• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1022: "The stars take the stage" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decay occurs due to extreme aging. Most likely Shinobu can control the rate of aging
Sure she may be able to. The point is aging/decaying is by itself a bad thing. You need more (food, water, exercise, etc) to make Momo a healthy adult instead of a corpse. Or at least you should but as I said "Plot Convinient".
BTW, if King finally beats/incapacitates Marco that would (finally) be an absolutely solid feat for Kaido's Top Commanders
They already have a ton. . . . or they won't ever have any . . Depends if we decide to count them #outlier ¯\(ツ)

Sure she may be able to. The point is aging/decaying is by itself a bad thing. You need more (food, water, exercise, etc) to make Momo a healthy adult instead of a corpse. Or at least you should but as I said "Plot Convinient".
Devil Fruit powers are essentially magic and often bypass physics/chemistry considerations, so that is just a nitpick

It seems like a really fun chapter. I really love One Piece. I am still worried about Momo though.

Don't know how i feel about Sanji somewhat keeping up with both King and Queen at the same time, I was hoping for Sanji vs Queen (Which has been happening) and Zoro vs King with Zoro and Sanji high diffing both their fights similarly to Luffy vs Katakuri (I know Kat injured himself prior to make it a fair fight, but still), really showing that King and Queen are forces to be reckoned with

Also, didn't Sanji while being amped by his Raid Suit get kind of overpowered by Dino King in their skirmish earlier? Then again, i guess Sanji was also preoccupied trying to rescue Momo and King caught him off guard...., I've mainly been underwhelmed by King's performance lately (Especially since fellow 1st Commanders Marco and Katakuri have really impressive Feats), i love his design, hopefully these next few chapters really show what he's capable of

Don't know how i feel about Sanji somewhat keeping up with both King and Queen at the same time, I was hoping for Sanji vs Queen (Which has been happening) and Zoro vs King with Zoro and Sanji high diffing both their fights similarly to Luffy vs Katakuri (I know Kat injured himself prior to make it a fair fight, but still), really howing that King and Queen are forces to be reckoned with

Also, didn't Sanji while being amped by his Raid Suit get kind of overpowered by Dino King in their skirmish earlier? Then again, i guess Sanji was also preoccupied trying to rescue Momo and King caught him off guard...., I've mainly been underwhelmed by King's performance lately (Especially since fellow 1st Commanders Marco and Katakuri have really impressive Feats), i love his design, hopefully these next few chapters really show what he's capable of
Eeeh... actually. The Spoilers doesn't suggest that Sanji>Queen & King, or Sanji = King & Queen. He said it himself that fighting both at the same time is extremely difficult to him, the spoilers also mentioned that king or queen knocked Sanji out temporarily, until Zoro successfully "recovered" from his injuries'. After they attempted to attack Marco with a Fireball and Laserbeam, Sanji wakes up and Zoro puts his durag on and launched a tag team attack on them.

One important thing to note according to the spoilers, Zoro's still heavily weakened, at least he should be healthy enough to move and fight. Gotta say it's a pretty impressive feat, considering not only did he survived both Big mom and Kaido - two yonkos, but recovered most injuries within hours/mins. Also probs to Chopper for being a good doctor.

Eeeh... actually. The Spoilers doesn't suggest that Sanji>Queen & King, or Sanji = King & Queen. He said it himself that fighting both at the same time is extremely difficult to him, the spoilers also mentioned that king or queen knocked Sanji out temporarily, until Zoro successfully "recovered" from his injuries'. After they attempted to attack Marco with a Fireball and Laserbeam, Sanji wakes up and Zoro puts his durag on and launched a tag team attack on them.
Ah, in any case, I’m hyped for next chapter, been eating for Zoro and Sanji’s fights against King and Queen

Also, out of curiosity, do you think Moria might show up at some point? Cause wasn’t Moria’s whole goal was to get revenge on Kaido for what he did to his Crew? Making the strongest Zombie ever or something along those lines? Not to mention we see Moria confront Blackbeard during the events in Wano, Teach even tells Moria about it

