• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

There are three constants in this world, death, taxes, and Japanese novels. Here is the next one, same song and dance, take your time. This one is actually a lot shorter.
寄せてはかえし

寄せてはかえし

かえしては寄せ

夜をむかえ、昼をむかえ、また夜をむかえ。

光瀬龍『百億の昼と千億の夜』

それは花に似ており、鳥に似ており、蝶に、また炎に、水に、光に、雷に似ていた。およそこの世にあるすべてのものに、それは肖ていた。

にもかかわらず、ひとつとして同じ姿のものはなかった。それは燃え、流れ、舞い、飛び、そして突いた。音ではないその音は一種の時空の振動として広がっていった。

It comes back

It comes back

And back for more

Night comes, day comes, and night comes again.

Ryu Mitsuse 'Ten billion days and one hundred billion nights'

It was like a flower, a bird, a butterfly, fire, water, light, and thunder. It was like almost everything else in the world.

Nevertheless, none were the same as another. It burned, flowed, danced, flew, and pricked. The sound, which was not a sound, spread out as a kind of space-time vibration.

Sorry if you are already busy enough, but can this scan be translated plz?
悪魔も泣き出す凄腕の便利屋として、その名を裏社会にとどろかせている男。

常人では両手でも扱いきれない大口径拳銃2丁、黒のエボニーと銀のアイボリーを難なくあやつり、背にくくられている時代がかった長剣を軽々と振りまわして、依頼を受ければどんな悪党もまたたく間に追い詰めてのける。

しかしその本業は人間界に姿を現した魔物を狩る“デビルハンター"であり、便利屋はあくまでそうした怪事件に出くわすための手段に過ぎない。

二千年前に魔族から離反し、人間のためにひとり悪魔の大軍勢と戦いつづけた伝説の魔剣士スパーダと、人間の母親とのあいだに生まれ、その身には偉大な父の能力が、そして一見クールなその心には母の優しさが色濃く受け継がれている。

A man who has made a name for himself in the underworld as an extremely skilled handyman who can make even devils cry.

Easily handling two large-caliber pistols, one black "ebony" and one silver "ivory", which no ordinary person can handle even with two hands, and an antique-looking long sword strapped to his back, he can hunt down any villain in a flash when requested.

However, his main job is as a "devil hunter" who hunts down demons that appear in the human world, and the handyman is merely a means to come across such mysterious incidents.

He was born to Sparda, a legendary demon swordsman who left the demon tribe 2,000 years ago and fought alone against a huge army of demons for the sake of humanity, and his human mother, with his father's great abilities in his body and his mother's kindness in his seemingly cool heart.

悪魔も泣き出す凄腕の便利屋として、その名を裏社会にとどろかせている男。

常人では両手でも扱いきれない大口径拳銃2丁、黒のエボニーと銀のアイボリーを難なくあやつり、背にくくられている時代がかった長剣を軽々と振りまわして、依頼を受ければどんな悪党もまたたく間に追い詰めてのける。

しかしその本業は人間界に姿を現した魔物を狩る“デビルハンター"であり、便利屋はあくまでそうした怪事件に出くわすための手段に過ぎない。

二千年前に魔族から離反し、人間のためにひとり悪魔の大軍勢と戦いつづけた伝説の魔剣士スパーダと、人間の母親とのあいだに生まれ、その身には偉大な父の能力が、そして一見クールなその心には母の優しさが色濃く受け継がれている。

A man who has made a name for himself in the underworld as an extremely skilled handyman who can make even devils cry.

Easily handling two large-caliber pistols, one black "ebony" and one silver "ivory", which no ordinary person can handle even with two hands, and an antique-looking long sword strapped to his back, he can hunt down any villain in a flash when requested.

However, his main job is as a "devil hunter" who hunts down demons that appear in the human world, and the handyman is merely a means to come across such mysterious incidents.

He was born to Sparda, a legendary demon swordsman who left the demon tribe 2,000 years ago and fought alone against a huge army of demons for the sake of humanity, and his human mother, with his father's great abilities in his body and his mother's kindness in his seemingly cool heart.
Thanks once again QB!

