• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shinobi in Naruto are as much like real ninjas as the SHs are like real Pirates with their flying boat and Magic rubber god captain
Nah. Fodder in both verses perfectly encapsulates the concept of Shinobi and pirate's.

Ong at least One Piece and Nards still have dudes running around with Kunai doing ninja shit and pirate's doing actual pirate shit. Just gotta be literal Fodder and you'll be gucci.

I don't care about the match up but people need to stop saying "uh, genjutsu is not part of his starting moves" as an argument against Sharingan users incapacitating with the jutsu
They usually don't start with it because every chunin level ninja not named Naruto know to avoid looking directly at the user's eye or knows how to break it.
It's an unspoken ninja rule that whenever you're facing a sharingan user, make sure you have a partner who can break you out.
In the abscence of that, you flee
That does not apply to people with Zero knowledge on the mechanics

Even against ninjas, if they catch you lacking, they WILL use it

Last edited:
I don't care about the match up but people need to stop saying "uh, genjutsu is not part of his starting moves" as an argument against Sharingan users incapacitating with the jutsu
They usually don't start with it because every chunin level ninja not named Naruto know to avoid looking directly at the user's eye or knows how to break it.
It's an unspoken ninja rule that whenever you're facing a sharingan user, make sure you have a partner who can break you out.
In the abscence of that, you flee
That does not apply to people with Zero knowledge on the mechanics

Even against ninjas, if they catch you lacking, they WILL use it
You summarized what I explained in 5 long articles better than me, brother.😭

Except if he’s struggling to beat someone by any other means he has no reasons not to.
Again, he won't get a chance to.
After he's already beat her with Izanagi, Obito was literally face to face with her multiple times even when he's already taken severe damage and landing genjutsu was something he needed to do
I already explained this above and to elaborate: Obito was acting very different from how he normally acts in that fight since he can't use Kamui
when he brainwashed Yagura.
Didn't he come to Kirigakure with the intention of brainwashing Yagara?
Because they were fodder to him. Why use GJ on someone you can one shot with a wave of your hand with the floating balls of death around your head.
They can regenerate from his hits so Genjutsu would be more effective in keeping them down, and they were also extremely careful to avoid his TSOs which they couldn't regenerate from
He was.

He was already waivering when the Juubi was first revived.

rather than nuke everyone with the ten tails he chose to slowly kill all of Naruto’s allies to break him.

His bonds with Minato, Kakashi, and Rin(which he swore in his life he cast aside) was the only reason he was able to salvage his sanity to control the Ten Tails.
Not enough that it was impairing him significantly other than just not nuking the battlefield. Also if Obito wanted to break him, then genjutsu would be a very effective and easy way to do so.
I don’t think WB is gonna rizz up some random alien goon trying to kill him.
He rizzed up a random wayward youth trying to kill him. Haki can also sense emotions iirc so...
It’s a power that comes with being the Juubi Jin and something he likely has.
Madara needed the Rinnesharingan to cast the IT, which Obito doesn't have. If he could use IT then he would have.

Again, he won't get a chance to.
like i said earlier I'll elaborate on that later when im less lazy
After he's already beat her with Izanagi,
which is GJ.
Obito was literally face to face with her multiple times even when he's already taken severe damage and landing genjutsu was something he needed to do
Obito was toying with her and self admittedly said he underestimated her, then she immediately drops billions of paper bombs on him to which Obito responds by sneak stabbing her and GJing her.
I already explained this above and to elaborate: Obito was acting very different from how he normally acts in that fight since he can't use Kamui
Juubito can't either become intangible either so that point doesnt really matter here.
Didn't he come to Kirigakure with the intention of brainwashing Yagara?
we do not know tbh
They can regenerate from his hits so Genjutsu would be more effective in keeping them down
except they can't regen TSO which Obito was mainly using because they are far more effective at completely erasing people he doesn't care about.
and they were also extremely careful to avoid his TSOs which they couldn't regenerate from
you're also assuming Obito cared to beat the Kage, his main goals were Nard and to use IT on the world.

