• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Old West Showdown I: Arthur Morgan VS Jonah Hex

Status
Not open for further replies.
TitanCrusher101 said:
Knocking out characters on missions counts as death, as characters can never really wake up unless you leave them for a day. So, truly, ARTHUR'S PUNCHES KNOCK PEOPLE OUT COLD FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS.
That's a Street level feat at best.
A single punch from Jonah killed a grizzly. He didn't have to wrestle with it; he punched it once with his bare fist and it died. And again, Jonah can survive the outer rim of explosions and get up from being hit by a truck, both of which are feats well above typical human-killing blows.

Even if Arthur wins, this is definitely not a stomp in any fashion.

Arthur can use dynamite sticks, even with a full pack he never reaches 8-C, not even close to it.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
TitanCrusher101 said:
Knocking out characters on missions counts as death, as characters can never really wake up unless you leave them for a day. So, truly, ARTHUR'S PUNCHES KNOCK PEOPLE OUT COLD FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS.
That's a Street level feat at best.
A single punch from Jonah killed a grizzly. He didn't have to wrestle with it; he punched it once with his bare fist and it died. And again, Jonah can survive the outer rim of explosions and get up from being hit by a truck, both of which are feats well above typical human-killing blows.

Even if Arthur wins, this is definitely not a stomp in any fashion.
What is their starting distance? OH, 50m behind cover? Arthur waits for Jonah to pop out of cover, pulls out Shotgun (With Slugs [Even incendiary slugs] and puts a few into his head)

P.S: He's done this before in game, I'm shit at the game and have done it multiple times.

How Deadeye works: The concept of time is very slow for everything around you, to the point of being almost frozen, but not quite. However, while Arthur's time is slowed down as well, he still moves faster than that which is around him.

Also, with full health, I take multiple shots from focused and multiple sources in gun fights and end up coming out on top.

Doesn't matter, Arthur can kick large animals like cattle to death, harm draft horses with his hits, snap necks with grip strength and fight against those who can harm him. And he kills in one hit, it shows up as murder in my case. And Arthur can also survive the outer rim of explosions and getting hit by trains.

KLOL506 said:
Doesn't matter, Arthur can kick large animals like cattle to death, snap necks with grip strength and fight against those who can harm him. And he kills in one hit, it shows up as murder in my case. And Arthur can also survive the outer rim of explosions and getting hit by trains.
If you hit people hard enough, near death is possible, but it should show up as unarmed assault.

This is likely either a glitch in the game's code, or DUMB CIVILIANS.

Trust me, there are dumb civilians.

Example: Mission where guy fights you, and his friends jump you.

You get accused of Unarmed Assault, even thought Arthur tells the woman before she runs off to accuse him that it's a misunderstanding.

No, it shows up as death most of the time in my case and it's for guys who could harm him.

Surprisingly, Arthur can even send people flying several meters with his hits regardless of whether he knocks them out or kills them, which is also blatantly a superhuman feat. But again, Arthur can harm those who can harm him even when dying of tuberculosis, so they're a non-factor.

Oh well, Arthur via multiple dynamite sticks and other powerful weapons.

@King btw, I know you're experienced here, but it'll be helpful if you put our names where we vote. Don't have to if you don't want to btw.

Arthur: 2 (Me and Titan) both via dead eye

Jonah: 0

Inconculsive: 0

It def isn't a stomp, but in combat, and especially in fights to the death, Arthur uses Dead Eye and pin points vitals. I literally see no counter

Edit: It should be noted that the Bear Arthur fought off was bigger than an average grizzly, even noted in the game iirc

Oh yeah, I forgot, the bear Arthur fought off was indeed bigger than most ordinary grizzlies in the game.

I never said he could vote, just that it seems like he feels that way (Was only pointing it out)

His opinion can still be taken seriously, even if he made it.

KLOL, did you vote?

By the way, in chapter 6, his Dead Eye has increased by an additional 5 seconds, so he has it for about 20 seconds

To be honest I dont see how Arthur Morgan can beat Jonah Hex. Arthur can fight bears and cougars? Well so did Jonah, but he too fought against Cyborgs and Robots in both gunfigjts and fistfigts. He outshot peoplenwith futuristic weapons with nothing more than single action Rugers (which are similar to old Peacemakers). And Jonah is obviously faster, the dude can outdraw a rattelsnake at midstrike and draw and slice a bullet with his sword.

Something occurs to me.

Deadeye makes enemies unable to dodge your shots in-game, but that's probably because nobody in Red Dead has bullet-timing feats. Even when he uses Deadeye, what's stopping Jonah from just slicing the bullets in midair?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Something occurs to me.
Deadeye makes enemies unable to dodge your shots in-game, but that's probably because nobody in Red Dead has bullet-timing feats. Even when he uses Deadeye, what's stopping Jonah from just slicing the bullets in midair?
Explosive Bullets?

He has several bullet types, Regular, High Velocity (Slightly increased damage, Increased Range), Split Point (Don't remember), Express (Very High Damage), Explosive (You know this) and Incendiary (Flame bullets for shotguns and rifles).

@Cinna:

He should have that on his page then, tbh. That qualifies as minor Fire Manipulation and Explosion Manipulation, and should also be added to his equipment section.

Anyway, let me update these votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back