• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
When have Obito and Madara ever used Izanami? Obito especially ain't using that shit with his Mangekyo that has Kamui on it and he can't cast it with Madara's Rinnegan either so that's out. Madara might do it only because he knows that when he gets Resurrected that he's gonna take his eye back from Obito. Also, what other would they even have after Chibaku Tensei because I don't remember them using any Sealing Jutsu other than that
If you're about to say that madara who fought in most great shinobi wars doesn't have any idea what izanami is even though itachi does this is a joke. Let alone obito using izanagi. Second why can't he use it with the rinnegan? Lmao

If you're about to say that madara who fought in most great shinobi wars doesn't have any idea what izanami is even though itachi does this is a joke. Let alone obito using izanagi. Second why can't he use it with the rinnegan? Lmao
I know they know how to use it and they can't cast it with the Rinnegan because Madara literally showcased the fact that he has to revert his Rinnegan back to his EMS to use Genjutsu with his Eyes.

where was dark sign brought up as thought based and not hand gesture movement?
Idk, I just see it in literally every matchup a Dark Souls Protag is used in. I'm honestly surprised Bambu hasn't shown up yet for a Matchup like this.

I'm pretty damn sure the Ashen One would see that coming because that's most obvious thing to do, so just don't look in their eyes.

I know they know how to use it and they can't cast it with the Rinnegan because Madara literally showcased the fact that he has to revert his Rinnegan back to his EMS to use Genjutsu with his Eyes.
He literally still has the the sharigan he doesnt need it in both eyes. Especially since he fights against naruto and kakashi and still uses kamui. He still doesn't have an answer to soul removal. Bonfire camping. Izanami. Genjustu.

where was dark sign brought up as thought based and not hand gesture movement?
Thank you literally restrict his movement and he cant use it. In every game it isnt thought based cause I'll go into a boss fight try to use it boom immediately molested.

Soul Removal isn't doing Jack Shit because the Ashen One's Resurrection is basically treated as Mid-Godly, Madara and Obito would never use Izanami In-Character and the Ashen One knows how to avoid their Genjutsu. Bonfire Camping is definitely their best bet though.

I'd like more clarification on thought based dark sign im suprised its been glossed over. especically for characters like the ashen one who don't have a true in character move and preps against the opponent.

Soul Removal isn't doing Jack Shit because the Ashen One's Resurrection is basically treated as Mid-Godly, Madara and Obito would never use Izanami In-Character and the Ashen One knows how to avoid their Genjutsu. Bonfire Camping is definitely their best bet though.
It forces him to respawn. They would use izanami against an enemy who they know they cant physically kill. Example would be obito using izanagi to survive. You're assuming he can fight perfectly fine with his eyes closed. And im going to stick with the planetary devistation seal cause I doubt dark sigh is thought based.

Orange Mask Obito using Izanagi with a Spare Sharingan is not the same as White Mask Obito not having another Sharingan on him to use Izanagi/Izanami and definitely not gonna use it with his own Sharingan. Madara would be the one that's more than likely to cast it due to his Edo Eyes going away after he gets revived, but I doubt he would go straight for Izanami when he could just attempt to use his Regular Genjutsu first.

Idk, I just see it in literally every matchup a Dark Souls Protag is used in. I'm honestly surprised Bambu hasn't shown up yet for a Matchup like this.
When the Dark Sign is used in-game, the player just dies. No action involved. Also, if Bambu shows up, he'll probably close the match, so don't jynx it if you want a conclusion

Orange Mask Obito using Izanagi with a Spare Sharingan is not the same as White Mask Obito not having another Sharingan on him to use Izanagi/Izanami and definitely not gonna use it with his own Sharingan. Madara would be the one that's more than likely to cast it due to his Edo Eyes going away after he gets revived, but I doubt he would go straight for Izanami when he could just attempt to use his Regular Genjutsu first.
Yeah just not enough for ashen one to win. And knowing they cant kill him izanami is coming out he would use it if it was necessary that being obito and there just isn't anything for the ashen one.

Anyways, I need to sleep because it's like 2 A.M for me at the moment. I'll check back on this as soon as I wake up later.

I dont know of a way to put it out (I might be having a brain fart or it might just be a memey game mechanic), but they can just BFR via killing him and removing the bonfire.
Well, yeah, that was the idea. The bonfires aren't indestructible far as I know, so they can just have one take it apart while the other stalls the ashen one, then he'll respawn somewhere out of the way.