he proved he could outspeed them, was far stronger, and could erase them with TSO. and they couldn't even do damage to him because of his immunity to ninjutsu.

not using it on people who are pretty much bugs to him doesn't prove he won't use it on someone capable of beating him.
Not enough that it was impairing him significantly other than just not nuking the battlefield.
it impaired him so much that rather than oneshot everyone and use Infinite Tsukuyomi, which no one present would have been able to stop at all, instead he got into a debate and ego'd into a soul vs soul tug-of-war match with people he was already far stronger than and lost.
Also if Obito wanted to break him, then genjutsu would be a very effective and easy way to do so.
Kurama could likely just break Nard out or switch places with Nard, which we've seen he can do.
He rizzed up a random wayward youth trying to kill him. Haki can also sense emotions iirc so...
WB doesn't have the kind of connection and similarities with Obito to warrant that.

Obito's mental was slowly chipped at after multiple interactions with watching Naruto's altruistic nature and watching him singlehandedly change the world along with them sharing a dream and being very similar as a children.

Obito isn't gonna listen to some random person trying to interject in him way of life. I doubt WB would even try tbh.
Madara needed the Rinnesharingan to cast the IT, which Obito doesn't have. If he could use IT then he would have.
Madara sprouted his Rinnesharingan when he was looking at the moon ready to cast the GJ, which Obito hadn't done yet, and it was stated several times to be a product of becoming a Juubi Jin. The whole race to beat Obito was because he was going to use the Jutsu if they failed.

Obito can also cast it off the Flower at the top of the Shinju Tree

Let's be frr. He didn't win because his mental was boomed.

Last edited:
Obito can also cast it off the Flower at the top of the Shinju Tree
Whitebeard should be able to break it pretty easily. The tree, not the Genjutsu. If Obito uses the tree to cast it Whitebeard can react before he does via Kenbunshoku and just outright nuke it.

Although I doubt that'd even happen since Whitebeard can turn Obito into mush and I find the argument of TSO being able to negate a series of vibrations / earthquakes at him. TSO can nullify and erase Ninjustu, matter (Which vibrations are not conventional matter and they're already smaller than what TSO can effect. )

Madara truth seeker shield blocked Might guys punch which is just shockwaves. That should prove that TSB can block vibrations.

What even are wb waves made up of if anything?? Cause a vibration is like just the movement of something.

What even are wb waves made up of if anything?? Cause a vibration is like just the movement of something.
They're just normal vibrations that can travel throughout any medium. Hence why blocking it is useless, it's just how they interact with matter.

Basically it's just natural energy, something that TSO explicitly can't effect.

Current votes? Still not seeing how Obito is avoiding being turned to mush at the start because of the range difference + the very nature of vibrations.

Body flicker isn't a option here either since Whitebeard has more than enough range and AoE to make sure Obito can't dodge. Far as I'm aware Body flicker isn't fast enough to avoid hundreds to thousands of KM AoE attacks that travel in the air, ground, etc.

Current votes? Still not seeing how Obito is avoiding being turned to mush at the start because of the range difference + the very nature of vibrations.

Body flicker isn't a option here either since Whitebeard has more than enough range and AoE to make sure Obito can't dodge. Far as I'm aware Body flicker isn't fast enough to avoid hundreds to thousands of KM AoE attacks that travel in the air, ground, etc.

Izangi should do the trick or just out heal the damage quick enough

Izangi should do the trick or just out heal the damage quick enough
That would be a double edged sword. He'd lose a Sharingan. No Sharingan, no Genjutsu which is what he'd need to rely on to win.

Not sure how that works with Biju regeneration but I'd assume he can't regenerate his lost eyes afterwards or him or Madara would be impossible to kill.

One of you Nard fans gimme a good match for Marco.

I want a damn Marco thread for once. Ong yall act like Nard and OP only have like 5 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back