Ah, in any case, I’m hyped for next chapter, been eating for Zoro and Sanji’s fights against King and Queen

Also, out of curiosity, do you think Moria might show up at some point? Cause wasn’t Moria’s whole goal was to get revenge on Kaido for what he did to his Crew? Making the strongest Zombie ever or something along those lines? Not to mention we see Moria confront Blackbeard during the events in Wano, Teach even tells Moria about it
I'm more or less under the assumption that Blackbeard killed Moria and obtained his DF, subsequently eating it for himself or giving it to one of his most trusted men/women. I can see that happening, considering that Blackbeard only recruits strong pirates and those who are not strong in his opinion might as well be killed. Not to mention that even the WG itself deems Moria as "too weak".

I'm more or less under the assumption that Blackbeard killed Moria and obtained his DF, subsequently eating it for himself or giving it to one of his most trusted men/women. I can see that happening, considering that Blackbeard only recruits strong pirates and those who are not strong in his opinion might as well be killed. Not to mention that even the WG itself deems Moria as "too weak".
If that’s the case i’d be really disappointed tbh, given the history Moria and Kaido had (They even showed Moria and Kaido’s crews briefly clashing in the past) I’m mainly rooting for Moria to show up just so I can see Nightmare Luffy again lol

Kage Kage no mi has the potential to be quite powerful in the right hands, erasing someone out of it's existence if his/her shadow is removed and also being the personification of "shadow" itself, there are plenty ways of coming up with broken abilities (Nobody expected Rubber or Mochi to be deadly weapons but here we are!).

Moria's utilization of the Kage Kage no mi represents his character "being the former shadow of himself", he spams his shadow doppelganger out of laziness and boredom, lets his doppelganger do everything while he does nothing and sleeps, or devours shadows from others, despite him simply lacking the mastery of this technique (as seen when he devoured 1000 shadows).

In a nutshell, he lacks the skills he had when he fought for 2-3 days against Kaido, when people were afraid of his accomplishments and strength. Someone like Blackbeard can see the potential of the kage kage no mi at the first glance, from his perspective it's super wasted, so killing the useless user is more beneficial to him than keeping him and Morai keeps holding more Ls.

If that’s the case i’d be really disappointed tbh, given the history Moria and Kaido had (They even showed Moria and Kaido’s crews briefly clashing in the past) I’m mainly rooting for Moria to show up just so I can see Nightmare Luffy again lol
I get your point, but if you think logically. Moria would need a lot of shadows to transform Luffy into nightmare Luffy in the first place. But after Thriller bark, Luffy punched all his shadows out of his onion-like body, he's forced to start from the scratch without any shadows. To make matters worse he's deemed as "dead" so he can't conduct his activities publicly. Otherwise they would start hunting him again to ensure he's dead for sure

I get your point, but if you think logically. Moria would need a lot of shadows to transform Luffy into nightmare Luffy in the first place. But after Thriller bark, Luffy punched all his shadows out of his onion-like body, he's forced to start from the scratch without any shadows. To make matters worse he's deemed as "dead" so he can't conduct his activities publicly. Otherwise they would start hunting him again to ensure he's dead for sure
Huh, I was thinking Moria could give him the Shadows of his Current Allies, cause Nightmare Luffy could have the skills of a Master Swordsman like before (Would fit the theme of Wano as well) not to mention I’m curious if Nightmare Luffy could use Gear 4th and what it would even look like, i’ve seen fan art of a Hypothetical Gear 4th Nightmare Luffy and he looks so cool

Anyway, if Moria does end up coming to Wano again (Not saying he 100% will obviously), I can see him assisting Luffy in anyway he can just because he hates Kaido much more and you know the saying “The enemy of my enemy is my friend”

Anyway, just thought i’d share a cool hypothetical scenario that’s been on my mind for a while, for now i’ll settle for my Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen or Zoro and Sanji vs King and Queen fights for now

Huh, I was thinking Moria could give him the Shadows of his Current Allies, cause Nightmare Luffy could have the skills of a Master Swordsman like before (Would fit the theme of Wano as well) not to mention I’m curious if Nightmare Luffy could use Gear 4th and what it would even look like, i’ve seen fan art of a Hypothetical Gear 4th Nightmare Luffy and he looks so cool
From what i remember, Moria barely has any allies that are alive (feelsbadman), remember the moment where he infiltrated into Blackbeard's island and attacked the residents there? apparently he used all his remaining zombie army he had, they are presumably purified.