Bump; the text has disputed translation and needed to resolve a CRT. Higher quality images below:

…幻術…!-?

ぐっ…
うおえっ……

イヤ…
…これは
ただの殺気だ…

何てことだめ…
奴の目を見ただけで…
死をイメージさせられたの……!!

な……
何者だ…
コイツ…!!

サクラ...

ダメだ!
ここは逃げるしか……

そうしなければ……

死しかない…

クク...
もう 動けまい

恐怖を痛みで消し去るためにとっさに自分の体を傷つけるとはね...

フフ......
やっぱり ただの
獲物じゃないわね...

...Genjutsu...!?

Kuh,
oooohhh...

No...
...This is just bloodlust...

What is this!
Just looking into his eyes...
makes me want to die!!

Ugh...
What in the hell...
Is this guy!!

Sakura...

No, no no!
Not here! We have to get out of here!

If we don't...

We will die!!

Kuku.
Seems you can't move anymore.

To think you would quickly harm yourself just to get rid of the fear...

Fufu...
I knew you weren't just prey.

Can someone translate these?
 確かにUEGは戸惑っていた。戸惑っている自分に驚いていた。ほぼすべてのことが思い通りになるUEGにとって、まったく想定していない状況に陥るのは本来ありえないことなのだ。

「これはなんだと聞いている!」

「なんだろう? 生と死の狭間というか特異点というか走馬灯というか夢というか。死の前にある一瞬のきらめき的なもの? 因果が確定したことによって生じた一瞬の綻びというのかな。君はまだ死んでいないけど、死ぬことが確定した時点で生じる、生から死へと遷移する瞬間を切り取った影絵……まあ好きに解釈してくれていいよ」
「納得したわけではないが、そこになぜお主がおる」
「機を窺ってたんだよ。ざまあみろと言いたかったからね。高遠くんはそんなことは言わないだろうし、せめて僕が言ってすっきりしておきたかった。ま、こんなわけのわからない場所にやってくるなんてできないから、その瞬間に僕の影を投影しているだけなんだけど」

「……なるほど。確かにこれは妾の叡智をもってしても理解できない現象のようだ。だが、妾が死ぬだと? ここがどこかは知らぬが、どこにでも転移してしまえばよいだけだ」

UEGは周辺を探索した。暗黒はどこまでも、本当にどこまでも続いていた。UEGの知覚の及ぶ限り、延々と果てなく続いているのだ。

ならば別の次元を、並行世界を、別の宇宙を観ようとしたが、それも叶わなかった。観ようとした先にあるのも虚無だったのだ。

ここには本当に何もない。

その事に気づいたUEGは、ゆっくりと恐怖を感じ始めていた。どこに行こうにも、何もないのだ。何もない以上、どこに転移することもできなかった。

「な、ならば! 全てを壊しつくしてくれるわ! 時空を! 宇宙を! その宇宙を含む上位宇宙を!」

「うん。君がただの人間とかであれば、殺そうと思ったけどやっぱりやめた、で済んだけどね。神がそれを言い出したら、神としてのアイデンティティが崩壊するから無理だよ。なんでもできる神の想いはそれだけ重いんだから。あ、なんかダジャレみたいになって恥ずかしいね」

「わ……わけがわからぬ……なんなのだ、その高遠とやらは……」

そんな存在のことをUEGは聞いたこともなかった。そのような者が存在するなど、想像したことすらなかったのだ。

「うん。神にもいろいろいてね。アレを知っている系統と知らない系統にわかれるんだ。アレを知らない神のほとんどは傍若無人で、なんでも出来ると思っていて、それ故に強力だ。対して、アレを知っている神は比較的穏やかで、あまり無茶をしない。というかできない。限界を知ってるんだよ」

「アレとはなんなのだ! 何をもったいぶっておる!」

「いやぁ。僕もよくわからないから、アレとかいってふんわりとさせてるだけなんだ。正体は知らないし、知ろうとも思わないからね。けど、僕らの系統は節度というものを持っている。もしかすれば、僕たちには想像も及ばないような存在がいるかもしれないと思っている。人間たちが、神様が見ているから悪いことをしてはいけないよ、と諭すように、神々を見ている何かがいるのかもしれないと思っている」

