• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reimu attempts to go after another God (Of War)

BlastX

He/Him
I was debating whether to use either Zeus or Ares, I guess I just switch to Zeus if this turn too stompy against Ares.

Anyways, Reimu defeated Norse Kratos through the power of Hax, AP and Kratos not wanting to hurt children, so let's see other who do not have two of those handicaps.

This is Reimu VS Ares, battle takes place in the place in the Earth's Core (Where Sonic fought Dark Gaia in Unleashed).

Speed is not equal cause they're both Infinite.

The God of idiot moves to end all idiot moves:0

Lazy Shrine Maiden:0

Kratos shows up, kills Ares, spares Reimu and leaves(Draw):0

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ares_(God_of_War)

Quite the match.

Ares can steal her powers and make them his own on a whim and his power nullification can overcome Kratos' own resistance to it via tanking Zeus' Fury, with all magic being 4-dimensional in potency. He can also pin her down instantly via his far greater telekinetic might, limiting her non-thought based powers.

But Reimu apparently oneshots and has a bunch of instant win powers from what I can gather from her profile, not to mention Fantasy Nature making their fight a pain. Though, Ares has far greater stamina and endurance than her, for what that's worth.

Honestly, looks like an inconclusive to me. Both can deal with each other and it comes down to who's quicker on the draw for their powers.

Oh yeah, that. But it kinda ties back to that whole issue of Reimu oneshotting and stuff.

I don't recall Reimu having resistance to BFR, so it depends if she can survive the clone wars.

....The tens of meters range Danmaku, that one?

Huh. Ares senses her strength and goes "your powers are mine lol" then. Voting for Ares for now.

Reimu hits Ares with her Ying-Yang orb and he disintegrates

While 100 perceived copies of her laugh at him

When will you people learn that GoW and Touhou don't mix yet.

Anyways, this is surprisingly quite close, since Reimu's passive fatehax are always tilting victory in her favor; If she can win, she will. From there, 2-B spatial intangibility is basically impossible to counter, while Reimu has free reign to throw out stuff like type 1 concept hax, transmutation, and paralysis (or just oneshotting). Also, she does in fact resist BFR, and has dimensional travel besides.

Considering Reimu's Fantasy Nature is thought based, while it is technically possible for Ares to throw out one of several wincons first, it's a bit more likely that Reimu's passives (combined with her ESP giving her information on Ares' strength and emotional state) will just give her the opportunity to **** off and become untouchable.

Also, why the hell does Ares have resistance to non-physical interaction?

Methinks he does.
listen i completely forgot we gave everyone in 2hoe type 4 acausality you expect me to remember stuff for gow acausals

Ares starts with mind rape. His philosophy is breaking opponents spirit is best way to defeat them.
He also good info analytics, ESP and Clairvoyance. So he can make informed decisions in combat.

And obviously there's the clone wars and BFR/mimcry/null/steal bullshit.

As for Type 4 Acausality, it's your typical Type 4, and no extra resistance beyond that. Although there is the probability resistance stuff embedded into his soul.

Without 2-B range, he can't do much. And Fantasy Nature is thought based, so unless any of that shit is passive on Ares' end, this might be an incon.

Granted, this isn't taking fatehax into account.

And obviously there's the clone wars and BFR/mimcry/null/steal bullshit.
Outside of prior games, Reimu has a track record of transporting herself to other dimensions freely. During the events of Touhou 16, Reimu figured out a way to prevent herself from being BFR'd by gathering the boundary adjacent to that which was under Okina's control. It's also heavily implied that this power is similar to Yukari's ability to manipulate boundaries. BFR'ing her will only slow her down, if that'll even have a lasting effect that will matter in any significant way. She'll simply come back.

Reimu has also had her powers stolen and used against her by Okina. She's been there and done that, and still came out on top.

As for the plethora of Mind-based hax that Ares has, where do I even start?

Last edited:
All of Ares' hax and resistances are 4-D in potency as well. Heck, Kratos' resistances were like that and Ares negs him all the same.

And like, her probability hax has made people abandon their starting moves and fundamental nature? Because that's what Ares will open with essentially every time. S thought-based BFR/clone war/power null.

All of Ares' hax and resistances are 4-D in potency as well. Heck, Kratos' resistances were like that and Ares negs him all the same.

And like, her probability hax has made people abandon their starting moves and fundamental nature? Because that's what Ares will open with essentially every time. S thought-based BFR/clone war/power null.
Nah, doesn't work like that. Just tilts everything in her favor, enough to overpower multiple layers of fatehax that cause people to instantly lose a fight. So really, it'd just make her far more likely to win, which is 100% doable if she opens with Fantasy Nature.

As mentioned before though, Reimu has several counters to BFR. I'm well aware the mindhax would work though.

Can someone list what the established wincons are thus far?

Also, need a GoW supporter's input here: Ares' more outstanding mindhax feats and powernull seem to be confined to his Pocket Dimension BFR, based on his fight with Kratos. If true, to what extent does it work outside of that, if at all?

Last edited:
Can someone list what the established wincons are thus far?

Also, need a GoW supporter's input here: Ares' more outstanding mindhax feats and powernull seem to be confined to his Pocket Dimension BFR, based on his fight with Kratos. If true, to what extent does it work outside of that, if at all?
They're not bound to his pocket dimension, I don't know why you'd think that. He even physically harms Kratos via psychic attacks in the novel from thousands of miles away.

Anyway, Ares' win conditions are stripping her of her powers then using them against her and mind control. Reimu has a power advantage large enough to oneshot Ares and her passive Fate Manipulation turns the battle in her favor, as well as the ability to remain unharmed by him via Fantasy Nature.

They're not bound to his pocket dimension, I don't know why you'd think that. He even physically harms Kratos via psychic attacks in the novel from thousands of miles away.

Anyway, Ares' win conditions are stripping her of her powers then using them against her and mind control. Reimu has a power advantage large enough to oneshot Ares and her passive Fate Manipulation turns the battle in her favor, as well as the ability to remain unharmed by him via Fantasy Nature.
totally didnt mean to overlook this

Yeah, I wouldn't have been able to ascertain that from the cutscenes and gameplay alone. I guess my understanding of it was factually incorrect, thanks for the insight! This portion [GoW1 Spoilers]'s immediate transition here threw me off, and is the only portion in the fight where the power-stripping occurs. Kratos still had the power of Pandora's Box thereafter that instance, at least in terms of still being large.

He was BFR'd, fought in the pocket dimension, had his powers null'd, then was brought back by Ares to be slain after having his spirit shattered? Is that that the gist of it or am I missing vital something here.

( Edit: Getting slightly off the rails here, apologies. )

Last edited:
Kratos still had the power of Pandora's Box thereafter that instance, at least in terms of still being large.
Power of Pandora's Box is conceptual, extremely layered at that. So it isn't exactly a victim to powernull.

He was BFR'd, fought in the pocket dimension, had his powers null'd, then was brought back by Ares to be slain after having his spirit shattered? Is that that the gist of it or am I missing vital something here.
From Ares profile.
Possesses incredibly powerful mind-manipulating and telepathic powers. They are so powerful that they caused Kratos' ribcage to ache and skin to split and bleed[11]

As you see no pocket dimension. From thousands of miles away Ares mind hax and rapes Kratos. In novel he even performs his power null via psychic abilities.

Back