• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One hungry boi fights a legitimate Cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You kinda missed the point of my Saganist analogy.

Here:

"A fire-breathing dragon lives in my garage"

Suppose I seriously make such an assertion to you. Surely you'd want to check it out, see for yourself. There have been innumerable stories of dragons over the centuries, but no real evidence. What an opportunity!

"Show me," you say. I lead you to my garage. You look inside and see a ladder, empty paint cans, an old tricycle--but no dragon.

"Where's the dragon?" you ask.

"Oh, she's right here," I reply, waving vaguely. "I neglected to mention that she's an invisible dragon."

You propose spreading flour on the floor of the garage to capture the dragon's footprints.

"Good idea," I say, "but this dragon floats in the air."

Then you'll use an infrared sensor to detect the invisible fire.

"Good idea, but the invisible fire is also heatless."

You'll spray-paint the dragon and make her visible.

"Good idea, but she's an incorporeal dragon and the paint won't stick."

And so on. I counter every physical test you propose with a special explanation of why it won't work.

Now, what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all? If there's no way to disprove my contention, no conceivable experiment that would count against it, what does it mean to say that my dragon exists? Your inability to invalidate my hypothesis is not at all the same thing as proving it true. Claims that cannot be tested, assertions immune to disproof are veridically worthless, whatever value they may have in inspiring us or in exciting our sense of wonder. What I'm asking you to do comes down to believing, in the absence of evidence, on my say-so.

He's not an animal. He's nigh-indentical to a human, save for bolstered Physicality, Ki control and Reactive Power Level. You'll notice none of these involve eating.

@DMUA And being part monkey...Goku getting his tail removed doesnt just wipe away that part of his DNA

In fact, saying Goku isn't human, therefore it doesn't work, is the equivalent of saying, "Itachi said that no one without a Mangekyou Sharingan can defeat him. Therefore he can beat all of DC, Marvel, DBZ, and Tenchi Muyo."

Sound familiar?

It's the exact example used on our Fallacy Page, specifically, for the No-Limits Fallacy. There are no beings like Saiyans in SCP Foundation, so there's no concrete evidence to say it wouldn't work.

WeeklyBattles said:
@DMUA And being part monkey...Goku getting his tail removed doesnt just wipe away that part of his DNA
Humans are part monkey too. Just because we don't have a tail doesn't remove that either.

Kepekley23 said:
...Since when are humans part monkey?

No, seriously.
Since we share.... What, over 60% of our DNA with them?

Something like that.

Horses share more of their DNA with ''bats'' than with cows. That doesn't really mean anything at all.

WeeklyBattles said:
And we share 60% of our DNA with bananas but that doesnt make us fruit
50%.

I said part monkey, not that we are monkeys.

Except, he kind of are.

We're a mishmash of Bananas, Chimps, Gorillas and many more.

Deal with it.

If the cake start to threat the earth, it's possible that Goku BFR the cake, he has plenty of time.

We evolved from monkeys. Technically we ARE just very intelligent cousins of monkeys. Where the hell are you guys going, saying humans aren't related to monkeys at all?

Akreious said:
We evolved from monkeys. Technically we ARE just very intelligent cousins of monkeys. Where the hell are you guys going, saying humans aren't related to monkeys at all?
Im saying Saiyans arent humans, not that humanss didnt evolve from monkeys

Blahblah9755 said:
Well… going by SBA isn't the cake technically auto eliminated via incapacitation because it takes over a day to duplicate? And that's the only way it can be of harm.
Not really as Goku has to defeat it and since he cant eat it it just keeps making a copy of itself every time he tries

I mean eventually when the cake starts becoming a nuisance, Goku would probably BFR it to the supreme kai's world or something. If he ever feels like eating it, just teleport back there. Let Supreme Kai deal with it, and you get infinite cake! So, yeah.

Humans didn't evolve from monkeys, they evolved on a path diverging from the same ancestor as monkeys. We're as much part monkey as a rocket is part fidget spinner. Arguably less so.

Akreious said:
I mean eventually when the cake starts becoming a nuisance, Goku would probably BFR it to the supreme kai's world or something. If he ever feels like eating it, just teleport back there. Let Supreme Kai deal with it, and you get infinite cake! So, yeah.
Goku's a dick to the Supreme Kai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back