• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not explosion of universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. This debunk actually seems reliable, going by the linked images. It seems like only most life within the universe was wiped out via a chain reaction, not the stars and planets.

I'll agree with Ant for the time being, but some experts of DC would be much appreciated here.

So, should we strictly scale Superboy Prime from his galaxy feat instead, and create an explanatory footnote linking to the images above?

It's not possible for only life to be destroyed within all of the universe with only AP and no hax. And it didn't look like a chain reaction in the slightest. Just an omnidirectional wave and boom. DC likes using words when their feats contradict showing. Cough cough 13 trillion c flash while writers say almost lightspeed cough.

The real cal howard said:
DC likes using words when their feats contradict showing. Cough cough 13 trillion c flash while writers say almost lightspeed cough.
That ones a classic.

Agreed about the hax. The feat does not particularly make any sense.

In the comments it is argued against the debunking. The Universe was destroyed but recreated by the monitors, but all the life died from the Morticoccus virus.

Yes. I suppose that this feat should stay then.

One more thing. I'm just copy/pasting this from the CV thread, so it might be a little mean, but the debunking to the debunking is helpful just in case anyone else says anything else.

"Posted By AgentofChaos1 - 1 year ago Superboy-Prime (/w Oan Guardian Amp) had tanked Monarch's Quantum Blast, which had destroyed the Earth-51 Universe in a Big Bang:

Superboy-Prime's entire fight with Monarch, taken From Countdown to Final Crisis, is shown here:

imgur.com/a/4UA5A#1

First off, Scan 4 does include a panel in which Monarch managed to hurt Prime with a Quantum"Nuke", but this Nuke had possessed a unknown yield - we don't know how strong the force of the Quantum blast was and, in fact, Panel 6 actually shows Monarch mention that his Quantum-based power is "like the Big Bang itself". That being said, this so-called "Nuke" would've obviously been leagues above any man-made Nuclear bomb.

In the same issue, we also see that Earth-51's Monitor, Nix Uotan, had still managed to survive the Earth-51 Universe's destruction. His personal shields didn't only save him and the surrounding radius, but also saved a Plant that had been nearby:

static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/2801798-countdown13p21.jpg

Now, a lot of people try to debunk this feat due to the fact that not only did a minuscule part of it survived, but that there was some Light available to illuminate it, suggesting that the Sun was still there. This, however, shows a blatant ignorance of Astronomy as it takes 8.7 Minutes for Light to travel from the Sun to Earth - the Light in the panel had only been there due to being in the middle of travelling from the Sun to Earth, similar to how we can see long-dead Stars as if they were still lit up in Space. The Stars themselves are long dead, but the Light leaving those Stars actually takes thousands and thousands of years to reach Earth:

www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/08/13/are_the_stars_you_see_in_the_sky_already_dead.html

Some of that Light was also likely from Monarch's Quantum explosion itself, but not necessarily all of it.

Despite the destruction, though, the Multiversal "Orrery of Worlds"survived the destruction of Earth-51, and repairs were immediately started, as was shown and stated in Final Crisis #1:

images.sequart.org/images/Orrery.jpg

"The Multiversal Orrery has survived repair after the loss of moving part: Universe 51"

Solomon, the Monitor of Earth-8, actually confirms In Countdown to Final Crisis that the Earth-51 Universe had been completely destroyed and "reconstituted" afterwards by the Monitors - it makes reference to the "Morticoccus", as well, an adaptive strain of the OMAC Virus that ravaged the newly-reconstituted Earth-51 Universeafter it was destroyed and repaired from Monarch's explosion:

static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/89194/3044871-countdown4p13.jpg

"Even though I've wrested the great disaster from him...allowing the Morticoccus to thrive in Nix Uotan's reconstituted Fifty-First Universe instead of that original Universe--essentially destroying the same Monitor's domain twice..."

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Morticoccus_Virus

A panel taken from Final Crisis #7 elaborates further on this point, fully describing how Earth-51 had been repaired by taking pieces of other Universes (Moons, Planets, Stars, ect...) and adding them to the Earth-51 Universe - this had been just after Darkseid died in Final Crisis:

i.imgur.com/uwgjcky.jpg

"I saw the World remade with my own eyes. With pieces from other times, other places. All in a vision that came to me in Command-D"

That being said, after Earth-51 was repaired and then ravaged again by the Morticoccus, the entire Universe had been barren by the time that Superman and the Ultraman of the Anti-Matter Universe arrived there in "Final Crisis: Superman Beyond #1":

static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60791/3015699-1216813080-42154.jpg

You fail

@tensor@theonewhoknows"

Since this seems pretty debunked (the op is debunked i mean), want me to close this any time soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back