そう言われたとて、そのまま素直に信じることなどできはしなかった。それはUEGのような、己が最上位にいると思っている神には理解できるはずもない存在だからだ。

「僕らの一派にはさ、こう考える者もいる。とりあえず宇宙を含む上位宇宙を含む……みたいな究極的な集合があったとしてさ。それが滅びないのはなぜなんだろう、と。時空が無限に存在しているのなら、いずれはそんな存在があらわれても不思議じゃないし、そんな存在が気まぐれに全ての宇宙を滅ぼす可能性はゼロじゃない。そして可能性がゼロでないのなら、無限の時間があればそれは必ず発生しそうなものだよね。けどそうはならない。僕たちが観測できた範囲内でのことなんだけど、一定以上に強くなろうとした、なった神はいずれ消えてしまうんだ。では、それを成している者がいるんじゃないか? この宇宙には何かの限界が、基準があるんじゃないかとね」

Could someone please translate these?

Sorry for the bad quality

わしは、あまりにも長く生きすぎた・・・
これ以上生されば、やがて重い、人々に災いをもたらす存在へと成り果ててしまうであろう。

だから、元より死ぬつもりであったのだ。

お前さんたちに与える力を最後にな。

I've lived for too long...
Any longer, and I will become a gloomy person who will bring misfortune to others.

Thus I have always planned to die.

The last thing I want to do is to give you my power.

わしは、あまりにも長く生きすぎた・・・
これ以上生されば、やがて重い、人々に災いをもたらす存在へと成り果ててしまうであろう。

だから、元より死ぬつもりであったのだ。

お前さんたちに与える力を最後にな。

I've lived for too long...
Any longer, and I will become a gloomy person who will bring misfortune to others.

Thus I have always planned to die.

The last thing I want to do is to give you my power.
Thank you!

Okay, another case of KH translation, and I hope I caught the correct japanese scan...
Darkness tells Maleficent "Only as a heart you can travel at the speed of light and break the time barrier", at least according to this fan-translation, and the "speed of light" segment has caused a ton of controversy in terms of how to take speed feats on the series, given that plenty of times they have gone FTL without this kind of issues or time travel.

Here's the raw japanese version, BTW.

Can someone translate these?
Indeed, UEG (Ultimate Extermination God) was puzzled. She was surprised at herself for being so confused. For UEG, who could do almost anything she wanted, it was impossible for her to find herself in a completely unexpected situation.

"What is this I'm hearing about!"

"What is this? It's the space between life and death, or a singularity, or a revolving lantern, or a dream. A glimmer of a moment before death? A momentary break caused by causality's decision? You're not dead yet, but it's a shadow picture that captures the moment of transition from life to death that occurs when death is confirmed. ...Well, you can interpret it any way you like."

"I'm not convinced of this, but why are you here?"

"I was looking for an opportunity. I wanted to say, "Suck it up. I'm sure Takatou-kun won't say such a thing", so I wanted to at least make it clear to him. I'm just projecting my shadow at the moment because I can't come to a place like this that I don't understand."

"...I see. It's true that this is a phenomenon that even my mistress's wisdom cannot comprehend. But she's going to die? I don't know where we are, but we'll just have to transfer to wherever we are. "

UEG searched the area. The darkness went on forever, truly forever, as far as UEG's perception could go.

She tried to see another dimension, parallel world, another universe, but that didn't work either. What she tried to see was also emptiness.

But there was really nothing here.

UEG slowly began to feel fear as she came to realize this. No matter where they tried to go, there was nothing. As long as there was nothing, there was nowhere to transfer to.

"Th, then! I'll just destroy everything! Time and space! The universe! The higher universe, including this one!"

"Yes. If you were just a human, I would have thought about killing you, but I decided not to. If a god were to say that, their identity as a god would collapse, and that would be impossible. The thoughts of a god who can do anything are that heavy. I'm embarrassed to say that it's a pun.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand...what is this...thing called Takatou?"

