• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1053: "New Emperors" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
unknown.png

Listening to people complain how Wano was rushed, anti-climactic, and the worst arc in One Piece once again proves weekly impressions of ongoing manga are trash

When Wano’s finally over and like a year passes, these same people will have very different opinions of Wano
People: complain it's slow
Also people: complain it feels fast

The fandom confuses me sometimes

Listening to people complain how Wano was rushed, anti-climactic, and the worst arc in One Piece once again proves weekly impressions of ongoing manga are trash

When Wano’s finally over and like a year passes, these same people will have very different opinions of Wano
They always do this. They did it with WCI and Dressrosa, I even hear they were like this with Enies Lobby back in the day. But now look at how most of the fanbase views that arc lol.

Last edited:
Non traditional zoans. I don't think luffy has the fast recovery ability. And I also forgot he was a zoan.
When he first transforms, he lost all of his wounds from Kaido and was completely healed. Later, right after his fight with Kaido, he's laying asleep with only bandages on his torso.

Real shit.
Ngl 4 years is to long for 1 arc.
I mean an arc could be a decade long for all I care it’s just in story, everything is very wavy in the story. Some things too long, others too short. And no I’m not talking about that type of long😘

I mean an arc could be a decade long for all I care it’s just in story, everything is very wavy in the story. Some things too long, others too short. And no I’m not talking about that type of long😘
Wtf manga is that? I'm not gonna read that, lmao.

"Hindsight is 20:20" as they say

Cannot believe Green Bull casually stomped two top Yonko Commanders. And before people start saying “they were weakened”, Oda clearly wrote that in as a strength feat for Green Bull and to showcase his abilities. Also, lol Luffy low diffed Kidd.

Cannot believe Green Bull casually stomped two top Yonko Commanders. And before people start saying “they were weakened”, Oda clearly wrote that in as a strength feat for Green Bull and to showcase his abilities. Also, lol Luffy low diffed Kidd.
Ah, yes. I too think that someone surprising 2 others, who are also healing from being heavily wounded and scarred just mere days ago, and using a tactic to instantly weaken and dry them out and keep them unable to do something, is a very fair method. I imagine you also think that Blackbeard pulling a drive-by on Whitebeard while Whitebeard stood there and practically let it happen due to knowing he'd die anyway is also fair, and counts as a feat that shows Blackbeard ( and his crew ) are equal to Old Whitebeard?

Wano is very much like Alabasta upon revisiting. Both involve countries/kingdoms that have been turned into wastelands that are ruled by an evil pirate. Both involve the nobility of the country recruiting Luffy and co to save their country in a snow themed island. There’s the fact that Luffy takes continuous L’s to both Crocodile and Kaidou. The final fights take place where the main citizens of the country never find out they happened. There’s a threat of a bomb going off on the battlefield and killing everyone. It ends with the king/ruler of the kingdom declaring the fight is over. And then Luffy is out for several days and wakes up in the same exact pose.

So yeah, if Dressrosa is Alabasta 2.0, then Wano is Alabasta 3.0

Oda writes in a good feat for an admiral to showcase how strong they are and people decide to instead write their headcanon overit to undermine what he did. Nowhere is it stated they were jumped- if anything he implies they put up a fight.
Some argued they had seastone cuffs on them, yet they were drinking booze instead and you can't see cuffs on either IIRC
"They're still injured" Zoan recovery kinda kills thar argument- they can't be injured to the point of barely functioning. Not after a WHOLE WEEK.

Greenbull's just built like that. Or like Damage say a while ago, his ability to succ might drain the opponent faster while making him stronger

Ah, yes. I too think that someone surprising 2 others, who are also healing from being heavily wounded and scarred just mere days ago, and using a tactic to instantly weaken and dry them out and keep them unable to do something, is a very fair method. I imagine you also think that Blackbeard pulling a drive-by on Whitebeard while Whitebeard stood there and practically let it happen due to knowing he'd die anyway is also fair, and counts as a feat that shows Blackbeard ( and his crew ) are equal to Old Whitebeard?
Two words: SEVEN DAYS.

His flames normally on, the fact it's off suggests he tried fighting back by going into his speed mode. From the viz translation it does seem to confirm they tried fighting him first, at least that's how I took it:
S5EaAB5.png
He seems pretty angered towards them for some reason, though. Unless he's trying to imitate Akainu ( which is plausible as he IS a big fan of him ) I don't see why he'd so brutal towards them without having a personal reason.

So does anybody have any predictions for what will happen with Green Bull barging in during the festivities, possibly in the middle of a fight between Luffy and Kidd?

He would be perfect for rejuvenating the poisoned and starving country of Wano, but I don't know how he would be motivated to do so.

He might provide the impetus for the various Pirate Crews to leave the country but at the same time I can't see the Straw Hats running away without a fight, or potentially leaving the people of Wano in danger. They might leave if they realize he's there just for Luffy and isn't a threat to the people of Wano, and so by running away they can draw him out of the country.

Maybe a diplomatic solution could be reached but this Admiral doesn't seem super reasonable.

So does anybody have any predictions for what will happen with Green Bull barging in during the festivities, possibly in the middle of a fight between Luffy and Kidd?
I don't think Luffy and Kidd are going to be fighting
He would be perfect for rejuvenating the poisoned and starving country of Wano, but I don't know how he would be motivated to do so.
It looks like he's doing it passively

He might provide the impetus for the various Pirate Crews to leave the country but at the same time I can't see the Straw Hats running away without a fight, or potentially leaving the people of Wano in danger. They might leave if they realize he's there just for Luffy and isn't a threat to the people of Wano, and so by running away they can draw him out of the country.

Maybe a diplomatic solution could be reached but this Admiral doesn't seem super reasonable.
I think there's a short fight between Luffy and GreenBull where he quickly finds himself in the backfoot

If Green Bull is almost on a level with Kaido and roughly even with Shanks (which would likely be required for what we just saw), I think that he will be a legitimate threat, but maybe he could be convinced to rejuvenate Wano in exchange for his life if he is defeated?

If Green Bull is almost on a level with Kaido and roughly even with Shanks (which would likely be required for what we just saw), I think that he will be a legitimate threat, but maybe he could be convinced to rejuvenate Wano in exchange for his life if he is defeated?
Are you saying he's yonko level or speculating? Because I always thought Admirals were probably on the level of Yonko commanders at LEAST, but at most considerably stronger than that, but still not quite enough to equal or threaten a Yonko.

That being said, they DO have pretty lethal fruits, and I assume all of them have advanced armament given how the old trio did, and they PROBABLY only recruit people with advanced armament or CoC.

Just like in the image I sent, Greenbull will use a sleeping gas plant similar to the pop green Usopp got from the Boin Archipelago during the timeskip. Sanji will wake up sensing Greenbull with his Kenbun as he did during Luffy's awakening against Kaido in chapter 1044. Sanji will see that Greenbull spilled food while capturing pirates, which'll anger him. Sanji will face off against Greenbull, which would result in Sanji winning without telling taking credit, similar to how Zoro fended off Kuma on Thriller Bark (more Thriller Bark parallels)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back