• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1036: "Bushido is the way of death" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All three of them literally got (probably massive) mid-battle powerups

Also it is possible that King and Queen are Awakened anyway and it just didn't come up specifically because Zoan awakening just strengthens AP and durability
From what is implied (at least with Impel Down and Pre-TS Monster Chopper--if that is Awakened), they have a more monstrous looking hybrid-form, and have more animalistic personalities--reacting on instinct. We just saw King doing full or partial transformations, really. Here's hoping he bounces back for another round, but I don't think that's gonna happen since Zoro is out for the count now (and he already got the winner announcement). RIP King.

Luffy's power-up felt like it was earned though, as he was gradually approaching the point of using Haoshoku coating anyways with his battle experience and Ryuo training. Zoro got Haoshoku unlocked and was instantly using it as effectively as Yamato out of literally no where. Sanji just got biological upgrade (which is gone now), so that one especially feels too convenient just to give him the W.

I think that it would be weird if Sanji suddenly got depowered to Tobi Roppo level again after the fight, as he won't be able to be one of the wings of the pirate king that way. Maybe his eyebrow simply went back to normal because he fought off his family's mental influence on him?

Zoro got Haoshoku unlocked and was instantly using it as effectively as Yamato out of literally no where
Zoro was unknowingly using Hao coating whenever he "fed" Enma to the max. He just started to use it constantly rather than intermittently while fighting King
Sanji just got biological upgrade (which is gone now)
What is the basis for saying that he immediately lost his upgrade?

Sanji's eyebrow going back to normal could be the fact that he kept his emotions. Like Antvasima said, he won the mental struggle of being a superweapon without emotions or staying the Sanji that they knew while keeping the germa thing. He found a middle ground, basically. What was in his body, is in his body. But him getting rid of the SUIT is him choosing to not be a germa warrior.
That and losing the raid suit is far better than losing his literal body's "natural" ability. It'd be weird if he suddenly goes back to being far weaker, because you might as well say Yamato is Luffy's second weak next to Zoro at that point. Or Jinbe, if Yamato doesn't join.

I personally hope that Yamato joins the crew.

Should we use "they" as a pronoun for Yamato, or "him" or "her"? It was recently revealed that Yamato does not consider themself as transgender, just as a female who idolises Oden, but I don't want to cause a potential uproar.

I personally hope that Yamato joins the crew.

Should we use "they" as a pronoun for Yamato, or "him" or "her"? It was recently revealed that Yamato does not consider themself as transgender, just as a female who idolises Oden, but I don't want to cause a potential uproar.
Vivre card addresses Yamato as "she", and Luffy called her "Yama'BRO" but she corrected him about her name being YAMATO.
It's safer to call Yamato by what the author does, which in this case- is she.

Very little reason to, honestly. The sources are what matter most.
But I do agree- Yamato for Straw Hat. Luffy's crew is full of monsters at this point, so what's the difference of ONE MORE. Plus she'd fullfil Oden's journey, as he never got to see what comes AFTER finding the One Piece, same as Roger.
Luffy's completing Roger's journey, and Yamato doing the same for her own role model would be a nice poetic completion.

I want both Yamato and Carrot after Wano to be honest.

And for Yamato's gender, she is biologically female but she does identify herself as a male (aka as Oden).

Carrot as Nakama just doesn't feel possible anymore- the amount of screentime (or lack thereof) she had compared to every straw hat and Yamato just-- doesn't make her feel like a candidate anymore.
Not that I'd mind, but she feels like she'll be a fleet alliance member, along with the rest of the minks

Carrot as Nakama just doesn't feel possible anymore- the amount of screentime (or lack thereof) she had compared to every straw hat and Yamato just-- doesn't make her feel like a candidate anymore.
Not that I'd mind, but she feels like she'll be a fleet alliance member, along with the rest of the minks
Personally i think she would just do what she did before back in Zou Arc and just go in the ship uninvited.

Similar to Inuarashi and Nekomamushi did with Oden.

Assuming Yamato had a profile, the simplest explanation for Yamato's gender section would be this:

Gender: Female (Yamato is biologically female but identifies as 'Oden' and is referred to by the Beasts Pirates as 'He/Him')

It's a complex topic but this explanation satisfies all the current information we have on it. No other elaboration is necessary until we see Yamato clarifying it or Yamato joining the Straw Hats and the other Straw Hats using male pronouns.

How come? While I am aware about the Vivre Card, and wholeheartedly agree with that, I'd like to ask if there's any other sources besides that.