UEG had never even heard of such a being, nor did she even imagined that such a person existed.

"Yes. There are many different kinds of gods. Some know about it and others don't. Most of the gods who don't know about it are unprincipled, think they can do anything, and are therefore powerful. On the other hand, the gods who know about it are relatively calm and don't do anything too crazy. Or rather, they can't for they know their limits."

"What is that! What are you trying to say here!"

"No, I don't know what it is either, so I just call it a thing and make it fluffy. I don't know what it is, and I don't want to know, but our lineage has a sense of moderation. We think that maybe there are beings out there that we can't even fathom. I think that there may be something that is watching the gods, just like the humans tell the gods not to do bad things because the gods are watching them."

Even when told, she could not outright believe such a thing. It was impossible for a god like UEG, who thought they were at the top of the world, to understand them.

"Some of us think that, for the time being, there is an ultimate set of higher universes including the universe that is now...yet why has it not die out? If space-time exists infinitely, it's of no surprise that such an existence will eventually appear, and there is no possibility that such an existence will destroy all universes on a whim. And if that possibility is not zero, then if there is an infinite amount of time, it is bound to happen, ain't it? But it doesn't. As far as we have been able to observe, a god who tries to become stronger than a certain level will eventually disappear. Then there are those who have made it, right? Maybe there's some kind of limit, some kind of standard in this universe?

Okay, another case of KH translation, and I hope I caught the correct japanese scan...
Darkness tells Maleficent "Only as a heart you can travel at the speed of light and break the time barrier", at least according to this fan-translation, and the "speed of light" segment has caused a ton of controversy in terms of how to take speed feats on the series, given that plenty of times they have gone FTL without this kind of issues or time travel.

Here's the raw japanese version, BTW.
心だけになって光速で時間の壁を破ることになる

Only as a heart will you break through the time barrier at the speed of light.

P1340747.JPG

Can someone translate the text below the (2) and (3) at the bottom left please. I Apologize if it's too tiny.

Up and at em early. Here is the next one, short like the last one.
囚われていた檻から解き放たれたそれは、新たに得たものにいまだ戸惑い、混乱しており、身裡に食いこむ棘のように感じられる何ものかに悶えた。苦痛とともに強烈な何かを、今までまったく知りもしなかった新しい何かを身にまとって、それはふたたび、もとの棲まいとしていた高位次元の広大な空間へとはばたいた。

悟りしひとのかんばせは気高く輝き、神々しい姿は何よりも尊い
その光明は何ものも及ぶことなく
太陽も月も宝玉の輝きも
その前にすべて失われ、あたかも墨塊の如くである

ようこそ、弥勒(ミトラ)......

......光(ミトラ)?

彼らの睡りはゆっくりと醒めていった。あたかも幼子が心地よいまどろみから覚めるように、彼らははじめて自分たちの身体の窮屈さを意識し、伸びをし、胸を広げてさわやかな大気を吸いこんだ。そうして思うさま手足を広げて、その場にたゆたった。

そこは天もなく、地もなく、生もなく死もない場所、あらゆる因果から解放された、自由

Released from its cage, it was still bewildered and confused by its new acquisition, writhing against something that felt like a thorn in its flesh. Wearing something painful and intense, something new and completely unknown to it, it fluttered back into the vast space of the higher dimension where it had originally resided.

The radiance of the enlightened one is high and radiant, and its divine form is more precious than anything else.
None can reach that light
The sun, the moon, the radiant jewel
Like lumps of ink, they are lost before it.

Welcome, Mithra....

...Mithra?

Slowly, they awake from their slumber. For the first time, they became aware of the tightness of their body, stretching and spreading their chest out to breathe in the fresh air, as if they were infants waking up from a comfortable slumber. Then they spread their arms and legs and swayed in place.

It was a place where there was no heaven, no earth, no life, no death, a place free from all of causality...