Well, yeah, that was the idea. The bonfires aren't indestructible far as I know, so they can just have one take it apart while the other stalls the ashen one, then he'll respawn somewhere out of the way.
Then it'd be BFR unless to get back to the arena can take less then a week, cause then they would have to manually remove all bonfires to stop the rolling maniac

I mean, they are of the tier and range to cause mass destruction, but there's nothing stopping them from destroying every bonfire if needed. Or putting a bonfire in Kamui to BFR the Ashen One more directly.

The fight literally takes place in the Kiln of the First Flame, there's like 3 Bonfires there the Ashen One can use to get back.

Oh. Well, that doesn't sound all that hard to destroy then. The Ashen One would have difficulty to even do major damage to something as large as the Susanoo with their range and aoe, and they could not really hit Obito either. One of them distracts them while the other destroys the bonfires after the first few times they kill the Ashen One and realize what's up.

Oh. Well, that doesn't sound all that hard to destroy then. The Ashen One would have difficulty to even do major damage to something as large as the Susanoo with their range and aoe, and they could not really hit Obito either. One of them distracts them while the other destroys the bonfires after the first few times they kill the Ashen One and realize what's up.
You say that as if Killing the Ashen One once is easy. Also, the other Bonfire is literally in a separate building that's like a mile away that you need to use to teleport to the Kiln of the First Flame. Also, the Perfect Susano'o is literally on par with the Ashen One so it's not like they can't damage the damn thing, especially with Dark Drift cutting through it like butter because it's a Shield.

You say that as if Killing the Ashen One once is easy. Also, the other Bonfire is literally in a separate building that's like a mile away that you need to use to teleport to the Kiln of the First Flame.
Firstly, it is. His range is in the tens of meters tops. Madara would be way out of his range, and have far too much aoe for any of his attacks to be evaded. Obito won't be hit at all with Kamui, ashen one lacks an ability that could keep hitting Obito for five minutes non-stop, let alone with Madara there as well.

Secondly... a mile. Madara unsheating his susanoo's blade destroyed mountain ranges. A mile is nothing.

Also, the Perfect Susano'o is literally on par with the Ashen One so it's not like they can't damage the damn thing, especially with Dark Drift cutting through it like butter because it's a Shield.
No, it isn't a shield. It's a magical armor. And no, because he lacks the range. He can pierce maybe a few meters into the hundreds of meters tall susanoo. He cannot even hope to reach Madara once he pulls out the perfect Susanoo.

Throw in twenty five woodclones, and the Ashen One cannot even hope to get in range to strike Madara unless he wants him to.

Of course, I also assume fourt wall Obito doesn't have the tailed beasts, because... yeah, the Ashen One couldn't beat a single edo tailed beast, let alone six.

He literally One-Shots everything except the Perfect Susano'o and yeah, he doesn't have the AoE to destroy the whole Susano'o but I'm also pretty sure they can't destroy the Bonfires either since as far as I'm aware they're literally part of the First Flame, which is the strongest thing in the Verse aside from Lord of Hollows Ashen One. Also, he can totally damage the Susano'o especially since I heard that's getting Downgrade to High 6-C+ via scaling above the Tengai Shinsei because of Sage Mode's Multiplier getting removed. Anyways, I'm pretty sure Lightning Spear has Kilometers of Range given that it could travel the same distance that Gwyn's Sunlight Spear did in Dark Souls 1 and you can get that Miracle really early in Dark Souls 3, so he does have the Range to hit Madara in the Perfect Susano'o.

He literally One-Shots everything except the Perfect Susano'o
Doesn't matter if he can't hit anybody...
and yeah, he doesn't have the AoE to destroy the whole Susano'o
Saying "the whole" is rather misguiding in how little damage he can do to a 100 to 1000 meters tall giant with the range of standard swords and spells that move for about a few dozen meters with an aoe a a tenth that. And any damage done? Instantly repaired, because chakra is a non-factor to Madara.

but I'm also pretty sure they can't destroy the Bonfires either since as far as I'm aware they're literally part of the First Flame which is the strongest thing in the Verse aside from Lord of Hollows Ashen One.
They connect it and all that, but imma need a citation for them being indestructible. They were built, and nothing in the games claims they cannot be taken apart. Hell, isn't there a point where the boss drops the missing sword from the bonfire? And that doesn't mean they can't also simply throw it into kamui, unless it resists spatial manipulation/teleportation too?

Also, he can totally damage the Susano'o especially since I heard that's getting Downgrade to High 6-C+ via scaling above the Tengai Shinsei because of Sage Mode's Multiplier getting removed.
You do not seem to be understanding what the lack of range means here.

It could be tier 8 and it wouldn't matter. The Ashen One cannot reach its forehead, so they cannot reach Madara. The Susanoo can be recovered from any damage done to it instantly since Madara has unlimited chakra. The Ashen One's sword strikes wouldn't be long enough to break its "skin" and their magic wouldn't be wide spread enough to even make a large enough wound to force the susanoo to lower itself by falling on its knee or something.

