• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Even if he does, Law is only 7A not High 7A from what I recall. The dude was getting pretty well thrashed by Doffy without Doffy having to even try very hard and he never took a hit without outside intervention/extant damage from other sources.

And again: I need somebody to prove that Luffy overcame Fujitoras gravity powers which have the rating before even remotely accepting this scaling. As it is, this is damn near wank to claim Luffy scales to the rubble feat

Law is Mountain+ due to easily overpowering Vergo, Issho is high7A due to being stronger than that and being comparable to Doflamingo who is notably superior to G2 Luffy. Luffy should scale to Issho since both were breathing heavier after their fight.

That's not good rationale to support the OP.

Let's stick to the actual argument at hand of Luffy scaling to Isshos calc, please. So far I've seen nothing to scale

If we dismiss Luffy scaling to Issho, we have to think about this.

We're currently scaling Gear 2nd Luffy to baseline High 7-A for Doffy.

Any Gear 3rd attack (the big ones) is far superior to any Gear 2nd attack, including Red Hawk as seen with Hody Jones.

• Hody ate dozens of Energy Steroids after getting hit by Red Hawk, and each one doubles the power of the user. Even using a single one we'd get 2 GT for Hody and much higher for Gear 3rd since a single Elephant Gun was enough to put him down.
Gear 4th is a 3x amp. So he'd end up being 6GT if we base the scaling on Hody (which I did when I upgraded Gear 3rd to baseline High 7-A).

@The Calaca; Luffy's base and Gear 2 scaling is something I want to address in a CRT pretty soon, possibly tonight.

Also want to note that Luffy's Gear 2 is only marked as being "Possibly High 7-A".

We ought to dismiss the scaling to Issho and definitely do another CRT for what you bring up Calaca

Issho physically clashed with Duffy, Duffy <=> his strings, Strings>Issho (Gravity or otherwise).

That's all that needs to be said on that. If Xulrev doesn't like it that's too bad but pretty much no scaling on this site is 100% agreed upon by everyone.

You have an odd definition of clash, when it's a supremely casual interaction on both sides of the conflict

Can you elaborate a bit more there? You say Issho physically clashed with Doffy. What exactly is that supposed to mean? What AP value can you extract from that?

Neither used Haki, also. So I have no clue how it scales to either ones full physicals when most of the Doffy/Luffy scaling uses them going all out with their Haki active

@Xulrev and Damage - You seem to be focused on that one attack that sent Luffy flying, but forget that Fujitora has two things to negate Luffy's rubber body throughout the fight--a bladed weapon, and Haki. They were fighting for some time, and neither could do substantial damage to the other. It's even reasonable that LUFFY was the one holding back. He announced his strikes before he performed them, giving Fujitora ample time to prepare for them. Fujitora gave Luffy no such handicap, and still failed to deal anything other than bruising.

@Fix - Also, Doffy and Fujitora did not clash. Doffy kicked as a threat (before resorting to a verbal threat), and Fujitora simply blocked with his blade. That entire scene was to set up Fujitora's intentions to turn on Doflamingo during the arc despite his job demanding that he cooperates with him and simply go after Luffy. Doffy's next kick (with an actual intent to kill) was far more powerful and yet still appeared casual. Besides, Fuji blocked with his blade, not his body.

@Damage - Only reason Gear 2nd Luffy would be "Possibly High 7-A" and not simply "High 7-A" is because we have SEEN Luffy use it in combat against Fujitora, but the conflict was mostly off-panel, so we do not know if Luffy inflicted any harm to him with it, let alone had the capacity to reliably do so.

@Xulrevx2 - Fujitora respected Luffy for saving Dressrosa and treating him with respect prior, so he thought it ridiculous to go after him, but he needed to perform his duty, thus he compromised by rolling the dice each day to determine if he were going to engage Luffy or not. When the time came, he went to capture or kill him. He even expressed his intentions to "guide him to hell", only being persuaded to let Luffy go after seeing the citizens try and intervene.

So theres nothing to showcase Luffy overcoming Fujitoras ability which is what has the calc, you could have saved a lot of typing by simply saying that

Xulrev said:
So theres nothing to showcase Luffy overcoming Fujitoras ability which is what has the calc, you could have saved a lot of typing by simply saying that
Still ignoring the facts that 1) Luffy was undamaged and 2) Fujitora was using his powers throughout the fight anyways and still failed to hurt Luffy in any significant way.

Cool, one attack sent Luffy flying (who was already mid-air before the attack connected, btw, so OBVIOUSLY an attack that's basically a horizontal shockwave is going to fling what's basically a rubber-band that direction)

The pretzel warriors don't have Koka on their blades, this just means their AP isn't capable of overpowering Luffy's haki.

An ability using blunt force cant damage Luffy, yeah we know.

How does Luffy scale TO THE ABILITY WHICH IS CALCED, for the 4th time?

So re reading:

The argument laid out is that Fujitora has a calc of X potency, explicitly using his Devil Fruit, and therefore he scales to Luffy physically at X potency.

Said ability fails to harm Luffy. Said ability is blunt force. Blunt Force doesn't harm Luffy.

I just want someone to answer how this is applicable to Luffy, theres a willingness to try and circumvent answering that simple question do far even though it is literally the crux of the entire thread.

You cant just say "Hey this person uses a non-physicals ability that hits this hard, so obviously someone he punches or gets punched by scales to it".

