• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1004: "Kibi Dango" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally speaking I feel like the Mid End is just low balling just to low ball. (A 3 second timeframe doesn't make much sense given that it happened instantly in a single panel.) the High end of 1 second makes the most sense given the context and narrative.

Also again, this wouldn't scale to Zoro's durability iirc.

Personally speaking I feel like the Mid End is just low balling just to low ball. (A 3 second timeframe doesn't make much sense given that it happened instantly in a single panel.) the High end of 1 second makes the most sense given the context and narrative.

Also again, this wouldn't scale to Zoro's durability iirc.
^Pretty much this, 1 Second isn't unreasonable at all for this kind of feat

I'd much rather go with PE personally.
I don't see the need for PE, the feat happened quite instantly. It all happened in a singular panel, giving us a quantifiable timeframe to work with. Not to mention this wouldn't scale to any other characters but Zoro using Emna as nobody (currently.) has withstood this attack.

I don't see the need for PE, the feat happened quite instantly. It all happened in a singular panel, giving us a quantifiable timeframe to work with. Not to mention this wouldn't scale to any other characters but Zoro using Emna as nobody (currently.) has withstood this attack.
A single panel is not a timeframe.

A single panel is indication of a short timeframe. Happening in a singular panel, without any characters interruptions is blatant evidence of a short timeframe. It's a general practice to use KE for feats that happen in a singular panel.
A couple of seconds is also a short timeframe.

I'm not aware of this "general practice to use KE for feats that only happen in a single panel".

A couple of seconds is also a short timeframe.
Which is impossible unless you ignore context. It's the midst of heavy combat, why on earth for any logical reasons would these characters simply sit there and wait for several seconds? The context here indicates that the timeframe was nigh instantly, with Kaido needing a warning, and only escaped because Zoro missed. Zoro's Dragon-Blaze travelled that distance from the moment it was deployed, all in a single panel without any character intervention.
I'm not aware of this "general practice to use KE for feats that only happen in a single panel".
Quite literally dozens, upon dozens of calcs work under this basis. It's even in one of the main calculations pages.

Calculation Introduction and References.

2. In order to determine time frame, look to the media itself. If the feat is in video format, you can easily determine exactly how long it takes for the feat to be completed. For videos, determining what Frames per second the video runs at and counting the frames can be an extremely accurate way to dictate time. The tool Watchframebyframe can help with this process. Looking at the timestamp from feat start to feat end can be acceptable as well for longer feats. If the media is not video based, see if there is any indication of a time. Does a character speak of how long it took? If so use this. If not and there is no other way to determine speed, you will need to assume a time frame. If it was a very quick feat, assume 1 second. If it was longer, 1 minute to upwards to 10 minutes can work. Go with whatever makes the most sense in the context of the feat. Once you have this time, convert.

It's literally written down. The feat happened quickly, in a single panel therefore we can assume a timeframe, especially with all the other evidence, context here suggests a quick time frame.

If not and there is no other way to determine speed, you will need to assume a time frame. If it was a very quick feat, assume 1 second.

To me that only seems to be for cases where we actually need to assume a timeframe. If we have a Potential Energy method available, which doesn't require assuming any timeframe at all, then it seems best to go with that.

To me that only seems to be for cases where we actually need to assume a timeframe. If we have a Potential Energy method available, which doesn't require assuming any timeframe at all, then it seems best to go with that.
Potential Energy is used if there isn't any other way of determining speed, I.E using a situation where a character take an extensive amount of time, then we can use PE due to not having anything to base an assumed timeframe. Here we're given more than enough context for a timeframe, the feat happens instantaneously giving us a timeframe right then and there.

I can understand wanting to use PE but we're given more than enough context to assume a short timeframe. The feat happens instantly, in a singular panel and was portrayed as being extremely swift, all of which supports a short quantifiable time frame. "Go with whatever makes the most context with the feat."

and given the fact that this would only apply to a single attack, and no other characters I don't see the point in being against the proposal. Scales to nobody, we're given enough evidence for a short timeframe, etc. This is a relatively minor change.

I've stated my opinion on it.

When it comes to the time for doing CRT's for the Wano arc overall, we can discuss it again there.

1: You haven't given any constructive evidence to support your argument. All you've said this far is "I feel like PE is better." which isn't much of an argument at all.

2: Which is? If theres a planned CRT then this can wait.

@LordGinSama; it's the method with the least amount of assumptions involved. Sure that's not a lot better than me saying "I feel like PE is better", but I'm just giving my opinions here.

Yeah, Wano CRT's are planned to commence once the fights in the arc have wrapped up.

@LordGinSama; it's the method with the least amount of assumptions involved. Sure that's not a lot better than me saying "I feel like PE is better", but I'm just giving my opinions here.
KE isn't an assumption, as much as it a in your face timeframe. I personally see no reason to take KE over PE, but I'll save my arguments for the Wano thread.
Yeah, Wano CRT's are planned to commence once the fights in the arc have wrapped up.
The fights or the arc as a whole? Makes sense either way.

I personally think that 5 seconds is likely a lowball for a single panel, and that the feat should have been considerably quicker than that, so it seems like a safe estimation for KE to me.

I personally think that 5 seconds is likely a lowball for a single panel, and that the feat should have been considerably quicker than that, so it seems like a safe estimation for KE to me.
The calc currently uses 3 seconds as a mid end point.

Also as I said up above, this isn't a CRT. We can solve this issue when it's time to do revisions for Wano, and there may be many more feats in the upcoming chapter that could make this moot.

I actually agree with Damage on this tbh. It's probably better to wait until the fights are all concluded before taking any meaningful action with the calcs or stats. We're likely going to get much more material to work with in the upcoming chapters both scaling and feats wise, so much of what's being currently discussed could indeed become moot.

Yeah idk if they talked about that in detail, but it is in the OP (i only read the OP and the first five or so posts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back