• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(One More Vote) Medaka vs Momo (The Fight that Never Happened)

He could still have broken out instantly and met him a week later

He went from an aircraft carrier to the south pole

Although thinking about the only way he could have gotten there was being brought there with momo so never mind

I would make an argument for her using war god mode to ignore the styles

But momo's style had worked on corpses before so idk

Hypothetically speaking medaka by this point in the series has all fiction

She also knows how momo's style works so she could erase her time with all fiction

Her going into war God mode isn't instant and she doesn't start with it. I'll count your vote as valid, but I am pretty sure it would just be a toss up at that point

if kumagawa could unseal himself in 1 to 24h (i will assume 12h) because he have bookmaker , i'm pretty sure medaka can do it quicker because she have a 120% bookmaker

by the way, forgive my ignorance but, in what way is sealing counted has ? BFR , knocked out or incap ?

bfr and incap mean that medaka can still reach incon even if she get sealed once but if it count as k.o then she loose if she get sealed as she couldn't get out of the seal quick enough according to the rules

in characther medaka doesn't use hax out right even if she know her enemy is heavely haxxed ( she didn't used jack shit against kumagawa even tho she didn't know he ditched all fiction iirc)

she can't copy momo's style

even if she used haxx from the get go it would be incon at best with both wincon being thought based

i'll go with momo as she has far more probability to win this fight

Naeblis495 said:
by the way, forgive my ignorance but, in what way is sealing counted has ? BFR , knocked out or incap ?
Well usually if you're sealin something you can't do anything aka incapacitated.

Momo: 3

Medaka: 1

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Naeblis495 said:
Well usually if you're sealin something you can't do anything aka incapacitated.
Momo: 3

Medaka: 1
well that would depend . i could seal someone inside a pocket dimension where you can't use your powers wich could be counted as dimensionnal bfr as well as sealing .

we know that those momo sealed keep their consciouness and actions/powers to a degree( ajimu was just fine thinking and talking and decided to unseal herself , same for kumagawa) so it's not complete incap either

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Are you arguing her style doesn't actually incap people?
i'm just saying that ajimu who doesn't have any confirmed resistance to sealing and should be powernulled by momo, was able to talk , think and act to undo the seal .

i'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it mean if momo don't incapp with her style or just bfr them into card or whatever .

Ajimu was also able to break from bookmaker after only 3 years so she's actually pretty good with seals

@Naeblis

One of the ways to seal someone, in fact one of the more common kinds, is to seal someone inside something. She seals them inside a card

Seems like a stomp for Momo since Medaka has no way of winning, since she wouldn't use them in-character.

Nisio has written quite a few crossovers for series that he finished writing in the mid-2000s, so Medaka Box getting more content isn't off the table, but it sadly hasn't happened yet.

Its not a stomp since Medaka has many other forms of instantaneous abilities she could use. Medaka will use them in character if she takes her opponent seriously, but the weakness is that she probably won't take momo seriously enough.

Its not a stomp since Medaka has many other forms of instantaneous abilities she could use. Medaka will use them in character if she takes her opponent seriously, but the weakness is that she probably won't take momo seriously enough.
And this weakness makes it a stomp, since she'd never do anything remotely close to winning.

If a character had 1-A hax that would kill their family on use such that they'd never ever use it unless bloodlusted, it would be a stomp to put them against someone who they couldn't beat without that hax.

If someone is so wildly out of character that they'd never ever do it, then it's not a viable wincon for a fight to stop it from being a stomp.

We went over this in the Ban thread, and the stink that was made about that thread. A character not using their win conditions doesn't mean they don't have them. If bloodlusting a character makes the match fair or not a stomp, then it wasn't a stomp to begin with. So long as both sides have win conditions, whether or not they will go for them, it is not a stomp.

I should also remind you that Medaka was confident she had some way to deal with Momo, but she didn't have a way to make her surrender, hence why she tried to utterly destroy her in the word game to try and crush her.

I don't think we'll come to an agreement on this, since it's a pretty subjective matter what a stomp is anyway. Has there ever been a community thread about this to say whether a situation like this is a stomp or not?

It's been discussed Ad Naseum. I believe there was a staff only thread on it. It's a weird topic. I think it can make really haxed characters difficult to find good matchups for which sucks but there is a reasing the rules about stomps/spites exist in the first place.

Yes, and it was determined that it wasn't a stomp. It is linked on the Ban thread I am fairly sure
I'm halfway through reading that thread, and already there's three times when staff said that this type of thread that we're in right now is a stomp, and all three got a lot of kudos. It does not seem like there's anywhere near consensus on this, but I'll finish the thread.

I mean Momo against almost anyone is either is a stomp either way. At least anyone it's reasonable to put her up against but I agree with Iap as well in a way. If simply Bloodlusting a character gives them a wincondition then surely it can't be a stomp right?.It's a stomp under specific conditions but bloodlusting a character is pretty standard I thought.

Medaka going full aids with all fiction and book maker isn't THAT out of character is it?

The equal and opposite is true. It's kind of stupid to assume Medaka will just stand around and take Momo's attacks which she has also done/does alot in character.

If simply Bloodlusting a character gives them a wincondition then surely it can't be a stomp right?.It's a stomp under specific conditions but bloodlusting a character is pretty standard I thought.

I made a post on Lapitus' message wall asking about a very specific condition, where it'd be a win bloodlusted, but imo which should never be considered anything but a stomp. You can comment there about it.

Medaka going full aids with all fiction and book maker isn't THAT out of character is it?

It is 100% out of character, she has never ever done that in the entire series. I am 100% sure she has never used AF to speed blitz, and I'm 90% sure she's never used it to EE people, and I'm 90% sure she's never used Bookmaker on people.

The equal and opposite is true. It's kind of stupid to assume Medaka will just stand around and take Momo's attacks which she has also done/does alot in character.

I don't understand what you're saying here. Medaka does stand around and take attacks. Almost all the time.

EDIT: Also, I read through the rest of the stomp thread, and I couldn't find a strong consensus besides disagreeing with one guy's changes (5 people said that they agreed with option 1 being a stomp but at that time only 3 people had voted "yes" to changing the rules the way one guy suggested)

I agree with you on pretty much everything you said there. I tend to try to argue devils advocate for some reason.

I guess I just mean. Isn't it kind of boring if every Medaka fight is 'Medaka eats the first attack in character' or 'Reinhard throws his spear' I don't think specific win conditions should decide if something is a stomp. Just if both characters have a win condition as specified by the SBA the OP lays down.

If something is a stomp 'in character' it's a stomp. If something is a stomp unless bloodlusted when OP specifies it probably shouldn't be but that's just me.

A character not using their wincon doesn't make it a stomp

Medaka also can win if she uses literally any of her abilities like all fiction or maybe going war god mode, but as I said before that second one is debatable due to it being possible to seal corpses who dont understand speech anyway

A character not using their wincon doesn't make it a stomp.

But a character that would never use their wincon in the match scenario does make it a stomp, imo.

Back