Its like a wasp trying to kill a person. Sure, it can cut into the skin, but its stinger isn't big enough to get to anywhere.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Lightning Spear has Kilometers of Range given that it could travel the same distance that Gwyn's Sunlight Spear did in Dark Souls 1 and you can get that Miracle really early in Dark Souls 3, so he does have the Range to hit Madara in the Perfect Susano'o.
Assuming so, Madara simply leans a little back, because he still has sharingan prediction. Assuming the susanoo is a kilometer tall, Madara would have to move only a meter in the time the spear moves across a thousand, and... speed equal. He can do that with ease.

But, no. I did look it up to be sure, nothing about bonfires even remotly implies they are indestructible, so I vote Madara and Obito. Both could solo this.

What's funny is I made an Obito vs Ashen One Thread and no one gave a shit about it.

Also, if destroying the Bonfire was as simple as that than the Ashen One's Resurrection wouldn't be such a massive to overcome in every single Dark Souls Thread even with Dark Souls Supporters there, of which include Staff Members, now would it?

What's funny is I made an Obito vs Ashen One Thread and no one gave a shit about it.
A match-up being ignored isn't exactly new, so I fail to see the humor to it.
Also, if destroying the Bonfire was as simple as that than the Ashen One's Resurrection wouldn't be such a massive to overcome in every single Dark Souls Thread even with Dark Souls Supporters there, of which include Staff Members, now would it?
That is a fallacy, you realize? I do not care what others, staff members included, have said or haven't said. If you wish, you can take their arguments and paste them here if applicable.

But, uh, the fact that the Coiled Sword was removed from the bonfire with the first boss in Dark Souls III, depowering the bonfire itself, I don't think the argument has much to stand on.

Lets say the bonfire is illegal to destroy, what stops kamui? It would just be incon or a win for the pair for being unable to damage them.

Hey, Naruto threads are garbage, just here to correct Ricsi over a very minor detail.

Coiled sword wasn't removed from the bonfire in Dark Souls 3. It was pierced through Iudex Gundyr's chest and then placed into the bonfire. To uh... bonfire-ify it, I suppose. At no point is a bonfire destroyed in the series, despite characters aware of their function.

If you really want the resurrection to exist in a vs match, doing so is relatively simple, even if for whatever ungodly reason you come to the conclusion of destroying bonfires. Step 1: Ashen starts outside of the Painting, other characters start inside of the Painting. Step 2: Ashen goes into Painting, the bonfire he rests at is still outside. Step 3: Profit. Doing so doesn't provide an inherent advantage outside of assured functioning of Ashen One's res.

I now fade back to shadows once more. Weeb fight bad.

Hey, Naruto threads are garbage, just here to correct Ricsi over a very minor detail.

Coiled sword wasn't removed from the bonfire in Dark Souls 3. It was pierced through Iudex Gundyr's chest and then placed into the bonfire. To uh... bonfire-ify it, I suppose. At no point is a bonfire destroyed in the series, despite characters aware of their function.

If you really want the resurrection to exist in a vs match, doing so is relatively simple, even if for whatever ungodly reason you come to the conclusion of destroying bonfires. Step 1: Ashen starts outside of the Painting, other characters start inside of the Painting. Step 2: Ashen goes into Painting, the bonfire he rests at is still outside. Step 3: Profit. Doing so doesn't provide an inherent advantage outside of assured functioning of Ashen One's res.

I now fade back to shadows once more. Weeb fight bad.
before you fade away is the dark sign thought based?

eh
so all that has to happen is ashen one using of his many, many , many many ranged spells to kill madara and at that point its GG because even if he can't touch or kill obito he can still outlive him
and before you start anything about edo ashen one quite literally eats souls when he kills his enemy so the first hit to land on madara will be a GG for the red eye duo

What he does to enemies after he kills them doesn't matter. He can't do it before killing them.

And Madara outranges and can dodge with relative ease due to being more agile than even Bloodborne enemies and having prediction on his side with his eyes. Tens of meters range with trash aoe is not going to work.

What he does to enemies after he kills them doesn't matter. He can't do it before killing them.

And Madara outranges and can dodge with relative ease due to being more agile than even Bloodborne enemies and having prediction on his side with his eyes. Tens of meters range with trash aoe is not going to work.
one he can its called dark hand
two what does it matter that madara is agile(obito is a none factor honestly) he constantly lets people hit him in character. Like tsunade is nowhere near as speedy as madara yet he let her hit him more then 4 times and in this fight his pride will be his undoing as an attack from the ashen one will be lethal no matter what

Back