Hmm, we never saw Nightmare luffy with G2, but it should be theoretically possible. Since the Gears can always work due to Luffy's rubber body, though i wonder how strong nightmare luffy + G4 can possibly be?.

From what i remember, Moria barely has any allies that are alive (feelsbadman), remember the moment where he infiltrated into Blackbeard's island and attacked the residents there? apparently he used all his remaining zombie army he had, they are presumably purified.

Hmm, we never saw Nightmare luffy with G2, but it should be theoretically possible. Since the Gears can always work due to Luffy's rubber body, though i wonder how strong nightmare luffy + G4 can possibly be?.
Oh sorry, I didn’t mean Moria’s Allies, I meant Luffy’s lol, I mean, he has about 7,000 of them right now right? I mean, assuming Moria could gather them all up in time and if Luffy’s allies would even let him lol

Anyway, i’d like to think a combination of Nightmare and G4 would make Luffy top tier aka 6-B according to this Wiki and be on par with, if not superior to Kaido, I just like when Protagonists combine different forms/techniques such as Super Kaioken and Kaioken Blue for Goku and Bijuu Sage Mode for Naruto

Oh sorry, I didn’t mean Moria’s Allies, I meant Luffy’s lol, I mean, he has about 7,000 of them right now right? I mean, assuming Moria could gather them all up in time and if Luffy’s allies would even let him lol

Anyway, i’d like to think a combination of Nightmare and G4 would make Luffy top tier aka 6-B according to this Wiki and be on par with, if not superior to Kaido, I just like when Protagonists combine different forms/techniques such as Super Kaioken and Kaioken Blue for Goku and Bijuu Sage Mode for Naruto
6-B huh.... What a weird coincidence, pretty ironic coincidence.

As long as Kaido and the other High tier characters won't get downgraded by a certain someone that is.

I'm agreeing with you that it'd be awesome. Although, I'm more hyped for Luffy's awakening than Nightmare Luffy + G4. I can't wait to see how cleverly he will utilize his awakening to further enhance his already unpredictable fighting style.

Also, I'm praying for Sanji's big W in this arc.

I'm honestly getting fed up with all these Sanji downplays. Someday all these downplays and downgrading will end, and people will finally acknowledge that Sanji is still part of the monster trio and trying to make him like a "nuisance" for the Crew.

6-B huh.... What a weird coincidence, pretty ironic coincidence.

As long as Kaido and the other High tier characters won't get downgraded by a certain someone that is.

I'm agreeing with you that it'd be awesome. Although, I'm more hyped for Luffy's awakening than Nightmare Luffy + G4. I can't wait to see how cleverly he will utilize his awakening to further enhance his already unpredictable fighting style.

Also, I'm praying for Sanji's big W in this arc.
What about Nightmare + G4 + Awakening? ☠️☠️☠️

DID ODA JUST OFF-SCREENED KING AND QUEEN VS SANJI?! COME ON.... rip my expectations and anticipations... at least we will get to see queen vs sanji and king vs zoro.

Cons: The Tobbi Roppo did not live up to the hype except for the women carrying the other four.

Pros: King (Hybrid restricted)+Queen>>Chopper+Sanji (RS Restricted)+Marco. Def earened their 6-B keys.

