• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nonexistence Erasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
VenomElite said:
You cannot apply logic to something this high-tier. It's something beyond our logical understanding and any potrayal of this is just an artistic vision, not reality.
So you mean its essentially a fanciful ability that isn't supposed to make sense.

"Yog-Sothoth embodies all of existence and nonexistence. Yet there's the Nameless Mist and Unnamed Darkness, the former which spawned Yog itself."

If it is stated to embody all existence and nonexistence yet there exist things beyond it, it simply means it does not embody all that exists.

I see another example of this in Marvel. Marvel has this concept of Omniverse where it is supposed to be everything that ever exists is a part of the Omniverse. Yet there are clearly dimensions and locations which supposedly exist "outside the Omniverse". Which means the Omniverse simply does not include all that exists, contrary to its definition.

Funny all those characters are written by humans and all those rules\theories are put by humans in the first place although i can understand if someone says logic doesn't apply in anyway when you reach this level of fantasy

but must be at least some theory support it

Better re-read the thread closely then

I already said, any attempt to portray something that is outside our understanding is merely an artistic Vision.

How many artists have depicted God, though no one has ever truly saw seen him before?

@Machspyder

Do you really expect ANYTHING about a 1-A character to make sense? Because they are beyond anything that we would define as "sensed"

As for the topic, I agree with Ever. It doesn't make sense. And so what? Reality warping doesn't make sense, concept manipulation doesn't make sense either, and the same can be said about most high tier power. Heck, even something as simple as acausality is nonsensical

This is ridiculous...let's model this shall we?

Imagine you wanted to create a world. The very idea you just had is a abstract thought. Then you decide to create the world "in the beginning there was nothingness". You literally just created the concept of nothingness. Then, you proceed to create all of reality, it's history and fate, and absolutely all potential concepts.

Now then, erase the entire setting, and what is it reduced to? Your original thought, that abstract thought I mentioned earlier. You literally created and later destroyed nothingness. And you wanna know the best part about this? Any sufficiently powerful reality warper can do this.

So Sera I have a question. Are you saying that any sufficient reality warper can erase nonexistence?

@Dragon

To be fair, any sufficiently powerful reality warper can do a lot of things, it's why tons of powers like Causality Manipulation or Conceptual Manipulation are really subsets of reality warping.

So from what I understand you could compare this with a code consisting of 1's and 0's. 1 being the state of activity or Existance and 0 being the state of inactivity or Non-Existance. If this is somewhat true then erasing someone from Existance and Non-Existance would be to remove the 1/0 from the code completely.

Hmm I see. So y'know what I've been beating around the bush while trying not to make this about one character, but I have yet to get a legit answer here. Going around the issue will not help.

Let's talk about the spark of this controversy here and Conflicting Messiah's comment.

Does ZeedMillenniummon rightfully have Non-Existence Erasure or not? I would love him to keep this ability. However, if this is not resolved, we will have to deal with this much more often.

Last thing I want to do is give someone undeserving abilities because almost no one comments on Digimon threads when we have hax revisions unless they are familiar with the series.

However the problem with my logic is that it'd actually put our current High-Godly above True-Godly. Seeing how True-Godly would be regenerating after being removed from the code and High-Godly would be regenerating after the program that runs this code was deleted.

Edit: @Venom then the problem with your logic (don't want to take credit heh) would be the above.

I agree with Sera and VenomElite. We should probably remove the highlight and close this thread rather than continue to waste time on it.

@FTW

Actually, no. If existence=1 and non-existence=0, High-Godly is regenerating while you can't be 1. True-Godly is when you can't be neither 1 nor 0

Conflicting Messiah said:
We have tons of things on this wiki that "don't make sense", I don't see how erasing nonexistence is any different. Got any examples? Because everything I personally seen on this wiki can be explained by metaphysics, theoretical physics, basic physics and philosophy.
On-Topic: Existence and Non-existence are examples of dualism. Existence is the state of living or having an objective reality. While non-existence is the state of not existing or not being real/present. But since this is fiction, where reality warping and physics manipulation exist. It's in the realm of possibility for characters to transcend duality or destroy existence and non-existence.

But this isn't the ability to erase the opposition from existence and non-existence instantly. It's total annihilation, which isn't impressive for characters at Zeedmilleniumon's caliber. So I'm not sure why this scan is being misinterpreted.
Exactly. Since non-existence is the state of being 0 or Nothing/Not Existing, erasing/destroying non-existence means you essentially just destroyed/erased...nothing at all. Zero. Zilch. It is completely nonsensical. It is one of those "sounds cool ability meant to hype up character" aka suggsversal bs like "omnipotence beyond omnipotence", Abilities like reality warping, moving FTL ,physics manipulation and such at least make sense. "Transcending nothingness" sounds cool but I do that just by existing. In fact, everyone does it.

Reread the scan, existing and nothingness(non-existence) along with concepts, time and all worlds will be destroyed.

@Kaltias

I agree it doesn't make sense. But let's not pretend it does and that it is somehow on the same level as reality warping, acausality and such.

All those things you mentioned are comprehendable and their mechanics well known. They are also common in fiction. Reality warping makes sense because its just ignoring the laws of physics to do whatever is desired. FTL is just breaking a physical limit and moving beyond it. Acausality is reversing cause and effect. But "erasing nonexistence"? It is destroying something that doesn't exist. Destroying 0. Destroying nothing at all.

EDIT: On thinking about it further, it's on par with stuff like removing the soul of something which doesnt have a soul, mindfucking something without a mind, etc. Nonsensical but I have seen such feats.

As we have already acknowledged it makes no sense, I am fine with it if everyone is also okay with it.

@FTW

Nah. High godly is being erased from 1 and regenerating from 0. True godly is being erased from 1 and 0 and regenerating from the "outside". In my example 1 is existence and 0 is nonexistence which aren't part of code even in the metaphorical sense.

Kaltias said:
@FTW
Actually, no. If existence=1 and non-existence=0, High-Godly is regenerating while you can't be 1. True-Godly is when you can't be neither 1 nor 0
isn't High-Godly regenerating if the reality you're in is destroyed? I.e. if the program the code is in gets deleted.

So we are just going to leave things where they are at correct? Should I close this?

Conflicting Messiah said:
But this isn't the ability to erase the opposition from existence and non-existence instantly. It's total annihilation, which isn't impressive for characters at Zeedmilleniumon's caliber.
If this scan is everything we have to back up non-existence erasure for Zeed I'm not sure if the ability is justified.

The explanation just says he conquers "the sky, ..., existence and nothingness, ...", not what he can do with it, let alone erase it. Zeed is powerful, still this could also be flowery language. The flames that "will turn data into noise" likely just means complete destruction like Messiah said.

There is a lot that can be interpreted from this, but from the scan alone I'd say it cannot be safely said that he has this ability.

I lack knowledge on the high tier digimon so if there are other sources backing this up please correct me.

We decided it was not flowery language on said thread.(That was brought up.)

And based upon who said it (Homeostasis, a being who is nigh-omniscient) it is more likely that he is destroying life, death, heaven, earth, existence and nothingness. This would be supported with him fighting God and his ever present absorption. Take this on my wall to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back