• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Gods: Kratos vs Spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
As Kratos prepares to do battle with his father one last time, his surroundings twist and distort, and he finds himself in a strange plane of existence. Observing the emptiness, he prepares to use the power of the Sisters of Fate to leave before sensing another powerful presence in the area. He makes his way to it and sees a strange figure in black, with a red cape and white wings. Sensing hostility from Spawn, he doesn't mince words, treating this as a warm-up before his ultimate battle.

Spawn wasn't sure why he was taken here but could see the dismissal with which he was being treated. He would make this pale warrior regret that.

God Spawn and God of War Kratos are used. Speed is equalized—otherwise SBA.

Kratos:

Spawn:

Inconclusive:

GOWIII_KRATOS_CROP_2_renderr.webp
spawn_mk11_by_lordofapokolips692_dejbnky-pre.png

Not sure if Kratos has anything to counter Spawn's Low-Godly Regeneration or his resistance to holy weapons.
Kratos can destroy beings on a conceptual level so that should work. His holy weapon resistance is... honestly not that relevant here.

Let's not forget that Spawn can feed off the sins of his enemies to amplify his power. And seeing as how Kratos is not so innocent in that regard, that could put the God of War at a disadvantage.

Depends on how many hax layers Spawn has here. Kratos has like, 3 to 4. Holy powers are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things if Helios getting canned is anything to go by.

Also Kratos being able to absorb Type 1 AE1 concepts and destroy souls would effectively mean doom for Spawn here, who I see has no CM Type 1. You'd need High-Godly to regenerate from conceptual destruction, some forms of High Godly being simply more superior than others.

Kratos also resists Absorption so that's nothing new really. His Accelerated Development would serve to be a good counter to it.

Dunno if he could destroy Spawn's soul since Spawn has also resisted Soul Manipulation from Urizen.

Dunno if he could destroy Spawn's soul since Spawn has also resisted Soul Manipulation from Urizen.
Kinda won't matter to Type 1 Concept absorption, since that goes far beyond souls by default.

Also, how many layers of soul manip did Spawn resist? If it's not on the level of Kratos (3-4 depending on who you ask), then he's shit outta luck.

Also, how many layers of soul manip did Spawn resist? If it's not on the level of Kratos (3-4 depending on who you ask), then he's shit outta luck.
From what I know, Urizen couldn't devour Spawn's soul and Malebolgia had no control over Spawn's either due to having the 6,000 souls placed within him, as stated by the Mother. Also, I don't think all the souls were taken out of him when he became Divine Spawn, as some of them chose to stay iinm.

From what I know, Urizen couldn't devour Spawn's soul and Malebolgia had no control over Spawn's either due to having the 6,000 souls placed within him, as stated by the Mother. Also, I don't think all the souls were taken out of him when he became Divine Spawn, as some of them chose to stay iinm.
Number of souls no longer count as layers.

For Kratos' case, it's like this:

5D Low 1-C = Runic Magics (Or Primordial Magics) = Seidr Magics = Vanir Magics = Bifrost Magic < Light of Alfheim (Has its own 5D Low 1-C feat) < Energies of Tartarus < Sisters of Fate

This is normally how layers work now. Surpassing one person after the other.

Number of souls no longer count as layers.

For Kratos' case, it's like this:

5D Low 1-C = Runic Magics (Or Primordial Magics) = Seidr Magics = Vanir Magics = Bifrost Magic < Light of Alfheim (Has its own 5D Low 1-C feat) < Energies of Tartarus < Sisters of Fate

This is normally how layers work now. Surpassing one person after the other.
Well, the Mother had stated Malebolgia had no control over Spawn for this reason, so I dunno what to call it.

And if I recall correctly, there were some layers of Hell such as the 4th, 5th, and 8th Spheres that Spawn went to that torture souls. This cosmology is still a WIP, of course.

Last edited:
Well, I don't think the soul layers will be of much use here, because the concept at any level is a much more abstract aspect than the soul, it is superior. If spawn doesn't have resistance to againts conceptual manipulation, meh... I don't know if it's necessary to go on for too long.

Well, I don't think the soul layers will be of much use here, because the concept at any level is a much more abstract aspect than the soul, it is superior. If spawn doesn't have resistance to againts conceptual manipulation, meh... I don't know if it's necessary to go on for too long.
Pretty much this. No resistance to CM Type 1 means your Soul layers won't mean jackshit.

Is this only God of War Kratos were using? Does he have the Power of Hope in this fight?

Well, I'm still kinda leaning towards Spawn due to his Type 8 Immortality and his Omniscience. I mean, it seems unlikely Al would let Kratos absorb him like that due to his superior intelligence, but I can see the fight going either way.

Has his Type 8 brought him back from concept destruction?

Well, I'm still kinda leaning towards Spawn due to his Type 8 Immortality and his Omniscience. I mean, it seems unlikely Al would let Kratos absorb him like that due to his superior intelligence, but I can see the fight going either way.
How does Type 8 get immortality? If type 8 immortality wasn't at a conceptual level, it still wouldn't save him.

you cant use omniscience crossverse

Every heartbeat of Spawn increases his strength a hundredfold, so if Spawn starts CQC, I think he'd just one-shot
But I take this is a hax battle

Every heartbeat of Spawn increases his strength a hundredfold, so if Spawn starts CQC, I think he'd just one-shot
But I take this is a hax battle
Kratos also has his own AD that allows him to grow considerably stronger with every passing moment. Prolly not heartbeat levels of fast, but close enough.

doesn't spawn start with bfr
just like he did with god and satan
Ain't gonna do him any good if Spawn can't BFR him beyond a Low 1-C construct, his range appears to be Low 1-C, but I don't see any feats or scans for that.

Kratos also has his own AD that allows him to grow considerably stronger with every passing moment. Prolly not heartbeat levels of fast, but close enough.
The average human heartbeat is 100 HPM, making so Spawn gets 10,000 times stronger with every minute, is Kratos AD on this level?

No but will the fight even last that long?
Good question
I still don't know what are both's opening moves and their main win-cons here
 Also you could probably take how many seconds a human heart beats and take that instead of a full minute or smth idk

Why not? You said speed was equalized and this was God Spawn. You never said anything about Omniscience.
That's how Omniscience works on this site.
Good question
I still don't know what are both's opening moves and their main win-cons here
 Also you could probably take how many seconds a human heart beats and take that instead of a full minute or smth idk
Kratos has Information Analysis that tells him his opponent's abilities. So, he'd be aware of what Spawn's options are but not what the latter opens with. As for opening moves, either his magic powers, which include power nullifying lighting blasts, sending Spawn to a pocket reality he controls, taking powers, souls that devour concepts, etc., or his weapons and items, one of which has Low Multiversal BFR and layered power nullification (the Blade of Olympus), another deflects attacks, including AoE and more. His range is an issue though, so he'd have to close in a bit for a lot of this.

Both will start at 4 KM and Kratos has Kilometers range with Magic and Low Multi with some other weapons
So how exactly is he at disadvantage with range?

Low Multiversal is largely the BFR range, he can't like, bust 2 unis. Noted on the Kilometers part, that was my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back