Side-Note: Good week for @CinCameron20 who predicted Sasaki & WW were dissapointments. Also that Neko would confront W3. 👏👏

@Dr.Fix - Who's Who being taken down by Jinbe quickly was within expectations (Dude stalemated Ace and managed to hold off Akainu for a good bit). I just wish Sasaki didn't go down looking like a total clown. He's the only one who I think got the short-end of the stick... other than Page One. As much as I would've loved some frieza-tier battles like 10+ chapters each, the manga makes it clear these battles simply can't last long, as the main event is happening approx 15 minutes from now in manga-time.

----

The main (non-Kaido) fights are beginning now that Zoro and Sanji have each gone for King/Queen. We just have a few more fights to focus on, being Raizo vs Fukurokujo, Killer vs Hawkins, and Inu vs Jack (I think Perospero being slapped is gonna result in a KO, cuz if Neko couldn't do that much, I'd be disappointed, but hey, he is worth 700 mill). Those fights will probably end in 1/2 chapters each like with the Tobi Roppo.

Then we'll get the Lead Performer fights (excluding Jack, who I think is too wounded to have a long-lasting fight yet again) which will last 2/3 chapters each similarly to the Jabra and Kaku fights.

I still believe CP0 will try to go for Robin, seeing this as the perfect opportunity, but given that Jinbe is close by, she should be safe as both Brook and Jinbe should be capable of warding off any attackers (assuming they aren't King-tier).

Here's the order in which I think events will take place now, quite confidently:

• Queen gives his full attention to Sanji, finally ->
  • King reveals his Hybrid form after taking that hit from Zoro... please have 4 wings ->
  • Quick look at what each SH is up to ->
  • Raizo vs Fukurokujo is focused on and concludes (unless there is another Orochi twist coming, then this will be last) ->
  • Killer defeats Hawkins without dealing fatal damage just to avoid Life Minus' BS (another thing I was partially wrong about, unless it was retconned) ->
  • Inuarashi vs Jack 1 chapter, which ends with Neko showing up (assuming Pero keeps his dumb ass down), and they 2v1 him for a final chapter ->
  • 15 minutes are up, and Onigashima has made it to the Flower Hill Capital. Whatever happens here, happens (Luffy knocking it to the side, Kaido actually crushing the capital, or whatever) ->
  • Perhaps during the above event, CP0 is making their move on Robin and fail hard via Jinbe and Brook ->
  • Kaido has already defeated Yamato by this point, or at least temporarily incapacitated them, and Luffy shows up for the final confrontation ->
  • Queen vs Sanji ->
  • King vs Zoro ->
  • All SHs gather and wait for Luffy to win. ->
  • Luffy (and Yamato) vs Kaido.
I didn't include Big Mom shenanigans because they are unpredictable. Who would've assumed she would roll up and one-tap Page and Ulti out of no where? lmfao

Well, given that Hawkins has caused considerable damage to Kidd, and the latter is needed to help against Big Mom, I really hope that they get backup from Marco and Jinbe, and preferably some other heavy hitters. We know since earlier that Trafalgar Law can counter Hawkins abilities, possibly by teleporting away whatever objects that Hawkins uses for his damage transferal technique, so I hope that he can save Kidd that way.

Anyway, I still think that Who's Who was supposed to be one of the strongest Tobi Roppo, along with Ulti. He was just unlucky enough to be up against Jinbe, and pissed the latter off by being a racist in combination.

@CinCameron20 I'm speculating the CP-0 should have their own monster trio among them like any other top tier organization. Since Dressrosa Oda has consistantly shown those three Masked agents fitting with his pattern of monster trios. Of course we haven't seen them do anything yet so they could be fodder for all we know. As a minimum they seem to have wicked KH and I hope they have someone on the same level as King/Marco/etc.

I still think you are dismissing WW a bit. His character is trash but he still has feats under his belt of causing Jinbei difficulty.. Will be interesting if he gets scaling to Jinbei and Jinbe gets shark rage amp or if staff leave him thousands of times weaker in that huge gulf between 7-A and 6-B ¯\(ツ)
I didn't include Big Mom shenanigans because they are unpredictable
Agreed, she is Chaos Incarnate. Oda can't decide whether to make her a beast or a clown.

