• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attack speed is equalized
“The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc”
Know what is said but over the years there's been several staff and users saying attack speed is not equalized despite the page conflicting with it.

Just look up "speed equalization projectile" and you'll be meet with a bunch of threads about the subject.

Izanagi is basically a get-out-of-jail-free card jutsu that manipulates reality to negate things that are disadvantageous to the user. Obito's version of this lasts upwards of 5 minutes as when he fought Konan, she dropped 600 billion explosions on his head for 10 consecutive minutes knowing that Kamui only lasts for 5 minutes, yet Obito used Izanagi to negate that anyways.

this means that if Obito uses Izanagi he can ignore death and injury for 5 whole minutes.
Then Whitebeard can just kill him for 10 minutes and then he’s blind.
Saying that it would be hard for Obito to get to WB because of quakes that are thousands of KMs ignores that even with speed equalized they are both either Sub Rel or FTL+, and crossing a couple thousand KM for either speed is a thing of seconds.
I say this because Obito would be consistently getting knocked back by Whitebeard’s quakes.

Then Whitebeard can just kill him for 10 minutes and then he’s blind.
That’s not how Izanagi works, he’s not immortal for 5 minutes, Izanagi turns reality into an illusion so that he can’t be stricken with the negative effects of anything. for those 5 minutes WB can’t do anything to him at all.
I say this because Obito would be consistently getting knocked back by Whitebeard’s quakes.
Obito wouldn’t be being affected by the attacks at all. Any damage or death caused would effectively be a dream that took place.

Does it trigger automatically? I'd imagine he'd still need to react / actively choose to activate it.

Also Does Juibito even use Izanagi in character? I know he did against Konan in a different key and it was very early onto the fight. Isn't this version of Obito like low key bat shit insane?

That’s not how Izanagi works, he’s not immortal for 5 minutes, Izanagi turns reality into an illusion so that he can’t be stricken with the negative effects of anything. for those 5 minutes WB can’t do anything to him at all.
This doesn’t change anything. Obito’s body will be destroyed over and over and he’ll have to rebuild it using Izanagi. Just killing an Izanagi user over and over is how Sasuke beat Danzo. All Izanagi is, is the creation new matter and energy. It can’t erase things.
Obito wouldn’t be being affected by the attacks at all. Any damage or death caused would effectively be a dream that took place.
It is true Obito can just build a new body for himself next to Whitebeard and then try to TSO him, but Whitebeard can midigate the damage by dodging and then just kill him again with aoe. By the second time Obito tries this strategy Whitebeard will have adjusted to it and can kill him without getting tagged again.

Is Izanagi 5 minutes? I thought that was Kamui

Also not sure why it's being assumed Obito will always start off with whatever he needs to instantly beat an opponent. I've never seen him open up with something like Izanagi then following it up with a Genjutsu / TSO.

That really doesn't strike me as a first move in character for Obito no matter the key, whereas Whitebeard has always started off with quakes as his first move. I'd wager that Whitebeard has the highest probability of landing his win-con rather than Obito's who requires the assumption that he'll magically opt to use Izanagi right from the start of the fight, following up with a Genjutsu / TSO attack.

Also not sure why it's being assumed Obito will always start off with whatever he needs to instantly beat an opponent.
No one said that, I was just clearing up the misconception about Izanagi
I've never seen him open up with something like Izanagi then following it up with a Genjutsu / TSO.
Izanagi into GJ is PM what he did to Konan.

Also if he were to almost get oneshotted by WB he has no reason to try anything besides his TSO or GJ.

I wouldn't wager on the TSO in this case. Mainly since Whitebeard can nuke em via vibrations with AP that should be >>>> Obito's TSO. (BTW they really should have a durability for the TSO's in the profile since they're far from being indestructible.)

A couple of things for these arguments before wincons,

Haki vs TSO

Buso is not negging TSO, the only real difference between Haki and the spiritual Aspect of Chakra that has been presented is that Haki is more spiritual in nature and that Chakra is not life force. For one, how spiritual Haki is compared to chakra doesnt matter for whether of not the TSO can erase Haki because all chakra based abilities are erased indiscriminately, TSO dont have some limitation where if a power is more attuned to your life force they can no longer negate the ability, the only exceptions are power drawn from the environment(Natural Energy) and Six Path Chakra. If Haki doesn't fulfill those requirements, there is no reason for them to be treated as some kind of exception. How SBA equalizes power systems supports this anyways.

Haki and Chakra are both Life force-based energies that tie to the soul, no semantical debate is going to change anything rn especially since that is how they are both accepted on site. If you don't like it on either side make a CRT to change things (although one is already in the works on the Naruto side so that's probably not needed.). but until then TSO will absolutely work on Haki.
I'm sorry but what?

They tie to the soul in the manner that they can affect it. They can both affect souls ≠ they are both spiritual in nature.
Chakra is Mental and Physical. Brain power and Cellular Energy. Haki is life force and spirit.
Negating brain power and cellular energy does not mean you can negate life force and the soul.

The point is not that TSOs have a limitation towards spiritual mechanics, it's that it has yet to show that it can affect a power system based on life force, and saying it can do so is a NLF when this is a mechanic that works specifically towards ninjutsu.

Buso is negging TSO solely because TSOs have no evidence of being able to affect Buso, not because it's weak towards it or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back