• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(One More Vote) Medaka vs Momo (The Fight that Never Happened)

That's fair. I had to reread the arc before I made the profile. Its short, but it is also the second worst arc of the entire series

Also, I disagree with Momo's rating. She should be Unknown. She never fought and there is no reason to scale an infant, whose main fighting style revolves around abusing her hax, to the other fighters.

We can change it to Unknown, Possibly City Block if you want, but since all the style users would have had to fight to win in the wedding, and she already fought with Mogura off screen, she should be able to at least take hits from them

Also, she could potentially, but only if she actually manages to kill her before she gets sealed

She already met her, no? So she knows about the sealing. And she could potentially break it you know?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Even if she knows about the sealing, how will she change her actions? What do you mean break it?
Break it. Dont you remember that Hanten and Ajimu could have escaped whenever they felt like it? And iirc Kumagawa was also about to free himself.

It took Kumagawa somewhere between an hour or 2 to a whole day. Hanten and Ajimu took over a week, and the rest of the people she sealed were gonna need almost 2 weeks. Albiet, Ajimu didn't care enough to start trying for a while, but it still took a good bit. Hanten, who made no clarification of holding back, took more than a week

I doubt she would be more knowledgable on sealing than Kumagawa is, and it still took him a while

I mean, that should be the case, but we know that she doesn't have his screw manip, and can't bypass durability with Book Maker he same way he can

Tbf, being Ajimu's double and all, Hanten was probably playing along with her and staying in the seal more than he needed to.

This isn't selling Momozono's sealing short btw, but coming from the man who managed to surprise Iihiko by running him over with a car, I'm more inclined to believe that Hanten of all people could have made his escape way sooner if he needed to, too.

That is likely, but they still were both held by the seal for more than a week, and I can't see Medaka being better than breaking out of seals than Ajimu

I mean, he does have more resistance to sealing than Ajimu does, so that could make sense. However, I don't think it would be less than a day

No worries, I'm not scaling Medaka to Hanten or Ajimu's experience at getting out of the seals.

IIRC they specifically state that it takes more time depending on skill level at some point. So taking into account that Ajimu has a bajillion skills and Hanten can create new ones, they definitely are in a class of their own when it comes to getting out of this.

It's harder to call considering she has intel here, but I *think* this iteration of Medaka would get sealed. Momozono at this point in the series seemed more worried about Ajimu nuking her with all her skills than anybody else, which is why she didn't even consider fighting if I recall. Eventually Medaka would break out sure but since the limit for incap is a day or so she would lose nonetheless.

Speaking of Momozono, she actually "lost" the small size post the end of the series. lol

I could swear she would be like that forever.
Momo Med

That is true, we can add her pic to her profile and remove the small size part. Maybe we can get it rendered real quick

Also, Momo is adorable and menacing in her epilogue design

Medaka Box has so many possibilities for spin-offs, it's borderline infuriating that we didn't get any yet?.

They could give me the "Munakata took the Legacy of fighting demons spin-off" and I wouldn't complain.

Oh, an Oudo spin off would be totally feasible you know?

Sigh.

Why do series with lame characters like DB get all the attention... Why!

Good Loser Kumagawa has multiple novel Chapters relating other events during his time in Suisou. Some characters are even exclusive to them.

Part 2 alone was over 200 pages long last time I checked.

EDIT: We are also sorely missing Medaka Box: Juvenile - Shousetsu-ba which shows in detail what actually happened at the time Kumagawa was SC President, Akune was still the destroyer, Ajimu wasn't sealed by him yet, when Medaka's first battle with him took place and so on.
Shousetsu
But given how many years has it been I borderline lost all hope of ever seeing them around.

FateAlbane said:
Which means Kumagawa is probably losing a bunch of feats from them.
Infinite timelines and All Fiction having the ability to erase all of them confirmed.

Thanks

I low key wanna do a tournement for the (balanced) main antagonists for Medaka Box. Unzen (although he kinda gets taken low dif by all the others), Oudo, Kumagawa, Zenkichi (I'm counting him), and Momo.

Back