• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1045: "Next Level" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popeye is considerably older than Mickey Mouse.

Anyway, everybody, please do not link directly to entire illegally scanslated chapters here. We could potentially get in serious trouble from it.

I get it now, the original Joyboy was Mickey Mouse

I mean Mickey Mouse was on a boat in his first ever cartoon
Nah chief, he was on a plane in his 1st cartoon. His boat cartoon was the 1st cartoon for Mickey to use the at that time new sound technology.

The lack of Mickey lore is disturbing lol

hey ant, do u understand momo's statement about luffys voice fading...and how the stamina drain works?
As long as he has people who genuinely believe in him as their champion and cheer for him, and that he believes in back, he can regain his strength in a cartoony manner. He is a spirit of freedom and liberation now after all.

Also, he seems to be able to store up impact damage and then return the accumulated power now.

As long as he has people who genuinely believe in him as their champion and cheer for him, and that he believes in back, he can regain his strength in a cartoony manner. He is a spirit of freedom and liberation now after all.
i did realize that but luffy himself says that hes exhausted and is "drying" up, quite literally, and that he almost died. and with the voice fading when he runs out of energy it leads me to believe that even with this regained strength the drawbacks are quite big. the longer it goes the more harm it'll cause him.
Edit: i saw ur edited comment, what would be the point of him running out of energy and exhaustin himself if he can just revitalize it, theres def gonna be a price to it.

Maybe, but I don't think that his limits are as extreme as with gear 4 for example.

One Piece is crazy good this week

Luffy is literally fighting like a Looney Tunes character

Watching Law and Kid's eye pop out while having a serious expression on their face was ... something else

These have to be treated as real as even Kaido flat out references that it's straight out of a picture book. Luffy's toon force is real.
IMO it's more likely that Luffy can affect absolutely anything with his rubberization powers ... For example, when he poked right through Kaido's eyes and punched through his head, I assumed that he is making Kaido's body itself rubbery, which is why Kaido wasn't blinded or killed

The obvious problem is that Luffy also influences people who are not at all in contact with him (making their eyes pop) but that seems to be a very minor thing

Oda's going balls to the wall with Luffy toons and I love it

iyTG61w.png

I'm assuming Luffy going through Kaido's eyeballs/Head was either intangibility or awakening Kaido's own body?
But it wouldn't make sense if it's awakening. When he awakened inside Kaido, Kaido's balloon body stayed the same color, didn't turn black and white- while punching through Kaido's head didn't effect his actual body, just went through it?
The obvious problem is that Luffy also influences people who are not at all in contact with him (making their eyes pop) but that seems to be a very minor thing
I was just assuming he awakened the entire island passively. When Kaido bonked him into the ground, the ground bent like rubber without him trying to awaken it actively. I'm guessing it's more of a proximity thing with his nonsense ability-

I'm assuming Luffy going through Kaido's eyeballs/Head was either intangibility or awakening Kaido's own body?

It's not intangibility.

Luffy did the same thing in Skypiea.

Also-- Law's dying this arc. The theories might've been true.
The whole "I'm about to croak" line means Luffy might straight up die when this form runs out. Y'know- unless someone does an immortality related surgery. What if the "treasure" Doflamingo was talking about was actually the Nika fruit, or something LIKE it that could kill you if you awaken it? Unless you're immortal.

I was thinking of this and this.
Yeah that moment is different, A the creature is already dead in that panel and B luffy is clearly on the outside of the eye , so it's not quite as physics breaking.

Regarding the awakening. While I agree the eye thing could have just been him turning kaido's eyes into rubber, the head thing is more difficult. With the head we clearly see Luffy's fist going through Kaido's head and it's not like his Body is stretchy because the colors don't match if Kaido's body was rubber we should have seen some stretching effect or at least a some skin coloring around Luffy's fists. That isn't the case.

Right now I'm theorizing Luffy has these new abilities in Gear 5th:

Enhanced Body Control

Greater Physical Characteristics

Toon Force

Transmutation(Turned Kaido's body rubbery when expanding in his body, as well as the environment)

Large Size Type 2 with Gomu Gomu no Gigant

Last edited:
Yeah that moment is different, A the creature is already dead in that panel and B luffy is clearly on the outside of the eye , so it's not quite as physics breaking.
The giant snake is not dead, and Luffy is actually inside the eye but you're right to point out that it isn't really physics-breaking in the same way Luffy's "escape rocket" was in the latest chapter

So funny comics are a thing in OP just like the propaganda ones with Sora, noted. Maybe Luffy might've gotten inspiration from them
The giant snake is not dead, and Luffy is actually inside the eye but you're right to point out that it isn't really physics-breaking in the same way Luffy's "escape rocket" was in the latest chapter
Not only that but Luffy is seen inside both eyes of that giant snake

That's definitely Intangbility unless we assume Kaido's eyes are just like completely intangible.

Either that or we punch it up with his toon force something like "Toon Force" (Via Awakening / Gear 5th, Luffy is able to break the laws of Physics, such as being able to seemingly phase throughout his opponents body, and can fight in any way he wishes as if it were a cartoon.)"

Paraphrasing ofc.

Why on Earth would it be intangibility?

Kaido's eyes are stretching; Luffy's isn't tearing through them with his hands.

Why on Earth would it be intangibility?

Kaido's eyes are stretching; Luffy's isn't tearing through them with his hands.
Because in the final part of the chapter Luffy is clearly going through Kaido's head and it's not stretching. It's debatable with the eye thing, but the head is pretty clearly at least partial intangibility or toon force.

the head looks like he's stretching the outside of his head and the back of his head is stretched around his fist, which is why the front of Kaidou's face has an impact point

Because in the final part of the chapter Luffy is clearly going through Kaido's head and it's not stretching. It's debatable with the eye thing, but the head is pretty clearly at least partial intangibility or toon force.
It looks like Kaido's head is stretching to me.

Context of that whole scene is Kaidou freaking out that his body is rubbery, and we saw Luffy escape through the mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back