@Dr.Fix - My intent is not to downplay or insult Who's Who, but rather poke fun at the idea that people thought he would be Jinbe's match tic-for-tat.
  • It would imply he is at the level in which he could match other commanders (like Izo/Jack/King) and pose a genuine threat to Admirals (Kizaru/Akainu/Aokiji) despite not being presented at the level of a Lead Performer, and implied to be weaker from the get-go.
  • Jinbe on the other hand matched Ace (Who is confirmed at least equal to Base Yamato) and stopped attacks from Akainu, and is hyped up by everyone around him (Ivankov/Law/Kid all shocked and intimidated on-sight). Not to mention he is superior to Aladdin, who was strong enough to skirmish against Oven.
  • Again, I'm not saying WW is MASSIVELY inferior to Jinbe, but there's a clear difference where the outcome would be obvious without outside interference or incompatible match-ups.
Who's Who definitely gets partial scaling to Jinbe, but he was never his equal. He's portrayed physically weaker, and requires Rokushiki to amp himself to be able to compete with and hurt non-amp'd Jinbe (even though his Tekkai tackle only pushed Jinbe back, and he was ultimately thrown on his back). Jinbe broke bones without any visual indicator of using Haki once he got serious.

As for a character I actually dismiss because it makes no sense for him to be as strong as he's currently being portrayed would be Sanji. Last we saw him, he was struggling to even deal damage to Drake and Page One, and after just a bit of training, the plot expects me to accept the idea he can harm Queen (albeit slightly) with Diable Jambe, who, by the ladder, would be 2 steps above any Tobi Roppo (Q > J > Tobi Roppo)
  • And it's Hybrid Queen... after Base King physically overpowered RS Sanji.
I think the CP0 members present here aren't the strongest. We know there are plenty of other CP0 members, so these 3 being incapable of defeating Jinbe/Brook head-on wouldn't be all that surprising.

As for a character I actually dismiss because it makes no sense for him to be as strong as he's currently being portrayed would be Sanji. Last we saw him, he was struggling to even deal damage to Drake and Page One, and after just a bit of training, the plot expects me to accept the idea he can harm Queen (albeit slightly) with Diable Jambe, who, by the ladder, would be 2 steps above any Tobi Roppo (Q > J > Tobi Roppo)
  • And it's Hybrid Queen... after Base King physically overpowered RS Sanji.
Base Sanji's kick damaged Hybrid Queen this chapter as well.

Base Sanji's kick damaged Hybrid Queen this chapter as well.
I don't even think he hurt Queen in that panel. Just knocked his head back. Either way, it's pretty nonsensical for Sanji's AP to jump from "Barely able to harm Page One w/ RS active" to "Able to draw blood from Queen with his Mouton Shot" with just a little bit of training.

I don't even think he hurt Queen in that panel. Just knocked his head back. Either way, it's pretty nonsensical for Sanji's AP to jump from "Barely able to harm Page One w/ RS active" to "Able to hurt Queen with his Mouton Shot"
The kick made him spit out blood so I assume it damaged him. At this point in the story I don't really care for the Straw Hats power creep from doing nothing, I've just come to accept it as an element of the story tbh.

@CinCameron20 so what are your thoughts then for partially scaling? Feel free to DM if you think that gets OT. To be clear I do not think WW is at the monster trio tier either. He should not be by definition he is below Jack. Still as a Tobbi Roppo he is literally in the tier just under this. I do not think that next tier is astronomically far as you convey (intentionally or otherwise while poking fun).

Also regarding Sanji & blood that was pretty minor damage with heat based abilities and off of distractions. Chopper drew blood from Queen too but we know Queen was playing with him and the damage vanished which is consistant with minor injuries. I guess what I am saying is I do not think the difference between Sanji & Queen is in the x1000s but neither is Sanji equal based off of current feats. Queen>>Page One>Base Sanji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back