• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision about Duality

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically we accept something as duality if those nature is like logical duality, or A and not A nature. We also accept something as duality if it have it negation or absence of that

The problem is, being negation of something are literally just being nonexistence, it not substance to begin with
There are 3 problem in here

1. We cannot seperate some negation from other negation of thing, for example negation of light is absence of light basically mean nonexistance and negation of hot are absence of hot mean nonexistence, there are no difference between negation of light and hot, thats basically just the same thing

2. When we bring that to nondualty/transduality, the only thing that those abilty immune are just the "possitive" thing not the "negative" or it negation, because the "negative" basically nothing then there are no thing to begin with

3. Basically the duality of existence and nonexistence will contain all of dualities by default. Like the problem 1, because all negation of all things basically just nothing or nonexiatence, all negation will banish below nonexistence, make you just have to transcend duality of existence and nonexistence for have type 2 nonduality/transduality

So my solution for this are, the standard will just accept something as duality if thing in dual system are literally a thing or yeah a substance. I sugest we add some requirement in the standard like this
For this ability, dualities refer to logical dualities where the duality is between "A" and "not A" where A is some object or attribute. Both "A" and "not A" in dual system are substance, where both are equal also define each other for both cannot exist if the other not. For example, fire and water are not a duality; the duality of fire would be fire and not fire. The duality of existence would be existence and not existence, or, alternately, existence and nonexistence or existence and void.

While I agree that Nonduality is defined awfully at the moment, I'd rather bring that up as part of the ongoing Tiering System revisions, in some future time (Especially given this thread is pretty much unintelligible despite the points being somewhat valid). You mind if I close this?

I am fine with if Ultima handles this later. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back