• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nonexistence Erasure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So this is a thing that has been brought uphere.

A while ago we added the addition of True Godly Regenerationn here.

Now a problem has just now been brought up. Is Non-Existence Erasure an actual thing? Is it legit hax or not. I would rather us discuss this problem together as some think this is "Suggsverse" level of craziness while others think it is A-OK. Just like the last thread there seems to be some great divide here. So can we settle this?

You cant erase Nonexistence because that's what is left after you have erased... everything, and I mean literally everything.

And yet we a have a regen dedicated to it.

True Godly: Able to regenerate even if you are erased from both existence and nonexistence.

doesn't that refers to Duality? as in Existence/Nonexistence.

Being erased from nonexistence doesnt make sense to begin with.

Nonexistence is... nothing. So "you" cannot exist in Nonexistence. There is something in what the verse calls "Nonexistence", then its not true nonexistence.

This is what was accepted in that True Godly Thread

"To qualify for True Godly Regenerationn, a character must be able to regenerate from being erased from the duality of both existence and nonexistence, whereas it is only necessary to be able to recover from the former in order to warrant a High-Godly rating."

We have tons of things on this wiki that "don't make sense", I don't see how erasing nonexistence is any different.

I know characters who are able to harm beings of pure nothingness, but I don't ignore it because that doesn't make sense (Since nonexistent beings can't be harmed logically).

I have always interpreted "non-existence erasure" feats as something which erases the realm/spacetime that exists beyond/outside the universe/multiverse. Many fictions use it in that manner. Some examples:

-Oblivion from Marvel is the nothingness between universes and is an abstract of nothingness or something. Ditto for the Lord of Nightmares from Slayers who is said to be the abstract of nothingness.

-Transwarp from Transformers, which is said to be the nothingness between dimensions.

-The Void from Doctor Who, which is the infinite nothingness between dimensions.

-In Family guy, Stewie and Brian were transported outside the space-time continuum. He called it "non-existence" (pretty much the same thing happened to Wizarmon).

-The Bleed from DC is the nothingness between universes.

- Don't watch DBS but I recall reading they had an upcoming fight in the "World of Nothingness" or something.

-"Emrakul" or what's his name from MTG exists between realities and is considered as "nothingness" or something.

Are there any "non-existence erasure" feats which clearly cannot be interpreted to be referring to the void beyond the worlds/realm between dimensions?

you yourself can be erased from nonexistence (maybe to an even higher level of nonexistence but thats all hypothetical)

but you can't erase nonexistene itself if thats what you're asking.

and thats my understanding hope it helped.

I was gonna make it Staff Only, but I thought why not let the community comment here. Unless things get crazy.

Uh...yes

Cthulhu Mythos is the best example. Yog-Sothoth embodies all of existence and nonexistence. Yet there's the Nameless Mist and Unnamed Darkness, the former which spawned Yog itself. The Darkness is absolute/complete and utter nonexistence, absolutely nothing, not even nothingness And Azathoth as boundlessness spawned even the Darkness.

This is quite the complicated topic. Well imo, erasing the nonexistence of something brings it back into existence (Exept there is hax preventing this return to existence after the nonexistence is erased).

If you want to kill a being with high-godly regen, you have to erase him from the concept of duality (existence/non-existence) as a whole. Or negate the Regenerationn.

And true godly beings cannot directly be killed by any means within our understanding. So negating regen or having some unimaginable tier high 1-A / 0 hax are the only ways to get rid of something with this level of regen.

You cannot apply logic to something this high-tier. It's something beyond our logical understanding and any potrayal of this is just an artistic vision, not reality.

i just noticed something.

why is this on the content revision board ?

shouldn't this be in the "questions and answers" section ?

anyway, @Venom

didn't azathoth spawn the unnamed darkness along with the nameless mist ?

Yes, it did. Further proof that there can be something, in its Absolute Reality, beyond nonexistence and even complete nonexistence. To the Unnamed Darkness, true godly regen is trivial nothing.

There's also things like the protagonists of Final Fantasy III harming the Cloud of Darkness, a being who embodies nothingness, even though such a thing should "logically" be impossible.

VenomElite said:
Uh...yes
Cthulhu Mythos is the best example. Yog-Sothoth embodies all of existence and nonexistence. Yet there's the Nameless Mist and Unnamed Darkness, the former which spawned Yog itself. The Darkness is absolute/complete and utter nonexistence, absolutely nothing, not even nothingness And Azathoth as boundlessness spawned even the Darkness.
I agree that it exists for 1-As, but what about for 2-As? Seems way too low-level for this type of metaphysical crazyness.

The Everlasting said:
There's also things like the protagonists of Final Fantasy III harming the Cloud of Darkness, a being who embodies nothingness, even though such a thing should "logically" be impossible.
This.

@Venom

ah, ok. you see, the way you worded your first comment, it seemed you were trying to say that azathoth didn't create the unnamed darkness and its something that existed along side azathoth from the begining, or even pre-dates azathoth so i got confused for a second there.

Now I will bring up the elephant in the room here as this is a spark of this controversy. Plus I know he'll be brought up sooner or later.

ZeedMillenniummon was stated to wipe out, Life, Death, Heaven, Earth, Existence and Nothingness(We took it as non-existence considering the nature of these characters) and thus gave him and a few others the ability of non-existence erasure. Many of us including Admins agreed to this as well as one who is very knowledgable on the franchise as a whole.

I asked Sera about if lower tiered character could get it and here is our small discussion https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/759483. She said it is possible via extraordinary hax. It is also by rare cases as well, but still possible.

@Matt

its shouldn't. 2-A are incapable of what we're speaking of in this thread so this topic in that thread shouldn't be disccused.

its either an outlier statement or these mofos are outerversal and we just downplay like we're famous for in other communities lol.

VenomElite said:
ZERO7772 said:
I actually i wanted to ask this too , i mean how can you be erased from the non existence ?
This girl easily did it.

@Matt

Not really. Nonexistence isn't 1-A. It can be 3-A. Size of setting always matters and hax is a thing.
That explain nothing i could care less about those characters

i want to know how the basie idea of erasing non existence itself work

A fan of a fan said:
also why is there a removed reply ? this thread getting out of hand already ?
Ven removed his comment and merged it with another one.

We have tons of things on this wiki that "don't make sense", I don't see how erasing nonexistence is any different.

Got any examples? Because everything I personally seen on this wiki can be explained by metaphysics, theoretical physics, basic physics and philosophy.

On-Topic: Existence and Non-existence are examples of dualism. Existence is the state of living or having an objective reality. While non-existence is the state of not existing or not being real/present. But since this is fiction, where reality warping and physics manipulation exist. It's in the realm of possibility for characters to transcend duality or destroy existence and non-existence.

But this isn't the ability to erase the opposition from existence and non-existence instantly. It's total annihilation, which isn't impressive for characters at Zeedmilleniumon's caliber. So I'm not sure why this scan is being misinterpreted.

@ZERO

im not sure if the basic idea of how it works is clear for us.

as far as i know we can only go by examples since this is a topic beyond our human understanding (or at least my own mediocre understanding).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back