そこは天もなく、地もなく、生もなく死もない場所、あらゆる因果から解放された、自由の岸辺だった。

『一歩にしてあらゆる世界を闊歩するもの、一目にして千(ユ)の時代(ガ)の始まりと終わりを知るもの、一指の上に万の星々を弄ぶもの、万歳、鑽仰せられてあれ、汝、創造と維持と破壊の聖三身一体(トリムールテイ)よ』

彼らはおたがいの存在を意識し、同時に、それを自分自身と同一の者として受けとっていた。そうすることに、なんの苦労も要らなかった。すでに肉体を持っているときに、たがいを共有することを得ていたからだった。彼らは三体にして一身、三身にして一体をなす自分たちを、軽い驚きと喜びとともに受け入れた。

――泣いているのかしら。

かつて、セラと呼ばれていた少女がそう言った。

『人間が産まれるときにも泣くのだ。〈神〉が泣いて悪いこともあるまい』

黒い猫は空中に座り、悠然と尻尾を左右に振っていた。鈴が涼しい音を立てた。

『あれは一度破壊され、そして新しい存在として蘇った。いまのあれは、以前と連続してはいるが、もはや同一存在ではない。一族のもとへ戻ったとき、あれはまったく新しいものを種族に持ち帰るだろう。それがどのような影響をもたらすかは、まだわからない。いずれにせよ、先のことだ。君たちにとっては、まばたきの間かもしれないが』

--明るいな。星が見える。

サーフと言われていた銀髪の青年があたりを見回した。

It was a place where there was no heaven, earth, life, and death. It was a shore of freedom, unrestrained from all of causality.

'Thou in a single step can walk through all worlds, thou in a single glance knows the beginning and the end of a thousand ages, thou on a single finger can play with ten thousand stars, long live thou, O Trimurti of creation, preservation, and destruction.'

They were aware of each other's existence, and at the same time, took it as their own. They had no difficulty in doing so, for they had already learned to share each other when in physical form. They accepted themselves as one body in three, three bodies in one, with mild surprise and joy.

--I wonder if she's crying.

Said the girl once known as Sera.

'They cry when a human is born. There's nothing wrong with a <god> crying.'

The black cat sat in the air, its tail wagging leisurely from side to side. The bell made a cool sound.

'Now it is no longer the same being, although it is in continuity with the previous one. When it returns to its clan, it will bring something completely new back to the tribe. What effect that will have remains to be seen. Either way, it's a long way off. For you, it may be a blink of an eye.'

--It's bright. I can see the stars.

The silver-haired young man who had been known as Serf looked around.

I cannot sleep so, might as well kill time and pitch in a request amongst the tumbleweeds. Here.
ここは真っ暗で、ただ何もない場所だと思っていた。なのに今は、明るい。光がある。星もある。岸辺に打ち寄せるさざ波も。それから、音楽も……

『それは君たちの見る目が変わったからだ。すべてのものはさまざまな面を持ち、見る方向や見方によってさまざまな姿を見せる』銀色の目の黒猫は言った。『君たち自身が変化したために、見えるものも変わったのだ。今や君たちは、ここにある光と瞬き、それらが奏でる音楽を感じとることができる。星に見えるあのきらめき、あれらは、ひとつひとつが一個の世界なのだ。ほら、君たちのいた世界も、あそこに』

それはすぐ足の下に、波に洗われた石のように美しく息づいていた。つまみあげて、手の上で転がすことさえできそうだった。

そうした世界が見渡すかぎり、幾千幾万も、さらに幾億の上にも無数に散らばり、輝いていた。星々にも似た無限の世界の輝きは、あたりをあたかも星の海であるかのように、ほのかな明るさで充たしていた。

あの音はなんだ? どこかから聞こえてくる……

ヒートと名乗っていた赤毛の男が匂いをかぐように首をのばした。

『あれは存在が奏でる音だ』猫は言った。『すべての粒子は固有の振動数を持っている。それらが正しく振動するとき、物質は生まれ、消滅する。しかし、振動する粒子本体は消えず、別の振動数に移り、また別の物質が生まれる。こうして空間は、存在という永遠の音楽に充たされ、それは変化しつつも、けっして絶えることがない』

I thought this place was pitch black, just an empty place. But now, it's bright. There is light. There are stars. There are ripples on the shore. And then there's the music...

