• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ochako Uraraka Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! yeah i dont want to do this to my girl but yeah She shouldnt be 8-C from her quirk thats only hax not AP. The point of her quirk is to pretty much get rid or make something/ someone weightless, there is nothing physical about her quirk. There is also the fact that she physically is scaling (iirc) either Deku or Shinso but we dont even know if she is even comparable to them in the first place

That all I really have to say so what yall think?

Insert creative name here 12 said:
Well if she can kill 8C characters with fall damage she's technically 8C isn't she?
If I push an anvil off of a cliff and it crushes an 8-C character's head in, my AP shouldn't be 8-C.

I think that BlackeJan makes some good points.

Maybe we could scale her physical powers to her durability since it's normal in the MHA world for these two stats to be nearly equal? I agree that her Quirk shouldn't be 8-C.

@ArgosaxDespair; it doesn't make any sense to scale Attack Potency to a character's Durability without reason.

@ElixirBlue; which is still part of the same problem that this thread is trying to address.

I agree that her Quirk shouldn't have AP, since she is literally just dropping the robots, but I don't agree with not scaling her from Shinsou, have we already forgot that he was a below-average student at the time? Not to mention that Uraraka was able to restrain a casual Toga (who can outpace Tsuyu btw) and somehow keep up with Bakugou, things that I doubt Shinsou could easily pull off.

Outpace may not be the right word, Toga also pinned Tsuyu to a tree with a needle.

I already deleted the AP section of her Quirk, and put other feats in her profile to support the 9-A rating, this thread can be closed.

Not gonna lie but that's assumption about Uraraka scaling to Shinso and just cause he was a lower classmate that doesn't mean that she should be comparable. Also no she didn't keep up with Bakugou since

1) He kept his distance from her the entire time CAUSE of her quirk

2) she was able to get a surprise attack cause she was using the smoke to her advantage (that's the only reason why he even set up an a big explosion)

Thank you. I am fine with closing this thread if there are no complaints about it.

Should sports festival Shinsou scale to base Deku? I don't remember if he actually hurt Deku in any signifigant way.

It still makes no sense to have Ochako scale to Shinso when is an assumption that she could be comparable to him. Just cause he's in a lower classroom doesnt mean hes weaker

Insert creative name here 12 said:
It does she's shown above average physical ability and Shinso at that point had no training whatsoever
Just cause u have no training doesn't mean that u would be weaker then someone else, it's anime and plot so it can go either way for it. Also where has it shown that she is physically on his lvl cause it's just pure assumption for her to be that lvl but there is eveidmec of Shinso hurting Base Deku

Uraraka has her feat of overpowering Monoma, slapping away Poltergeist attacks from him, dodging and pinning a casual Toga and tanking Bakugou's explosions. Unironically arguing that she has inferior ability to sports festival Shinso is crazy

> Uraraka has her feat of overpowering Monoma, slapping away Poltergeist attacks from him, dodging and pinning a casual Toga and tanking Bakugou's explosions. Unironically arguing that she has inferior ability to sports festival Shinso is crazy

The items in bold don't really have anything to do with AP.

Monoma was able to hurt Base Deku with a simple tap on the face using the dual impact quirk. Uraraka was casually batting away several projectiles that had the dual impact quirk on them, and they likely were touched with far more force than Monoma touching Deku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back