@Cin

(my memory of dressrosa is hazy at best) but since he used a name attack and should know about Luffy's resistance he likely used haki in the attack.

Keep in mind other paramecia like Hancock and Whitbeard can use haki in Thier devil fruit attacks.

We've quite literally never seen Haki in any esoteric attack to my knowledge so that doesnt apply

Scans on these?

I don't mind being wrong here, I genuinely didn't recall. The only one I would quibble with is Whitebeard's feat since it's still his fist impacting Akainu.

And regardless, we know Issho doesn't imbue Haki into his gravity or else Sabo would have been hit directly by it.

Even still, doesn't engage the core counterpoint to this entire CRT I've asked for numerous times

We've never seen Fujitora explicitely use Haki with his gravity. As Xulrev said up aboe, if he did then he would have hit Sabo.

@Xulrev - Zoro used haki on an air-slash when he cut Monet's cheek, who at the time was biting into Tashigi. However, idk about Smoker using Haki on his smoke (I don't think that happened unless i'm mistaken). But Luffy is capable of harmonizing his paramecia body with his Haki using Gear 4th, so it can be suggested others can implement Haki w/ Paramecia abilities (Not necessarily saying Fujitora can, but it's possible).

@Damage - The issue is that Sabo did not turn into fire upon being hit by Raging Tiger. We see him affected in 2 panels before he turns into fire to move towards Fuji. So yes, Sabo was certainly affected despite being a Logia.

• Also, Fujitora blocking a kick from a fire-man, unless Sabo materialized his foot for no reason other than to make his attack blockable.
Also, irrelevant side-note, but it seems Luffy actually did better than Sabo against Fujitora overall, from what's seen at least.

BTW, it's really hard to confirm if a user of Haki is using Armament if they are not using Koka, because cases like Sanji being stated using it against Judge were... just the normal invisible application. Fuji certainly used Haki vs Sabo since he actually damaged him, as seen here.

And note how Luffy's got bruises in the fight. A sword didn't do that. Either Fuji was using Haki in their fight or he's just strong enough to bypass Luffy's dura physically (yet unable to w/ DF), either way, supports Fuji's physical AP scaling to his DF, seeing as how he has hurt characters with physical attacks, the same 2 characters who tanked his Raging Tiger

Haki can still be used on Logia's to effect them even if they later turn into their logia form; this happened with Jozu and Aokiji where Aokiji turned into his logia form but was still hurt; we visibly see Sabo effected by it thus haki was used.

@Eminiteable; I wasn't saying that Fujitora didn't use Haki at all against Sabo, just that we haven't seen him use Haki on his gravity. He could have hit Sabo directly with Haki during their off-screen battle in order to injure him.

So because Fujitora fought Luffy off screen, and because he allegedly harmed Luffy with means we physically dont know, he MUST HAVE hit with more force than the calc?

That's not a logically sound argument. At all. It doesnt scale to his calc, we dont have proof of it being an accurate claim, and the context is too muddy to claim otherwise.

You cant scale Luffy to the rubble feat, really. This is all purely speculative rationale being thrown out to circumvent a simple straightforward answer since none exists. Luffy needs to overwhelm his gravity or break through a defensive use of it to scale. He doesnt need to offscreen someone and we just ASSUME it scales

It seems like a big assumption to me, especially when the calc for the feat isn't for an offensive application of Fujitora's power but for him moving rubble over an assumed timeframe.

We do actually have feats for Fujitora's destructive power, and we have other Gear 3 feats that we could look into for scaling Luffy's attack potency. We don't need to assume that Luffy is capable of matching Fujitora's highest showing of power when he was overwhelmed by a less destructive attack.

We cannot, that's a hugely inaccurate presumption.

Also, noticed something that Cin missed: Gear 3 Luffy attacks outright fail to break Fujitora's guard, seen here: https://i.imgur.com/IMrnwVT.png

That purple lightning effect is his gravity power, the base usage of his gravity power, and it entirely halts a Gear 3 attack. Proof of same effect: https://i.imgur.com/HPmWJWd.png

Not once does Luffy overwhelm an attack of Issho's utilizing that effect; LUFFY NEVER OVERCOMES HIS GRAVITY POWER WHICH HAS THE RATING

The mere fact that a Gear 3 punch can shove Issho in chapter 798 and it has no gravity effect, but then he entirely no-sells a full force punch with gravity effects in chapter 799, proves his gravity power is overwhelmingly more powerful than Gear 3.

Gear 3, objectively, by feats, does not in any way scale to Issho's gravity power. To scale Luffy to Issho, you would have to presume that his physicals scale to his gravity powers, and that his gravity powers are of a level that Luffy scales to.....even when an objective clash with them proves Luffy is inferior.

Tl;dr you'd be arguing Luffy scales to being the same level while also objectively inferior with the same form (Gear 3) since we have proof he can't overwhelm the most basic of usages of Issho's ability. It's fact, he is weaker

He started crushing him and Zoro sent a ranged slash which knocked Fujitora a very short distance (Fujitora also blocked it with one hand and previously blocked Zoro with one hand before the crush)

Compare that Luffy who was making Fujitora huff and puff just from fighting him primarily in G2 while announcing all his attacks in advance and also successfully blocking a gravity attack with G3 until he was then overwhelmed by Raging Tiger.

Back