who assisted the killer (was told to kill Luffy, and was killed for it), and the victim (who thought he was dead)

The effect he has on people around him? What about him being burned to crisp then being completely fine a panel later on multiple occasions? and, ahem, the toon force?1?

It's minor, he's allowing himself to hit the insides of Kaidou's body by making the outside malleable but keeping the insides intact

It's like turning a brick wall into rubber in order to hit something on the other side without breaking the wall
Well yes, but how do you know that it only work on the surface ? Because if it was only the surface of the body that was made into rubber, kaido would have died when luffy's punch went through his head ,destroying his brain. This show that the whole body part become rubber and so should become resistant to blunt attacks, like luffy himself.

What about him being burned to crisp then being completely fine a panel later on multiple occasions? and, ahem, the toon force?1?
That's-- actually a good question.
There are two occasions where he's burned to a crisp and is fine the next page/panel. Isn't that some sort of regen? (It goes hand in hand with Zoan regeneration anyway, just likely better)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back