• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eleven Sabaody Archipelago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it will supposedly have a budget beyond Game of Thrones, and the people involved will likely genuinely try their best, so I have hope at least, which is better than nothing.

After using the link Ant provided, I found what I was looking for.

https://rawmanga.top/One_Piece/VOLUME_074/59

I translated the kanji (ÒâÅÒé»ÒâÉ Òü»Òüò ÒéëÒü½ÒüØÒü«ÕÇìÕ╝À Òüä…!!!) with Google translate and Bastille does say "Hakuba is twice as strong…!!!" Not "And Hakuba's twice the fighter he is." like in the Viz translation.

In the spoilers for this chapter I found on Oro Jackson, a direct translation of the scans that was copied and pasted from Arlong Park says the same thing:

More from Aohige

The Vice Admiral explains to the marine... Caven turns into Hakuba while daydreaming. Hakuba is Cavendish's other personality.

When Hakuba first commited crime and fled to the sea, Cavendish became a pirate. The marine feels sorry for Caven, but the VA tells him Caven is enjoying this situation, do not give him mercy.

Cavendish is a genius swordsman to begin with, and Hakuba is twice as strong as Caven. Unfortunately the fact he falls asleep when Hakuba comes out, worked against him in this tournament format...

And there's also this.

Considering it's an important statement, I think Hakuba being 2x stronger than Cavendish should be noted in the reasoning for Hakuba's current rating.

Twice as powerful or twice as dangerous? They are not necessarily the same thing.

Antvasima said:
Twice as powerful or twice as dangerous? They are not necessarily the same thing.
Except for the Viz translation, all the others I brought up are referring to his strength. Not how dangerous he is.

1) Was Alita a live adaptation of a manga/anime? This is my first hearing that.

2) Thanks. But before I do the edit, I better make sure both Damage and Calaca agree with it.

@Kobster I've already left a message on both of their walls and now I'm waiting for their response. Also, while it does seem like a 2x multiplier with Hakuba to me, I'll leave that for the experts like Damage and Calaca to decide. Along with if this upgrades Hakuba.

@Js250476 I was honestly so focus on trying to prove that Bastille's statement about Hakuba was referring to him being 2x stronger than Cavendish that I actually didn't consider what this could mean for Robin. Again, I'll leave that up for Damage and Calaca to decide.

Well, like I said in my message wall, if the raws talk about strength then it's pretty straight forward. Hakuba has no anti-feats against the Low 7-B characters since he defeated his whole pack of enemies in the Colliseum, stomped Dellinger and even pressured Gladius to the point of having him fearing Hakuba.

The only one who would scale is Robin since she stopped him. Barto scales higher with his barriers already so it's not necessary but it's a supporting feat for him.

I doubt Big Mom and Kaido's clash would amount to anything above their scaling to Whitebeard's AP boost, but I was wondering if it was calc'd at all.

Would be really pathetic if the second commander of White ************* Beard couldn't even use Busoshuko Haki.

It'd definitely be higher actually. The first case it's low because the overture in the clouds was really small and comparable to the Moby Dick.

In this case we have a bigger hole above an island.

It can't be calced yet tho. Onigashima's size is still unknown so we can't say how big the overture actually is.

Honestly kinda weird Ace doesn't have all 3 types of haki but that could be due to being introduced during the story when haki wasn't fully explored.

I mean, the way the story implies is that Ace didn't have to put too much effort when it comes to fighting after obtaining and mastering his fruit power.

Jack didn´t seemed to be that hurt by Zunesha´sattack, so he should scale to some degree, I just dont know to which degree.

Js250476

That's great, the possibility of Yonko Commander's getting upgrading to 6-C increases ever so slightly.

Going into another topic, if Calacas thread goes through and characters have to resist empathetic manip to resist Haoshoku, would that become One pieces version of "Reiatsu crush gg"?

Kinda. A lot more limited since it's not passive, in-character and reduced to a few characters only.

Wouldn't Jack have withstood only a small part of the attack, given the size of the trunk?

Antvasima said:
Wouldn't Jack have withstood only a small part of the attack, given the size of the trunk?
Do we usually ignore that? There are a bunch of character here that are scaled from far larger characters.

Wander's from Shadow of The Colossus scale from the Colossi, despire be far smaller than them.

So as long we are sure the smaller character can indeed survive blows from larger characters, then the small character's durability should scale from the larger character's AP.

Antvasima said:
Well, several wrongs do not make a right.
So you think Wander shouldn't scale to the other Colossi? That no character should scale from larger ones, not even if the latter are able to survive the blow from the formers?

Also, didn't Jack stated that he could have killed Zunesha (or at least severely harm him to the point of death)?

And considering that Zunesha just to stand still he had to withstand 27.9 Gigatons of TNT, Jack for trully be able to seriously harm Zunesha he would had to exceed (not just match) that amount of power, regaldess if he had to use multiple attacks or just one to perform the feat.

And before someone say that Jack is far weaker than Zunesha, yes he is but again the 27.9 Gigatons is Zunisha by just staying still without moving, that for sure isn't his max durability but only a small portion of it, so Jack would only scale to a portion of Zunesha's full AP/Dura.

I am just saying that we do not scale from the full energy of explosions either, or real world people from surviving car collissions for that matter. This does not seem to particularly make sense either from a mathematic point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back