• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nyarlathotep (Cthulhu Mythos) VS The Presence (DC Comics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't touching one hit wonder concepts like Overvoid or any of other Morrisons shit .

But The Ultimate void is something that represents the complete nothingness

Great Darkness / Light is created by Yahweh from the void itself in dr fate series .

The void i've been referred is the void beyond all the voids .[http:// the infinite nothingness , the cosmic emptiness that existed before thought , shape and form http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qXSdfI3FBcA/VesWWo9BN_I/AAAAAAAPnDg/zrxqacsgAYw/s1600/118_19.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xwXts0WNFY4/VesWXSxctQI/AAAAAAAPnDw/YPsrIA0zFYw/s1600/118_20.jpg The infinite nothingness that existed even before the thought , shape and form ], shape or even form .

It's been hinted by demattis to be aaspect of god several times .

is this even a battle? the presence stomps. we just decided that the presence and hajun are comparable, and hajun would erase nya with less than a thought.

@Apprentice

Actually we decided that both are huge walking NLF so we gave up when trying to compare them.

Am I the only one who thinks this wiki should have a "Don't try to use other threads as an excuse to power scale from a character from a totally different franchise" rule or something like that?

Seriously, that's the fifth time I see people saying "This character defeated this other character in this thread, so, he would win." I don't know why people do that, the other threads aren't canon to the characters in any way, shape or form and they have nothing to do with the current thread.

Those 1-A battels are really boring "sigh"

Also if all agree the presence is walking NLF why using him again ?

The lack of understanding how 1-A fights work is stagnating. All this "curbstomping 1-As" and "baseline 1-A" stuff means nothing.

For every "category" of 1-A (baseline 1-A, mid tier, high tier or whatever) there's an infinite hierarchy above and below it.

Like the Chousin. So what if the Chousin are the only 1-As in Tenchi Muyo? Their abilities are far more impressive than a verse with endless 1-As that only have reality warping. Number of 1-As mean nothing, so what if the Presence is superior to Lucifer, Michael, and Mother Night. They aren't very impressive in comparison to the Outer Gods.

@Ven

This is true.

I'd post stuff about how the Outer Gods are described as transcending all hierarchy and forms of perspective and change all just being illusions that only entities lesser than them experience, but it'd probably be pointless since I already took the liberty of compiling this stuff, ages ago.

I think the problem with 1-A fights is the ignorance towards the other contender which ends up in situations like this.

Apprentice21 said:
is this even a battle? the presence stomps. we just decided that the presence and hajun are comparable, and hajun would erase nya with less than a thought.
We actually didn't decided shit, most people says hajun stomp and one guy said the The Presence stomp and says both characters are NLF character "although i don't know what make Presence NLF character"

Funny 1-A battles are always one side claim they stomp the other and so forth

Ok I'm going to try and straighten this out: Is the presence beyond all limiting concepts, not just time and space? If so, provided with a source, then I'd say the battle is a draw, if not i would say Nyarlathotep, simply because he does transcend all conceptions.

How so? Remember his true form has never appeared in a story as he has only appeared as avatars.

"Complete and utter inability to ever die. This is typically reserved for questionable omnipotents." -Type 5 immortality

Note 'typically'.

Typically meaning how it's also reserved for those a tier below 0, high 1-A. Yog-soth is a example of that part, so he's logically above him. The concept of death is not a meaningful factor here, but the possiblity of getting erased from the entirety is.

Nyarlathotep is the soul of the outer gods. He is literally bound to Azathoth, were he to 'die' would imply Azathoth died.

Also at the scale of the outer gods all concepts are irrelevant including existence and non-existence.

Yes, however in my conditions for victory i stated that victory by death was not an option so merely victory via power.

Hmm, no. The very definiton of tier 0 is to be boundless, if azathoth had any kind of weakness such as being bound to nya then that's downplaying his tier. If Yog-soth is not above nya then i really doubt the scaling system.

Yeah basically what i said. I said nyarlathotep is bound to azathoth, you can think of it like an avatar. Nyarlathotep is literally the soul of the outer gods, so you'd have to kill them all to kill him. How is being bound to nyarlathotep a weakness anyway? If god bound my life to his, would that make god tier 10-B?

Hat mchat said:
Yeah basically what i said. I said nyarlathotep is bound to azathoth, you can think of it like an avatar. Nyarlathotep is literally the soul of the outer gods, so you'd have to kill them all to kill him. How is being bound to nyarlathotep a weakness anyway? If god bound my life to his, would that make god tier 10-B?
Is your post intentionally irrational? This is how the wiki defines tier 0,

0: "True Infinity"
Beings that are boundlessly above absolutely everything, including existence and nonexistence, possibility, causality, dualism and non-dualism, the concepts of life and death, and their analogues at any level.

Basically the supreme entity of every franchise. If you can kill azathoth then he is not tier 0.

^exactly, you can't kill azathoth and therefore you can't kill nyarlathotep due to it's relation to azathoth. Azathoth is boundlessly above everything.

Nyarlathotep's type 5 immortality also comes from the fact that the outer gods are above all concepts and boundaries including existence and non-existence, so 2 cases for type 5.

Also i think you are misinterpreting what i mean by binding. A better way to put it would be linked

It's not that Azathoth will also die if Nya dies, it's that Nya won't die unless Azathoth dies, and nothing can kill Azathoth. Although, instead of Type 5, wouldn't that be the best Type 8 ever?

Hat mchat said:
^exactly, you can't kill azathoth and therefore you can't kill nyarlathotep due to it's relation to azathoth. Azathoth is boundlessly above everything.
Nyarlathotep's type 5 immortality also comes from the fact that the outer gods are above all concepts and boundaries including existence and non-existence, so 2 cases for type 5.
you can't possibly bind a soul to something that is by nature boundless. Azathoth conceives everything as his dream, and that stops there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back