• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread

Burning Full Fingers said:
I've been seeing people saying One Piece is going to shit, and Dressrosa / WCI seem to be particularly disliked.

Also, the post-timeskip Sanji hate...damn.
Dressrosa, I can see. Whole Cake Island not really I feel. RogersBase is one of the only people who review the anime and feels is helping the anime since the arc involves singing, which cannot be shown in manga. Also I know some YouTubers who are continuing the anime like Chibireviews and JoyBoy.

Waiting for Smoothie to do something = waste of time.

@Oishi - Like I said, the display for Oven and Daifuku was incredibly washed out, and what you said doesn't really support how a random crew could just attack the Big Mom pirates on their home turf in the first place. Maybe if they noted that there was a man with a reasonably high bounty involved, I'd buy it, but these are just fodder and nothing more.

@Yoh - That's not the point, and I'll even argue against that.

They managed to get as far as they did is the issue.

In regards to what you said, There was no implication from these raiders that they cared about Jigra or his father. They just went in like "Let's sell their organs :p"... They didn't even show the slightest bit of concern with Jigra being killed. Add that onto the fact that Jigra tried to storm the place by himself.

Horrendous writing.

CinCameron20 said:
Waiting for Smoothie to do something = waste of time.

@Oishi - Like I said, the display for Oven and Daifuku was incredibly washed out, and what you said doesn't really support how a random crew could just attack the Big Mom pirates on their home turf in the first place. Maybe if they noted that there was a man with a reasonably high bounty involved, I'd buy it, but these are just fodder and nothing more.
1. A. Do we even know if these people have bounties? Stussy works there and she doesn't have one because she's an Aegis 0 member. Maybe they the fighters have no bounties

Code:
 B. Bounties =/= power level (makes me wonder about Smoothie and why she's a threat to World Government more than Cracker)
2. Maybe it shows how strong fighters in the Underworld can be.

3. There is something called show don't tell. The fact they are there shows how strong they are since they are capable of getting that far. Even if they are fodder, that doesn't mean they can't be strong. It just means they're not important to the main story. Heck, there's a freaking wolf Mink in the group. Wasn't it stated Minks are capable fighters even as an infant?

CinCameron20 said:
@Yoh - That's not the point, and I'll even argue against that.

They managed to get as far as they did is the issue.

In regards to what you said, There was no implication from these raiders that they cared about Jigra or his father. They just went in like "Let's sell their organs :p"... They didn't even show the slightest bit of concern with Jigra being killed. Add that onto the fact that Jigra tried to storm the place by himself.

Horrendous writing.
Maybe they don't have to care. Maybe they went for selfish reasons and Jigra helped led them there.

I do think they are stupid to invade a Yonko territory in a special event. Maybe they want to gamble their lives to gain as much profit as possible.

mink infants can fight. nobody knows his true devil fruit power because he always hid in a single biscuit soldier. they thought he can only multiply his limbs

@Oishi - the issue is that you are trying to find excuses for their actions when there's simply nonsense in that entire scene. If you are forced into having to find several reasons to explain why they "might" be doing this, it's still very bad writing.

Jigra's recklessness makes sense, but he still had tactical foresight to sneak his people in, yet decided to attack without them when it would mean death.

The raiders kept talking about selling their organs, and never once went like "Holy shit, they killed Jigra!" whether or not they were dismayed or indifferent about it.

It just didn't make sense, and if it needs over-explaining to do so, that's ridiculous.

Also, this thread is basically at 500 responses. I'll make a new discussion thread.

Back