• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1004: "Kibi Dango" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you just reminded me, can we even scale the size of OP's moons to IRL Moon?
Well, OP's planet looks nothing like ours and has multiple moons, so I'm not sure tbh. Though I do think it's a safe assumption to make since the OP planet is larger than ours I believe.

Plus, I think that's just the standard assumption on the wiki unless proven otherwise. Naruto, for example, has multiple moon related feats and all of them assume that its size and mass are equal to the irl moon. Even though Naruto's earth is also pretty different from ours. I don't see why OP should be treated any differently without sufficient proof to the contrary.

I don't see why OP should be treated any differently without sufficient proof to the contrary.
People can fly to the moon using air balloons and air powered ships, which isn't possible unless there's air in space, which isn't possible unless the atmosphere you're leaving from is just huge as ****.

Why would that even be the case? Literally no calc uses that.
I can easily see someone saying "you can't use irl moon size because OP has too many moons" and then some supporter saying "we can at least use the minimum size for a moon then?" and after that no more than a "sure". I understand that most downgrades and revisions and whatever that happen with OP aren't meant to be "lol OP can't reach this tier", but sometimes i feel like this is what is happening (no offense intended to damage or anyone else).

I understand that most downgrades and revisions and whatever that happen with OP aren't meant to be "lol OP can't reach this tier", but sometimes i feel like this is what is happening (no offense intended to damage or anyone else).
Can we put this statement under the verse page as a warning to anyone that's a One Piece scaler that even if it doesn't make sense, whatever high tier ratings you have will get downgraded.

Naruto's moon has so many strange traits i don't even know how it being normal sized was accepted.
Anything being normal sized is the basic assumption for a moon if we don't know the size. Since we don't know the size, it's a regular moon. Same with planets, which is why One Piece's huge ass planet is being compared to earth -_-
as long as you don't put my name there, it's fine by me
When we finish the pre timeskip revisions, I'll bring it up

I have blocked my Twitter access. What does it say?
The Oden flashback will start during the month of February 2021.

Staff: “When drawing a battle in the anime that did not appear in the manga, we will make sure we have Oda's approval, and we will express it and merge it with the manga content as much as possible.”

Honestly have no problem with using KE for that feat, it’s pretty much subjective whether or not to use PE or KE
It's not subjective at all. KE must be equal to PE due to the conservation of mechanical energy. And since PE can be measured directly with no assumptions, we should use it due to Occam's razor principle

It's not subjective at all. KE must be equal to PE due to the conservation of mechanical energy. And since PE can be measured directly with no assumptions, we should use it due to Occam's razor principle
I planned on making a thread for this since there seems to be no rule in when to use PE and KE. People just use KE as a default when doing these calcs and calc members are never.on the same page.

That's fair, it is true that PE less assumptions
I planned on making a thread for this since there seems to be no rule in when to use PE and KE. People just use KE as a default when doing these calcs and calc members are never.on the same page.
People do love using KE for everything...

I just want to make one thing clear. If an object was sent flying vertically as the result of some attack. If the object is still in motion and it hasn't reached its maximum height I'm fine with using KE.

On the other hand, assuming timeframe is not any better than assuming the maximum height

Staff: “When drawing a battle in the anime that did not appear in the manga, we will make sure we have Oda's approval, and we will express it and merge it with the manga content as much as possible.”
Thank you. That should make the anime sufficiently reliable to scale from in terms of timeframes then.

Does anybody know if this is true?

The Oden flashback will start during the month of February 2021.

Thank you. That should make the anime sufficiently reliable to scale from in terms of timeframes then.
Off of this, would extensions of fights work?
Big Mom and Kaido in the manga just clashed, but in the anime, they exchanged multiple attacks. That would work as scaling for striking strength and special attacks and such.

And assuming that this is how it is for all the other fights, could we use that for KE calcs like the Dressrosa calcs which currently use PE?

Our standard rules have to apply for anime timeframes for feats prior to this. That is, we can use them if the events happened the same way as in the manga.

That fight was ******* AWESOME!!! Although I am curious cause if the Anime follows the Manga for the Roger vs WB fight it would leave me to believe WB was likely holding back against Oden seeing as how Oden was blown away about Roger while WB was able to legitimately fight and clash with him. Which isnt saying alot cause WB didnt cause any widescale damage from his fruit or oulled out his more intense Haki seemingly but still legitimately clashing with WBs DF is impressive as hell.

Now tbf im not saying they are massively stronger by any means they are close and Oden should be in the same tier just imo a step lower, not alot but just a bit.

Well, Whitebeard and Roger are clearly stronger than Oden as he currently appears in the anime, but as the manga said, he would turn several times stronger later.

Yeah im just talking about Oden rn, we can have discussions about Oden later on oncd we get there in the story (Although I still think WB and Roger are stronger at that point but the distance is much smaller).

Oden at his peak seemed about to stomp Kaido, who is just a bit weaker than Whitebeard and Roger, so I think that they are all comparable.

Oden at his peak seemed about to stomp Kaido, who is just a bit weaker than Whitebeard and Roger, so I think that they are all comparable.
Hmm I could see that, I would have been curious about how the Oden fight would have continued as he didnt use his Hybrid form but I wont deny Oden was definitely winning without a doubt.

Well to be fair, I think Kaido was genuinely caught off guard by being able to be cut, and he has likely gotten even stronger since that fight, so I imagine at their peaks, Kaido and Oden are equals

Kaido was stated to be at his strongest rn, plus Kaido seemingly was doing his usual fly around as a dragon and tank attacks thing but this time Oden legitimately hurt him which is seemingly like the first time thats really happened outside maybe with like Rocks.

Oden didn't go full power on Whitebeard.

Didn't use arm Buso Haki
htN4mrr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back