• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread

@Damage

His first attack in Gear Second obviously damaged Moriah and forced him to eject some shadows. It also knocked him back and caused his eyes to temporarily go all white. After two or three Jet Bazookas, he was looking dazed and almost lost consciousness and was ejecting shadows fast. He'd have been knocked out if Luffy continued his assault, but he used Brick Bat to gain a reprieve.

But yeah, he only lost consciousness after the building fell on him. Maybe I should re-watch the fight, but I only just watched it this Sunday...

I've been focusing on post time-skip a lot more than pre time-skip, but here's basically what each tier scales from.

8-A: Either Crocodile's Spada feat, or CP9 members (Kalifa), who in turn scale from Rob Lucci's 4000 Doriki. Kaku and Jyabura are 2200 and 2180 respectively.

Low 7-C: Luffy's Golden Rifle feat, which is 1.2KT. Rob Lucci scales for being stronger than Luffy while both are in Base.

At least Low 7-C: Characters that are shown drastically superior to Base Luffy. The Pacifista, for example.

7-C: Scaling from Gekko Moriah's Town level feat and from Luffy's Gear 3rd.

Pre time-skip keys and profiles need to be updated. I didn't even realize Luffy had "Town level when dealing with blunt trauma"... That shouldn't be part of his stats. His Gear 3rd should be listed as Town level scaling from Oars and Gekko Moriah. His durability should probably stay the same.

Most people went like "Gear 5th this, Gear 5th that". Boi, I called it from the START that Gear 4th was going to have multiple animal variants. With this confirmation, I am CERTAIN that there is going to be a Rhino and Lion version for enhancing Busoshoku and Haoshoku respectively.

@Cin

You thinking this because of the animals he trained against?.

@Lord - for the most part, yes.I was wondering what he'd display first, and it looks like a form to enhance his Observation Haki. That will be Snakeman.

Lion has to exist due to the fact that it is the symbol of a King, which represents Haoshoku Haki and Luffy's drive to become King of the Pirates.

You may have something there. I feel victim to the Gear 5 Hype that is all over the Internet, especially YouTube. I was just like "There is no way Luffy can do this without Gear 5, their just to strong for him it's it's insane". Yet your thing actually might be true.

@Lord - The advantage Katakuri has over Luffy (other than natural DF powers, which is mitigated by Buso anyways) that has been emphasized throughout this fight is Kenbunshoku Haki. a Gear 5th transformation vs a Yonko may become reality, but it doesn't seem necessary in this arc when Gear 4th is competent enough to put him in the same general area as a Commander. If he can make Kenbunshoku Haki into an advantage for himself, Luffy's victory against Katakuri is almost guaranteed.

True.

I was in the Gear 5 Hype because it took Gear 4 to beat Cracker and they said Katakuri was stronger and they still had Big Mom and Kido. I agree it's a possibility for the Yonko but I usually think to much when the next strong guy shows up.

Either way I actually enjoy reading One Piece and need to take the time and read more, Oda's characters are interesting.

Question tho, what's the Marines up to right now?, Haven't heard much of anything from them.

They are preparing for the Reverie, which is the world conference. MANY world Nobles will attend, the Navy will attend (Fujitora and Greenbull will be there, at least), which means Akainu and other notable marine figures are certainly going to arrive. They would also need security seeing as how this is a very VERY important event that will have the people with the highest authority in a single area.

@Oishi - Unknown. Perhaps from absorbing juices, or she was naturally that large, but juiced her own body to maintain a ~5 meter height similar to Katakuri.

Perhaps Smoothie is scientifically enhanced to be that size, unless of course the nature of her DF allows for her to grow in size?

@Cin

A lot of stuff definitely seems to be going down, Big Mom's assassination looks very serious.

Definitely gotta read early One Piece.

Future fights by the end of this arc that I'm expecting:

Bege vs Perospero OR Carrot vs Perospero (assuming Big Mom doesn't kill him first)

Jinbei vs Smoothie (Water against Juice)

Sanji vs Oven (Fire vs Heat)

Carrot vs Daifuku

Luffy vs Snack (after defeating Katakuri) OR Sanji vs Snack (Gotta get dat Sanji upgrade)

When Pica's voice gets dubbed, will he be voiced by Josh Martin (the English voice of Majin Buu)? In fact, did the manga state Pica had an annoying voice.

No. Anyone who isn't capable of feeling lust is unaffected, but if she somehow got a blind person to be seduced by her voice or think anything dirty, her beam would petrify him.

How could a blind person be seduced by her LOOKS if the person is BLIND? The reason Boa Hancock can seduce anything is because "men like her looks, while females are jealous of her".

I did, I'm trying to be more critical of a thinker. I'm saying people are seduced by her because of her looks. A blind person cannot see that.

They just need to have wicked thoughts. Like thinking about touching her, or being aroused by her. The only time people were unaffected are when they are thinking about pain or are scared.

Speaking on these gear fourth variants, I like the whole idea about different forms improving haki, however I dont think snakemans gonna improve his observation, I feel like its going to improve his speed but he knew he needed to improve his observation through combat first because it doesnt matter if he can match or slightly overwhelm katakuris speed if kata has a five second head start. but now that luffy too can get a peek in the future hes gonna try to blitz him

Can someone tell me what's special about Haoshoku Haki? It seems to be the most hyped, but from what I've seen in the series and online forums, it only works on absolute fodder.

Surely, there must be something special about it.

It's the rarest and denotes one as having qualities worthy of being a king.

It's basically a giant flag over your head indicating that you're important and powerful.

Oh, yeah. I know that. Maybe I should have specified, but I mean combat wise. Like, has it been used on comparable opponents currently?

It's been used during battles by characters that both have it, but it seems to only affect their surroundings / anyone in the nearby vicinity. Of course, if you're a strong guy but you have a weak will, then it will still affect you.

I think it's safe to say there is absolutely no chance of Luffy fighting Big Mom in the current arc.

I was just wondering because I unintentionally saw some spoilers concerning the latest chapter in a forum today, and someone said that it feels like the right time for Luffy to fight Big Mom (referring to the current arc), or for Big Mom to be taken down by the World Government.

I don't remember the reasons he listed, but it seemed to make sense to me. Though I'm still at Fishman Island. Lol.

Back