'That's because your eyes have changed. Everything has many facets and looks different depending on where you look and how you look at it,' said the silver-eyed black cat. 'What you see has changed because you have changed. Now you can sense the light and twinkling stars here, and the music they create. Those twinkling lights you see in the stars, each one of them is a world of its own. See, the world you were in is there, too.'

It was right under my feet, as beautiful as a stone washed by the waves. I could have picked it up and rolled it around in my hands.

As far as the eye could see, such a world was shining, scattered in countless numbers over thousands, tens of thousands, even hundreds of millions. The brilliance of these infinite worlds, similar to the stars, filled the area with a faint brightness, as if it were a sea of stars.

What's that sound? It's coming from somewhere...

The red-haired man who had called himself Heat stretched out his head as if to smell it.

'That is the sound of existence,' the cat said. 'Every particle has its own frequency. When correctly vibrated, matter is born and disappears. But the vibrating particles themselves do not disappear, they move to another frequency and another substance is born. Thus, space is filled with the eternal music of existence, which changes, but never ceases.'

メカニックではない。生体部品ではあるが、有機体とも無機物とも判定できない物質だ。個々の細胞構成はヒトに酷似しているが、奇妙な物理的不確定性を帯びている。主人格の認識の仕方によって形状と機能を変化し発達する、可逆性を持った万能細胞だ。また、体内の、この物質的三次元では座標を提示できない位置に、別の高位次元へのチャネルが開通している。これは何だ」

「おまえたちの駆動エネルギーを補給している経路だ」エンジェルは答えた。「その他にも機能があるのかもしれないが、そこまでは私も知らない。開発に直接かかわったのは軍部の技術者なのでね。ただ、そのチャネルの先には高位次元を介してつながる、ダークエネルギーの海があるということは知っている。この宇宙に存在する熱量の半分を占める、エネルギーの大海だ。おまえたちはそこからエネルギーを受けとり、活動する。アートマ態での行動やその能力の発揮には本来膨大なパワーが必要となるが、ダークエネルギーの総体から言えば雀の涙だ。理論上、おまえたち (ASURA〉は補給や補修の必要もなく、自己認識が崩壊するか主人格が消え去るまで、半永久的な自律活動が可能となる」

ゲイルは口を閉ざし、右手をあげて指先を見た。蒼い光が爪先にともり、〈ヴァーユ》の尖った爪が生え出すが、すぐに解けるように変形してもとの人間の指に戻った。エンジェルが鼻で嗤う。

「ここでアートマに変身することはできない、当然だが。ただし外部であれば、今、おまえが自分で確かめたように、そのボディは自己認識によって変形し、別の姿をとる。

"...It is not mechanic. It is a biological component, but it is a substance that cannot be judged as either organic or inorganic. Its individual cellular composition is very similar to that of a human, but it has a strange physical indeterminacy. It is a reversible universal cell that develops and changes its shape and function according to the way the primary personality perceives it. There is also a channel to another higher dimension in the body, in a position where the coordinates cannot be presented in this material third dimension. What is this?"

"This is the pathway that supplies your drive energy," Angel answered. "There may be other functions, but I don't know that much about them, since it was the military engineers who were directly involved in their development. I do know, however, that at the end of the channel is an ocean of dark energy that connects through the higher dimensions. An ocean of energy that accounts for half of the universe's heat. You receive energy from there and can utilize it. It takes an enormous amount of power to act and perform in the Ātman state, but it is only a small amount in comparison to the total amount of dark energy. Theoretically, you (ASURA) will be able to operate autonomously on a semi-permanent basis, without the need for replenishment or repair, until your self-awareness collapses or your primary personality disappears."

Gale closed his mouth and raised his right hand to look at his fingertips. A blue glow lit up the tips of his fingers, and the pointed nails of the Vayu sprouted out, but they quickly unraveled and transformed back into human fingers. Angel snickered.

"You can't transform into Ātman here, of course. However, if you are outside, as you have just confirmed for yourself, the body will transform and take on a different form through self-awareness..."

Back