I thought we were past discussing Yamato's gender? The vivre card makes it quite clear that Yamato is a "she"
Far from a discussion, actually. Ant just said it as if there was some kind of alternative source for this (Example, Oda's own words), which interests me personally.

I may have misunderstood, but I thought that Oda had directly referred to Yamato as female. Maybe it was simply the vivre card though.

I may have misunderstood, but I thought that Oda had directly referred to Yamato as female. Maybe it was simply the vivre card though.
Yeah, it was just the Vivre Card listing her as female.

Oda hasn't directly commented on it so far as I'm aware.

Assuming Yamato had a profile, the simplest explanation for Yamato's gender section would be this:

Gender: Female (Yamato is biologically female but identifies as 'Oden' and is referred to by the Beasts Pirates as 'He/Him')

It's a complex topic but this explanation satisfies all the current information we have on it. No other elaboration is necessary until we see Yamato clarifying it or Yamato joining the Straw Hats and the other Straw Hats using male pronouns.
I think that we should use "Unknown" gender and the pronoun "they" in the wiki until we get more official information. We risk to break Fandom's rules about transgender characters otherwise.

in the worst case we will just do what they did with Najimi

Yamato gender's is....... Yamato

I think that we should use "Unknown" gender and the pronoun "they" in the wiki until we get more official information. We risk to break Fandom's rules about transgender characters otherwise.
I don't have any objection to that solution either but I'll note that Fandom allowed the One Piece Wiki to recently re-discuss the situation with Yamato and allowed them to come to a consensus on addressing Yamato as female but with a section on Yamato's page addressing the Gender topic and providing all of the information.

So we're not in any danger from Fandom either way.

The fact that Luffy has not used a single rubber ability or gear on screen since Chapter 1011 is driving me nuts. Couldn't he get the upperhand by combining Conquerors Coating with that?

Well, Blackbeard can neutralise his rubber fruit powers anyway, so Luffy will need to be strong in base in order to face him.

Luffy's just boosting his base to ridiculous levels at this point. Gear 3 became just a base technique now, since he can use Roc Gun without saying "gear third" and it shows the air blast of gear Second.
You can pretty much say Luffy's base, gear second and third are all one package, while Gear Fourth is reserved as the absolute last option. Which even then- he's shown the ability to switch in and out of fast as hell.

I think Oda normalizing the use of G2/3/4 so casually/frequently is more than likely him making us familiar with them so Awakening is the "next big thing" he does.

It hit me like Luffy hit Bellamey-
Kaido's always been hinting at the importance of Wano. Saying Yamato is supposed to stay in Wano. Saying he's in it BECAUSE IT'S WANO. And Kaido in the last few chapters showed interest in Joyboy. But he knows he's NOT, so what if he's searching for this "Joyboy"?
What if Kaido KNOWS of the foretelling of Joyboy arriving to Wano and opening it, and took over wano literally JUST to meet Joyboy, while everything else was just means to that end? That'd explain why Kaido, a guy who's been wanting to die for so long, now suddenly shows happiness and enjoyment while fighting Luffy, who he previously doubted was Joyboy?
WANO isn't important to Kaido. JOYBOY is, and Wano as a land is the one and only thing Kaido can use to "intercept" Joyboy, in this case- Luffy. Kaido might literally just leave Wano after the fight with Luffy is over because he'd realize that he IS Joyboy, and instead seek out his glorious death and "world changing" by the side of the figure he's been (so far) basically idolizing based on nothing but stories.
Kaido for ally.
Boom. Brain-blasted. More random 2 am thoughts next week

It hit me like Luffy hit Bellamey-
Kaido's always been hinting at the importance of Wano. Saying Yamato is supposed to stay in Wano. Saying he's in it BECAUSE IT'S WANO. And Kaido in the last few chapters showed interest in Joyboy. But he knows he's NOT, so what if he's searching for this "Joyboy"?
What if Kaido KNOWS of the foretelling of Joyboy arriving to Wano and opening it, and took over wano literally JUST to meet Joyboy, while everything else was just means to that end? That'd explain why Kaido, a guy who's been wanting to die for so long, now suddenly shows happiness and enjoyment while fighting Luffy, who he previously doubted was Joyboy?
WANO isn't important to Kaido. JOYBOY is, and Wano as a land is the one and only thing Kaido can use to "intercept" Joyboy, in this case- Luffy. Kaido might literally just leave Wano after the fight with Luffy is over because he'd realize that he IS Joyboy, and instead seek out his glorious death and "world changing" by the side of the figure he's been (so far) basically idolizing based on nothing but stories.
Kaido for ally.
Boom. Brain-blasted. More random 2 am thoughts next week
Shit, that would be quite a twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back