• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NOTICE - Dragon Ball Super

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Recently, there has been a tremendous influx of Dragon Ball Super activity.

Unfortunately, 99.99% of the activity is redundant, and the recurrence of the threads, combined with the sheer energy drain, is causing a tremendous amount of strain on the managing staff.

The activity pertaining to Dragon Ball Super has gone from "energetic" to being a deterrent to the community.

Reduce all activity related to Dragon Ball Super exponentially, or we will have to create and enforce strict rules to the same effect.

This is the last and final warning.

Definitely support this wholefully and heartfully. This has really gotten too far now and needs to calm the H down drastically or else...

Going to point out that, as lenient as I normally am, the number of threads and posts regarding even the most minor thing in DBS has gotten completely out of hand, and while I am normally not one to stop people from talking about something that isn't directly harmful, this is a necessary measure.

these new threads are meanigless... speculating about tiers with absolutely minimal information is meaningless

if any of the tiers have to be discussed, it should be after we get useful information

so yes, i think these kinds of threads should be limited, any speculations can be done in the dbs discussion thread

i agree wholeheartedly, i have seen a lot of unecessary threads only focus on Zeno's tier which we already decided before. Also limiting Hit and Goku's threads is also an extra measure, there have been way too many Hit and goku' wanker.

(I am not sure if I should post here, as this is not the staff discussion part, but only staff has commented so maybe only staff members can comment, sorry in advance then)

But I agree

I think the following steps should be taken

1. The speculation threads should last two weeks then be locked, if the maximum comment count is reached and it is locked a we before this 2 week deadline. Sorry, but you will have to wait a few days and talk about it somewhere else like the chat until a new thread is made by the admin after the 2 weeks passed.

2. Lock absolutely every Dragon Ball profile, so assumed hype cannot be posted on it.

3. Limit what can be posted on them. Stuff like "Screwattack is eating their words" or "Goku is the best" written randomly" should be deleted if they are irrelevant (I think it is fine to say a comment like this like a few hours to a fay after a feat filled DBS episode, but do not say it in the middle of the week for no reason)

4. I think a rule should be made that you cannot post versus matches or revise the stats of a character until he has appeared and showed his feats across a whole season. When the season is over, then make threads for him

as said, sorry in advance if I cannot post here, Inwas just giving my opinions

yeah i agree with this ppl should really calm down about DBS fan makes a really good point

There is no "unfortunately" and it's beyond that. There is "frustratingly, obnoxiously detrimental" to the staff and the innocent users. It would be great for Goku to win against Superman for once for some people, but this negative attitude of superfluously exaggerating either is not how users should do things here.

From now on, VS Wikia will be taken care of much more effectively and seriously...

Lord Kavpeny and I will look into how we should word the new regulations concerning Dragon Ball, if it turns necessary, with help from staff input, and they would likely be considerably more severe. For the moment though, we focus on the notice.

Antvasima said:
Lord Kavpeny and I will look into how we should word the new regulations concerning Dragon Ball, if it turns necessary, with help from staff input, and they would likely be considerably more severe. For the moment though, we focus on the notice.
Ant, how do my ideas sound?

well as for the main discussion thread, imo they cud be made after post limit is reached, but ban on other speculation threads is something i agree with

Rule 4 is fine, although othervise we will probably have to write more generalised/catch-all discussion rules. Page vandalism is not really an issue for Dragon Ball at the moment.

I do not know.

Since allowing all of the long DB discussions is attracting lots of unreasonable fans to the wiki, and waste the time of staff members, due to getting out of hand, we might have to do something drastic, such as forbidding all discussions about the topic, except when there is new solid information that needs to be evaluated.

Antvasima said:
I do not know.
Since allowing all of the long DB discussions is attracting lots of unreasonable fans to the wiki, and waste the time of staff members, due to getting out of hand, we might have to do something drastic, such as forbidding all discussions about the topic, except when there is new solid information that needs to be evaluated.
We made the meme thread because people kept posting them on the main discussion thread.

Okay. Well, my apologies, but it is hard to make a rule just to allow lots of exceptions. The staff members are apparently turning exasperated from drowning in Dragon Ball threads all of the time. Sorry.

Alexcar3000 said:
W-Will those new rules... "kill" our DBS meme thread? (Ôê®Ôò╣ÔûíÔò╣Ôê®)
We might have to get rid of the meme thread if it proves deterrent to activities of staff members. The admins and discussion mods have to patrol every discussion thread to make sure the wiki rules are not violated. Those discussion threads are akin to the ones on Kanzenshuu, however this is NOT Kanzenshuu or Dragon Ball Wiki. We focus on indexing stats of all kind of media, as Antvasima pointed out the Dragon Ball threads are attracting the type of users we don't need here.

Our wiki is losing it's focus and purpose with the frequent Dragon Ball threads.

I agree with Faisal. We cannot continue to treat Dragon Ball more favourably than everything else. It drains our energies.

Seriously, I wanted to do different people from different realities, and never overspecialized in just Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball this and that is not our only goal and it is draining our energies and affecting us mentally.

Antvasima said:
I agree with Faisal. We cannot continue to treat Dragon Ball more favourably than everything else. It drains our energies.
Should I close the meme thread then? What do you say? I don't really mind if the activity goes down, the staff are only interested in meaningful contribution. I am taking summer courses and don't have the energy to monitor useless threads alongside my studies

I agree with the premise, however, I should note that this won't completely stop the influx, as the hype is rather abnormally high.

Additionally, to any DB Super fans out there, I want to note that we are willing to do this to any series if it begins to border on the extremes like DBS, this was not made simply to censor the DBS fans alone, rather, to protect this wiki's credibility and the staff's mentalities.

Yes. If the DB fans do not listen, we will likely have to make a rule forbidding all DB discussions, except for regular upgrade threads, if there is new information.

You are authorised to instantly close any unnecessary DB discussion threads, yes.

Absolutely. I don't want a tragedy, so let's expand this to any and all series.

And if certain DB fans are getting out of hand (within versus threads or othervise), staff members are also authorised to block them.

Back